Chapter 27

Edited

"Ok guys remember we have a game tomorrow. But have a good weekend." coach says. Tomorrow was our first outdoor game for the last season we were going to have during high school. Its more of a friendly league. I'm definitely going to miss it.

"Hey Leanna." Maggie says next to me.

"Hey." I say back.

"Zachs having the crew over tomorrow after the game you coming?"

"Ya definitely." I smile at her and she walks away.

"Leanna." Josh sings coming up behind me.

"Yes." I sing back. He chuckles.

"Where are you going?" He asks looking confused. I look straight ahead and realize I'm going the wrong way.

"Oops." I giggle turning around.

"Oh Leanna sometimes I wonder why I love you." he chuckles.

"Hey!" I whine. "That's mean." I pout.

"I'm sorry." he says smirking at me. I cross my arms and turn away. I wanted to see how long he would realize I was just joking.

"Leanna please! I'm sorry." he cries. I turn around and see him on the ground holding my leg.

"Josh let go I was jok-"

"I didn't mean to be me-"

"JOSH IT WAS A JOKE." I yell over him laughing. Josh smiles.

"I know I was joking to." he points out. Finally I realize the crowd of people watching us behind Josh.

"Josh." I whisper.

"What?" He whispers back.

"Those people are watching us." I whisper back. Josh turns around and started yelling.

"YES WE ARE WEIRD. NOW STOP STARING AND TAKE A PICTURE IT LASTS LONGER." I laugh so hard. Then I see a kid take out his phone and actually take a picture of us.

"He just- what the hell?" Josh looks at me confused. Then he turns to the kid then back to me. He repeated this process like 5 times.

"I didn't actually mean take a picture." Josh whispers next to me.

"These kids are weird."

"Ya lets go." Josh grabs my hand and drags me to his car.

"Leanna hurry up before those weird kids jump us or something." Josh whisper shouts. Josh leaves the school parking lot and brings us straight to his house.

"Wanna come over for a little bit?"

"Sure." When we get inside I realize nobody is home.

"Josh is anybody ever home at your house?" He shakes his head no. Josh walks over to me and brings me over to the couch hugging me and the. Laying down. We lay like that for awhile.

"Josh I should probably change I most likely smell."

"No don't leave." he whines.

"I have to change." I laugh trying to shake out of his arms but they wouldn't budge.

"Just wear some of my clothes."

"Fine." I say. He finally lets me go and I run up to his room with him. He pulls out a pair of soccer sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"Here the pants are probably to big but you can roll them up." he says. After he leaves the room I quickly change out of my soccer stuff and go back down stairs. When I get down there were snacks on the table and there was a movie playing on the tv. Once I realized Josh was nowhere to be found I started looking around. I checked everywhere. When I walked into the kitchen nerf darts started flying everywhere. I got hit everywhere and I still didn't know where he was. Some time in the middle of the nerf war Josh kicked a gun near me so I could shoot back. When he jumped out in front of me I just shot a bunch of them repeatedly.

"Owwww." Josh shrieks. I stop shooting and look at him. Somehow the dart was stuck to his fore head. I burst out laughing and Josh smiles a little bit becoming un-mad. I pull the nerf bullet off of his fire head and bite my lip. He looked so cute. We both leaned in to kiss and I kissed his cheek instead. Quickly getting up I run away from him.

"Leanna!" He whines. "You can't tease me like that." I run to his room and slide under his bed. 2 minutes later Josh walks into his room. First he looks in his closet. After he stands in his room thinking for awhile he looks under the bed. When we make eye contact he comes under with me. Right when we are about to kiss, we hear something at his window. We both freeze and get out from underneath the bed. Josh grabs a nerf gun and pushed me behind him. He then slowly walks to the window and opens it. A girl jumps through the window and onto the floor making me and Josh scream. Once I realized it was Josh's older sister Taylor I sighed with relief.

"TAYLOR!" I yell running over to her. I wrapped my arms around her. I haven't seen Taylor in forever.

"Uh why did you come through my window?" Josh asks looking puzzled.

"Well Josh you locked the door and I couldn't get in."

"There's a spare key under the mat." he says back in a duh tone.

"Shut up! " she says playfully smacking his chest.

"So why are you here?" I ask.

"Well I wanted to see you guys." she says.

"So what's been happening?"

"Stuff." I say laughing.

Game day

When Josh and I went up for captains one of the refs looked at me confused.

"Umm sweet heart cheerleaders are over there." did this ref just say that?

"Do I look like I'm here to be a damn cheerleader?" I snap.

"Ya George she's actually really good." The other red says.

"Exactly what I said when I firsts saw her." one of the boys said. Suddenly my anger rushes to my face and I grab his shirt collar.

"You little-"

"Excuse me miss if you want to play this game you better get your act together." said George the ref. I let go of the boy and he looked like a scared little puppy. I smile sweetly and walked back next to Josh who let me handle the whole situation. We won the toss and got the ball first. The game was bull crap. The ref was totally siding with the other team. When I got checked to the ground for the fifth time I was pissed.

"What the hell? Call the freaking game fair." I yell. Coach takes me out of the game and it only gets me more mad. Guess this isn't as friendly as I thought it was going to be.

"Coach I'm fine. Let me back in."

"Leanna you need to cool off and you keep on getting checked its only one game and I rather not have you get hurt now." he says. I finally sit down giving up. When the game ended it was tied 0-0. When my team said good game to the other team I got tons of slaps on the hand. When we thanked the refs I almost stabbed " George". Josh practically pushed me away from him.

"Leanna I don't want you to go to jail for murder. But if you do by any chance happen to be the suspect for that guys death don't tell me anything or else I can't defend you." he says.