Chapter 24

Edited

Josh's POV:

Leanna was there when her dad died. So I know why she would dream about it considering it was such a significant memory in her brain. But the fact that she dreams about it even now bothers me. I wish she didn't have to go through that.

 She kisses my cheek and I look at her face. Blood shot eyes, bags, puffy face, red streaks from crying, she didn't look like herself. I wrapped my arms around her and she lays her head on my chest. Pain shoots up my body. What the hell? Something's not right. I practically jump backwards making Leanna look at me confused. I poke my chest and it hurts again. I rip my shirt off and my chest has a bruise.

"Josh what the hell is that." she asks walking over to me.

"I don't kn- oh I know what that's from." I say remembering the series of punches and slaps Leanna threw at my chest when she was dreaming for night-mareing.

"What?" She asks worried.

"Leanna that was from you." I say calmly. I didn't really care it's just she would be upset about it.

"Leanna it's fine it barely hurts I didn't even know it was there. Promise." I say quickly. She raises her eyebrow.

"You didn't act like it didn't hurt."

"It doesn't I swear." I say. She looks at me questioningly but forgets about it.

"Hey I'm exhausted lets go to sleep we have a long day tomorrow." I say. She nods and Emmet shuts the light off. She lays on my chest again and I grit my teeth from saying anything. She shifts her head a little and I can't take it anymore.

"Shit!" I whisper-yell.

"HA!" She yells making Emmet jump up.

"What is wrong with you two and giving me a heart attack?!" He yells. She pulls off my shirt and points to the bruise making Emmet stop talking.

"Bro how did that happen."

"It's from me." Leanna says walking out of the room.

"Where's she going?" Emmet asks. I shrug and Emmet walks over. He pokes my chest repeatedly.

"DUDE!! It hurts." I yell he laughs and I slap him in the head. Leanna comes back with a bag of ice. She comes closer and places the ice on my chest making me wince.

"You should have told me!" She says punching my arm.

"Leanna babe I love you to death but stop hitting me!" I screech. Emmet laughs. After we iced it we all went to bed Leanna next to me instead of on me.

Leanna's POV

"Leanna.........wake up." Josh sings in my ear. I get up and see Emmet still sleeping.

"Why did you let him sleep!" I whine.

"I didn't. He fell back asleep." Josh sighs. I smirk and open the mini fridge. I saw a water bottle and quickly opened it. I tip toe over to Emmet and splash the water on his face. He jolts up and I run to the bed handing Josh the now empty water bottle.

"What the hell Josh!" He hisses. Josh glares at me and I smile innocently.

"Well he's up now let's go get some food!" I say happily. We all walk out and everyone was out to. Together we made our way to the breakfast area. I ate so much food because I was starving. Josh looked at me like I was crazy once I hate my third muffin.

"Leanna where does your food even go?" He asks poking my stomach. I shrug. I go to grab the last strip of bacon and so does Josh. I snatch the bacon and run hoping he wouldn't catch me. Josh grabs me by the waist and holds me in his arm. Smirking he grabs the bacon and shoves it in his mouth. I pout and shove him away from me.