Chapter 9

I wear my black, and white jersey with black shorts and black socks. My jersey is all black with white stripes running down my sleaves and the sides of my stomach. The white stripes continue down my shorts. The girls and I were done getting ready so we left the locker room. On the way out we saw coach and the rest of the boys.

"Okay now that the girls are out I would like to announce the 2 team captains. The first one is.... Josh!!!" All the boys playfully smacked Joshs back congradulating him. When Josh walked over to me I congratulated him.

"Congradu-"

"I'm not done yet." Coach stated. I stare at him remembering that there was 2 captains.

"Our other captain is going to be............Leanna!!" I stare at him for a few seconds trying to process everything that just happened. Next thing I know Josh is hugging me.

"CAPTAIN COUPLE!!!!" Someone yells. Josh and I start to laugh after hearing this. I smile, happy that our relationship is okay now. Our coach hands us both yellow captain bands and we slide it up our arms.

"Congrats love!" Maggie says giving me an encouraging smile.

"Okay but we need to get going guys." Coach says leading us to the door. We all get in a line. Josh and I are up front side by side. When we get to the field we hear many cheers while the other team gets nothing, hahaha. Josh and I go to the half line when the ref calls captains. The captains on the other team look at me for a second before smirking.

"So the Jaguars are using girls now? Not gonna help you get better Josh." The left one said. I could see Josh tensing when he said this.

"Dude just back off, you don't even know how they play. And when you do see them play, your gona realize that they are much better than you are." The other kid lunged for Josh but the ref got in the middle of it.

"Do you boys want to get carded?" Umm obiously not duhh. Josh and the other captain nodded.

"Okay Janguars, heads or tails?"

"Tails." Josh calls.

"Tails it is. What side do you want?" Josh ooints to where our bench is.

"Okay . Lions you get ball and that side. Lets play!!" Josh and I jog to our bench.

"Okay so Leanna your center mid." I nod while he gives off the other positions.  When he's done, we do our "cheer" then go to the field.

Zach passes me the ball and I sprint up the field. The game is tied 0-0. That captain that went after Josh in the beginning of the game was coming closer to me. I went to do a move, but I didn't get too. The captain hit me in the ribs with all the force he could. I could tell, trust me. He knocked me down and I screamed in pain. I lay on my back crying with my ribs hurting so much. Why do I keep getting hurt? Physically and mentally.

Joshs POV

I'm pissed! I'm soo freaking pissed that I could freaking kill someone. Looks like Eric (the captain) is gona die. And its going to be a slow painfull death. Leanna's cries make me more angrier. Eric isn't paying attention so when I walk up too him I tap his back. When he turns around, I punch him so hard in the face.

"NEVER HIT A GIRL LIKE THAT." I shout. Especially my girl. I don't care if she's on a boys team that doesn't mean he can give a cheap hit like that to someone. Damn he has a hard face. Eric stumbles slightly and lands a punch on my forehead. Before I can react, the referee held us back. I shrug of the ref and  look around for Leanna and I see they took her off the field with a stretcher. This can't be good. When I reach her she is still crying.

"Leanna? Are you okay?"

"No Josh I'm not freaking okay!!" She snaps. Jeez I'm not the only one who is pissed off. Leanna winces and grabs her ribs.

The peramedics do some random crap to her and then they say a bunch of things too me.

"Whats her name?" One asks

"Leanna."

"Are you her brother?"

"No."

"Boyfriend?"

"No I just like to hit people for just about anyone. Obiously she's my girlfriend." I say sarcastically.

"Okay well she should be okay but, she can't play the rest of this game, next weeks practices, or next weeks game." Leanna looks at him and her jaw drops. Oh jeez, oh jeez Leanna's gonna kill someone. Our school athletic trainer comes and talks with Leanna and when she leaves, Leanna looks as if she has calmed down, but then she notices the bruise on my face.

"Where is he?"

"Who?"

"Their captain.....who else?"

"Eric?"

"Yes."

"Eric, Eric?"

"Yes Josh Eric."

"On the field, but your not gonna kill him right? Cause thats my job." I say jokingly. She gives me a mischievous smile and I feel sooo bad for Eric, actually no I don't. She walks on the field trying her best not to fall when Eric sees me he walks over. I see his fist lift up to hit me but Leanna was quicker.

"Hit me, mistake #1. Hit my boyfriend? Your dead." She clocks him in the head and then winces at her knuckles. OMG we are a bloody knuckle couple!!!!