Chapter 21

Edited

Leanna's POV

I'm at the mall with Emily and Maggie. We both go into a sports store and I find the best gift for Josh. I look at the sweatshirts and they both say "A couple that plays soccer together, stays together". I grab them both seeing they are the last ones. What a coincidence.

"Those would look so cute on you and Josh!" Maggie says reading my mind.

"Ugh I wish I saw them first!" Em says pouting.

"I know right." I say smiling. I buy them both and go home. When I get home I go straight up to my room remembering how much time I spent out of it in Florida. I sit on the floor getting ready to wrap the sweatshirt when my mom walk in. She sits down next to me placing her hand on my knee. I look up with a worried expression.

"We need to talk." she says.

"What's wrong." I ask quickly.

"Honey I don't think I'm going to be able to spend Christmas with you this year." she says looking down. I felt like my stomach was doing flips. This was my first Christmas without dad and now I won't be able to spend it with my mom? Yah that's not happening.

"What about Sophie?" I ask

"She could stay here with you."

"Why do you have to go." I ask my eyes filling with tears.

"Honey its the first year without your father and I- I need some time. I prom- Leanna don't cry." she says hugging me. "but I promise to be back on Sunday morning. It's not that many days since Christmas is on Thursday."

"This is the first Christmas we all won't spend together." I say.

"I know honey I'm sorry." she says.

"Is this what you got for Josh?" She says lightening up the mood. I nod.

"That's so cute!" She exclaims and I laugh. I hear a door close outside and my mom goes to my window.

"It's Josh!!" She says and I stand up. We both hear footsteps coming up the stairs and I know it's him.

"I'll distract him you hide the present." she whispers." I nod and start to panic. I throw the sweatshirt under my bed hitting my head at the same time.

"Shit!!" I whisper shout. I finish putting it under and Josh walks in.

"Hey babe." Josh says kissing my lips. He looks into my eyes.

"What's wrong?" He says. His smile turning into a frown.

"Uh can you get me some ice?"

"Uh yah sure but why?" He says raising an eyebrow.

"Uh..." I think up a lie and nothing comes so I just start rambling on and on.

"Nothing. HowsYourDay? MinesGreat Thanks! WowIsThatANewShirt? It'sReallyNice! Soo-" Josh stops me mid-sentence with a kiss. He breaks away.

"Wow you really don't stop talking." he says laughing with a smirk. I start to say something but he beats me to it.

"I'm going to get you ice don't do anything to hurt yourself." he laughs leaving the room. When Josh comes back he places the ice on my forehead.

"Are you excited for the Christmas party tonight?" He asks. I nod. I look at my phone and see what time it was. It's 4:00. I jump up.

"Josh you have to go!" I say shoving him out the door.

"Wait what? Why?" he says confused.

"The girls are coming over to get ready so you get together with Zach, Blake, and Adam. And we will all leave together. But you have to go." he nods.