Chapter 12

Edited

It's been a couple of weeks now and we have a sports banquet on Friday and its Monday. My dress is super pretty. It's strapless and a light pink color. Josh is wearing just a regular suit and tie. Every year we have a banquet and every year everyone nominates the cutest sports couple, it's really weird. In other words, Josh and I are part of the nomineesWhen I come home Sophie jumps on top of me hugging my neck.

"Leanna I saw your dress!" she chirps.

"Oh really?"

"Yah and its suuuuuuper pretty!" she says stretching the "u" in super.

"Thanks, wanna watch a movie tonight?" I ask. She nods and we head to the living room. Sophie looks through the tons of movies that we have not sure of what to watch. Finally she picks Frozen even though we have watched it a bunch of times. Before I put the movie in I invite Josh and he arrives in seconds like he was waiting for the invite. We all cuddle up on the couch, me laying on Josh's chest while Sophie lays on mine. We go through the whole movie and I still laugh at everything that little Olaf guy says. Sophie of course, fell asleep half way through it. Josh was playing with my hair so I seemed to be the only one paying attention. I put Sophie to bed and cuddle up next to Josh on the couch again. My stomach was hurting but I ignored it as I fell asleep.
When I wake up I knew something was wrong. I run to the bathroom and fling myself at the toilet vomiting. Josh and Aaron run to the bathroom followed by my mother. I lean my head against the wall.

"I don't think I can go to school." I stutter out.

"Yah I didn't think so." mom says. I hear Aaron fake gag, laughing. Idiot.

"Do you want me to stay? Actually don't answer that I'm staying." Josh says not giving me time to object. "My mom won't mind, she loves you."

"Okay I need to leave for work and so does Aaron so Josh take care of her." mom says and Josh nods. Josh being the most prince-like boyfriend ever picks me up and places me gently on the couch. He leaves the room coming back with a blanket and a goofy grin.

"I don't want to get you sick!" I say.

"Don't worry about me I just want to cuddle with you. And my immune system is bullet proof." I sighand Josh lays next to me putting a blanket on the two of us. All I want to do is sleep and hope that my stomachache will go away before the banquet so I can wear my beautiful dress. I slowly fall asleep forgetting about my dress.
When I wake up I see Josh is still sleeping so I go to the bathroom to stare at my appearance. I look in the mirror and stare in horror. I have baggy eyes, pale skin, and my hair is crazy.

How Josh still loves me? No idea.

Day of banquet

My achey self is gone and I am ready for this banquet. I curl my hair and put on some make up. Maggie comes over to get ready with me and Josh and Zach are going to pick us up. We invited Em and Adam but they decided to go alone by themselves. Once I'm done with my face and hair, I slip on my dress and some heels. I have my matching clutch bag and I'm ready to go. When I walk downstairs Josh and Zach are waiting for us. They stare in awe.

"You look gorgeous." Josh says. I blush and he grabs my hand leading me out the door Maggie and Zach following behind. Before we could leave my mom runs outside with her camera.

"We need to take pictures!!!" she yells. I groan and we pose for her. She takes a few and let's us go. When we get there kids are already dancing and eating. We go to the soccer table and sit with our group. All the girls look beautiful and the guys look handsome. Josh and I go over to the food table but I'm afraid to drink the punch. I hesitate before grabbing the handle.

"What's wrong?" Josh says.

"I have this thing where I won't touch even a bottle of alcohol ever since the, um accident. And I really don't wanna find out if someone put something in here." Josh being my hero and my idiot takes a sip.

"Let's stick to water." he says with a lopsided grin. I smile at him. 

I notice Emmet sitting by himself and staring at his phone at the lacrosse table. Before I walk over there, I slip off my heels and take a cookie off of Emily's plate. When I sit down beside him, Emmet smiles.

"Hey Leanna." He says.

"You can come sit with us you know." I say looking at the empty seats surrounding us.

"Its okay." He says laughing

"I mean I don't want to take you away from all your friends," I say motioning my to all the empty seats. "But we miss you."

"I know I miss you guys too." He says.

"Well, I think Joshua over there wants to dance with me," I say looking at Josh who is giving me puppy dog eyes across the room. "But feel free to come around whenever." Emmet nods and I leave him by himself at the table.

We dance and eat and drink (not punch) and the night is great. Josh and I even won the cutest couple award (as if there was even a competition). In the end, it was a lot of fun.