Chapter 23

Edited

Leanna's POV

Everyone of us loaded the trunk of our rental car. I had already said goodbye to Mom and Sophie. We decided, along with our parents, that the whole crew would be going on a ski trip to New Hampshire for New Years. I thought it was a great idea. It was going to take us a a few hours to get there so we were going to have to take turns driving and we would have to stop at a hotel since our parents didn't want us driving throughout the night. 

I laughed and we all piled into the car. In the front was Zach driving, and Maggie in the passenger. The first row was Adam, Emily, and Emmet. Second row was Josh, Blake, and I. 20 minutes into the ride I got really bored, and curious.

"Zach, how much long till we get there?" I ask. Everyone started groaning.

"What?!?" I pouted.

"Guys you know she gets bored easily." Josh says ignoring me. I cross my arms looking at him.

"Oh come on Leanna you do get bored fast." he says innocently. I ignore him and look at Blake.

"Don't worry Leanna I'm curious to." he says with a lazy smile. I laugh and pop my headphones in knowing it will distract me. An hour of music and I realize a few of us had passed out. I look at Emmet and we share the same evil grin. Emily who was currently sleeping in front of me was our "victim". Emmet then hands me a metal can. I look at it and I read "Silly String". I look at him shocked and proud all at once. He smirks at my expression. ️I peak over the seat and Adam looks at me. He snickers and pulls his phone out recording it. I squeeze the lever and string flys out of the can making a noise. Everyone jolted up, including Emily. She was pissed.

"Leanna I will freaking kill you if you do that again." she snaps. She looked scary. Then I looked around at her silly stringed face. I looked at Emmet and we couldn't keep it in anymore. We both were laughing so hard.  While we were laughing I accidentally squirted the silly string. It was seriously an accident. I just accidentally clicked the button. But Emily didn't know that. She jumps over the seat and grabs me by the collar. Adam had to pull her off of me.

"Bro control your girlfriend." Emmet says to Adam.

"Shut up." Adam says throwing a chip at Emmet. But it didn't hit Emmet, it hit Josh who was sitting next to me, bobbing his head to music.

"Why did you throw a chip at me?" he snaps ripping his headphones out of his ears.

"Bro control your boyfriend." Maggie  says in a guy voice. Blake and I crack up.

"Shut up your guys!" Zach snaps. We were all bickering and I could see from the back that Zach's hands around the steering wheel were tightening. Finally I could see that he couldn't take it anymore.

"ALL OF YOU SHUT THE HELL UP IM TRYING TO DRIVE!!" He practically screams. We all sit there in dead silence frightened by Zach's sudden out burst. For about a whole hour we all sit there in silence acres to speak. Suddenly I get the courage to speak for the sake of my blatter.

"Uh Zach?" I ask as innocently as possible.

"What." He snaps.

"I-I have to pee." I stutter.

"Ok."

"So can we stop?" I ask.

"Fine." he growls pulling into a gas station. Josh, Emmet, and I all run into the gas station running to the bathroom. But there was only one. As I was about to open the door Josh pushes past me.

"Hey!" I screech.

"Sorry Leanna I got to pee." he says. I pout while Josh barges in.

"Ahhhhh!" He screams. I jump up confused. Emmet and I look at each other then at Josh who leaned on the wall covering his eyes.