Chapter 16

Edited

After animal kingdom we all went to Maggie and mines hotel room to watch a movie. We decided on Shes The Man. Maggie and I stare at Channing Tatums 6-pack while Josh and Zach sit behind us with jealous looks.

"He is absolutely perfect." I say in awe as I look at Channing Tatum. Josh mutters something under his breath and I smirk.

"Is Joshua Harrison jealous?" I ask raising my eyebrows.

"Jealous?"he scoffs "Why would I be jealous?"

"Have you seen his body?" Maggie says.

"I have and I don't think it's that great!" He huffs crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yah me neither!" Zach agrees.

"I don't think either of you boys have a six pack like him." Maggie teases. I get what she's doing. Reverse psychology... Josh and Zach stare at each other with anger written all over their faces along with jealously. Josh and Zach exchange looks then both rip off their shirts revealing their stomachs. Maggie and I stare at their 6 packs that were amazing. Of course we already knew that they had abs we just gave them another reason to take off their shirts. I walk up to Josh and smirk kissing his cheek.

"Don't be jealous trust me you don't need to be." I say playfully hitting his bare chest. After awhile they finally caught on to what we just got them to do.

"Hey! You tricked us! You did know that we had amazing abs like Channing Tatum!" Zach yells. After that we just finished the movie and then we all went to sleep in our own beds.

The next morning we decided to spend a day at the pool since we had practice at 5:30. I wear my white bathing suit that is strapless with shorts and a v-neck tee shirt over. Before we leave I grab my sunglasses and phone and leave the hotel room. We all take the elevator down. I see the snack machine and immediately want gummy bears. Maggie feels the same.

"You guys go to the pool we're gonna get some snacks." I say and they go straight to the pool.

Josh's POV
When we get to the pool a couple of the guys are there with Emily and Maggie. Leanna must have texted them. Zach and I walk over there and I notice some of our competition is here to.

"Is that the team that hurt Leanna?" Blake asks. Anger suddenly rushes to my head.

"Josh don't." Zach says. I look over an Leanna and Maggie come in when we make eye-contact she looks at Eric. I can see the slight fear in her eyes even though she hides it with a playful . She's afraid of him now. I wasn't going to do anything before but now I know shes afraid and I don't want her to be afraid anymore. Before I can move Blake pushes me down into a seat.

"Let's not do what your thinking."

"Why not? I mean we will only be getting in trouble for murder." I smirk. And Blake laughs.

"Sorry my friend I would actually like to participate in this tournament." We laugh and Leanna finally comes over.

"Guys he's here." she says with a worried expression.

"Leanna don't worry I think your boyfriends got it covered. He practically told me his murder plan." Blake laughs making her smile.

"Well why don't we not worry about that idiot and have some fun? Shall we?" Zach says. We all agree taking off our clothes revealing our bathing suits. The first to go in was Adam and Zach them to doing front flips in. I eventually go in to but Leanna doesn't.

"Leanna you coming in?"

"Yah I'm just gonna go to the bathroom she says slipping on her shorts. When she leaves I couldn't help but notice Eric wasn't at the pool. He better not try anything.

Leanna's POV
When I leave my bathroom I get an email from coach about the practice at 5:30 reminding us. My head is down so when I bump into a body I don't even realize it.

"Oops I'm sor- Eric..." I say shocked. Why is he in front of me right now. I just want him to go away so I can go pee. He has a smirk on his face that makes me scared.

"So little Leanna has no one to protect her now? Josh isn't here to save you now princess!" He hisses and I back up into the wall. I don't say anything so he continues.

"How's your ribs?" He says looking at my stomach which was bare. "I heard you couldn't play a game. Better watch out for next time." he says. My eyes widen and all I want to do is be with Josh. Eric then takes hold of my elbow and I try to shake his hand away.

"Let go." I say. And he doesn't. His face gets closer to mine even though it shouldn't. If there is anyone up there, please don't let this disgusting teenage boy kiss me.

"How many times do you want me to break your nose?" I hear Josh say. Eric turns around only to face Josh's fist. Emily comes over to me embracing me with a hug.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and see Josh. I then hide my face in the crook of his neck. He leads me away from all the people and brings me to the elevator.

"What happened?" He asks.

"I was walking out of the bathroom and I was reading an email when I bumped into him. He started talking about my ribs and how he hurt me and I got scared." I say. "Then I'm pretty sure he tried to kiss me. But then you came." I finish.

"I want to kill him." Josh says. For a moment I think he's serious but I shake the thought.

"Your not going to practice tonight. Not after what happened." Josh says over protectively.

"Yes I am." I say back. "We need to practice so we can win this tournament and just because something happened doesn't mean we stop training." I shoot back.

"Leanna you are so stubborn." he laughs. I laugh to.

"Wanna know something funny." Josh says. I nod unsure of what he was going to say.

"I'm pretty sure I heard Eric cry when I hit him." I burst into laughter uncontrollably. We sit there talking for a couple of minutes before we head back down to the pool.

Our practice was very light since we have a game tomorrow and coach didn't wanna burn us out. He made us do some stretches and some easy passing and other kinds of drills. After practice we were forced to go straight to our rooms and drink water. And we couldn't stay up late. I don't understand why we have to go to bed early if our game starts at 6:30PM. But I've learned not to ask questions.