Chapter 34

Edited

Play the song when you see (Play Song). Only a couple chapters left.

Josh's POV

"Ok does everyone understand what is going to happen tonight?" Maggie asked. I groaned. She explained to all of us 5 times where we were going to take pictures, where we were all getting ready, and how we were getting to the freaking prom.

"Maggie! We get it!" Leanna said speaking my thoughts.

"I'm sorry! I just want this night to be perfect and clearly you guys don't!" She exclaims running out of our homeroom. Great now Maggie was pissed. Zach ran after her and Leanna sighed.

"Was I being that mean?" She asked.

"Well to be honest I was thinking the same thing." I said shrugging.

"Mags! I'm sorrrrrrrrrry!" Leanna yells running out of the room. Our teacher, Mrs. DaCosta looked at me with a questionable look on her face. I shrugged and she laughed to herself.

"Josh would you mind going to get Leanna, Maggie, and Zach please." she asked. I nodded and walked towards the door.

"Guys come on we have to go to class." I said and they all stood up. Maggie was pouting and Leanna had a proud smile on her face which told me that they were fine now. I slung my arm around Leanna's shoulders and we walked into class together. Once we sat down, our teacher began talking.

"Ok guys tonight you have prom if you didn't know. So instead of talking about math problems that you all probably don't care about since you are graduating soon you guys can just do what you want. As long as your not being dangerous or anything." she narrows her eyes down at Emmet and he throws his hands out in shock.

"Why do I feel like that was directed towards me?" He asked defensively.

"Emmet! You almost killed me!" I yelled at him.

"Josh, the knife was about an inch above your head stop being so dramatic."

"How did you even get that knife?" Emily asked him.

"Haha." Emmet says nervously scratching his head.

"Actually nevermind I don't want to know." Emily says quickly. My phone buzzed and I quickly pulled it out to see that Leanna tagged me in a photo on Instagram. She tagged:

@-Lhampton10: Relationship Goals
The picture was of a boy and a girl ready for prom I'm guessing and they were standing in the goal of a soccer field with a soccer ball that had a heart drawn on it. I laughed and looked at Leanna, who was sitting next to me, as she continued to scroll through Instagram.

"You're too cute." I said kissing her nose.

"I know!" She chirped eyes never leaving the phone screen.

Social Studies

"Josh? Why don't you read the next paragraph." Ms. Fagan told me. Clearly she realized I wasn't paying attention and that's why she picked me. Or it could be because she just hates me.

"Uh...." I scanned the page to find anything that seemed familiar. When I couldn't find anything I looked at Leanna and she held up 3 fingers flashing me a smirk. I looked at the page and found the third paragraph and began reading. Luckily I didn't get interrupted so that meant I was reading the right thing. I finished reading finally and Ms. Fagan smirked at me.

"Well Josh. That was the right paragraph." she said and I let out a sigh of relief.
"But, you weren't on the right page. Or in the right book." I heard Leanna and saw her smack her forehead.