Chapter 26

Edited

Josh's POV

The next morning we were watching the news because of the incident from last night. It was everywhere. Apparently the girl who was shot was the mans ex girl friend. She was in recovery and explained the whole story to the whole police. We all decided that we were gonna cut the trip short. Leanna was to scared to even sleep and that worried the rest of us to. So we packed up the van and drove back home. It was quiet the whole ride. Maggie and Zach drove. The whole situation being similar to her dad was messing her up. Leanna's eyes were beat red and she needed sleep.

"Leanna." I whisper.

"Ya." she says turning to face me.

"You should sleep."

"I can't sleep."

"Why."

"Because I can't." She hisses this time.

"Leanna you barely slept last night your probably exhausted." I say calmly.

"Josh leave me alone." she says. I tried not to take her words seriously because I knew she was still upset about last night. She was probably still mad at me for going up the mountain too. Half an hour later she was asleep on my lap. I looked at her and smiled. Damn she drives me crazy. I love her so much. I look at her face and suddenly feel the need to feel her lips on mine. I wanted to kiss her so much but I also didn't want to get yelled at for waking her up. When she opened her eyes she looked right at me. Then taking me by surprise she smashed her lips into mine. While kissing her my mind went blank and I couldn't even think. Once we broke I had to catch my breath.

"Leanna...I love you." I whisper.

"I love you to." she whispers back. I pull her into a hug and hold on. I never want to loose her ever. We have gone through so much together in the past year. But this school year is ending and we will all eventually leave to go to college. I'm gonna miss these guys and all our memories. Im gona miss being with Leanna every single day.

New Years Eve--------

Leanna's POV//////

Josh and I pull up to Emmets house which was crowded with people from our school. When we walked in people were dancing and drinking, I'm guessing alcohol. As soon as Emmet saw us he ran over.

"What's up guys?" He yelled over the music.

"Nothing really." I yell back laughing.

"Hey wanna go join a game of dare or dare?" Josh says yes but I think it's a bad idea. Who knows what someone might dare us to do Call me a party pooper but can we all remember what happened last time. Emmet brings us to a room where there are about 7 other people besides Emmet Josh and I. The 7 people were Brook, Dean, Blake, Claire, Zach, Maggie, and this guy on the lax team. When we all sit down Emmet starts explaining things.

"Ok everyone gets 3 passes." He says sitting down next to Josh. The game goes on. I was dared more times than I could count, so was Josh. A half an hour later Josh ran out of passes. It was Deans turn.

"I dare Josh to go do 5 shots." he smirks. Josh's jaw dropped.

"5?" He exclaims.

"Yah." Dean smiles.

"He shouldn't have to do that." I say.

"Well he has to."

"This is stupid I'm not doing it." Josh says shaking his head.

"Too chicken." Dean says teasingly.

"I'm not chicken, just smarter than you." he defends

"Yup definitely chicken." Dean says again making Josh's fist clench.