Chapter 32

3 stores. 29 dresses. And I still didn't have my prom dress. To say I was exhausted was an under statement.

"Leanna you can't give up yet!" Maggie says. They already had their dresses. And then there was me.

"Fine one more freaking store, and then I'm done." I said groaning.

"Come on I know the perfect store." Emily says pulling my arm to another prom dress store. It looked just like the other ones.

"Ok everybody spread out and look for dresses for Leanna and then she can try them all on." Maggie says clapping her hands together. I sighed not really wanting to try on anymore dresses that wouldn't look right. We all scattered around the store grabbing whatever looked Leanna-ish (if that's a word). In the end I grabbed 3 dresses. I go into the dressing room full of dresses that the girls picked out. I tried on each one and showed them. None looked right. I was down to 4 dresses left. There was one at the bottom of the pile that caught my eye. I pulled it out and put it on. I gasped. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was a white strapless floor length dress with gold and silver sequence at the top. There was a slit that ran down my left leg showing it a little. I opened the door showing the girls.

"Oh. My. God." Maggie says covering her mouth.

"Leanna..." Emily says staring in awe.

"You have to buy it!"  they yell together. I smile looking down at the gorgeous dress. It was perfect. It brought out all my curves in all the right places. I went back into the changing room and carefully shimmied out of the dress hanging it back on the hanger. Then I went to the front desk to pay for it. The lady smiled as I handed her my moms credit card that she let me use. My smile was so wide that my cheeks were starting to hurt. I finally found it. Moments later my smile grew as I saw who had texted me.

Josh- Tomorrow night I'm taking you on a date to a restaurant.

Me- Ok? Any reason?

Josh- Do I have to have a reason to take my girl out on a date?

I bit my lip and smiled when I read it.

Me- Okay. Fancy or casual?

Josh- Fancy ;)

Me- Okay. Text you later, love you.

Josh- Love you to.
The conversation ended and I felt myself wondering what he was up to.

"How was dress shopping yesterday?" He says while we walk down the hall to our next class.

"Very good actually." I say smiling at Josh.

"Good. Are you excited for later?" he says.

"Only if you tell me where we are going tonight." Josh shakes his head no with a smile.

"Josh!" I whined loudly.

"What?" He whined back mocking my tone.

"You're mean." I poured jutting out my bottom lip.

"Leanna I'm not telling you where we are going to tonight. All you need to know is you have to wear a dress or something fancy." he repeated to me. I I groaned realizing he wasn't going to tell me.

"But Jo-"

"No buts." he interrupted calmly.

"I hate you." I say playfully pretending to be mad.

"You love me." he says with a smile. Oh how love that smile. When Josh smiled, I wanted to smile with him.

"I do love you." I say with a wink. He laughs and I quickly kiss his cheek before running down the hall. He hated when I kissed his cheek.