Chapter 17

Edited

All day we pretty much just relaxed and watched movies before our first game. At about 5:30PM we all had to go to the lobby so we could get on the bus all together. I decided to sit next to Josh on the bus this time. When we load the bus, Josh and I sit at the second seat to last seat in front of Emily and Adam. The field isn't to far away and we get there in what feels like seconds. We pile out of the bus and onto the field. There wasn't a lot of people considering we came here for the tournament.

"Ok guys so every game you are going to play, there isn't going to be that much people here." coach says stating the obvious. "But the people that ARE here watching, they will be scouts from different colleges." That I didn't know. Suddenly I just got really nervous. The team we were facing today had pretty large guys on their team. Lets just hope I don't get squashed by anyone. After we did our cheer we all got into our positions. Right now Blake and Maggie both have goals the game being 2-2. Finally with about 9 minutes left in the game I got the ball. I dribbled up to a little bit pass the half mark and saw one of the guys open near the box. I passed it to him and he took a shot. The ball went into the lower right hand corner. After we celebrated we all got back into our positions ready to finish the game. Finally we finished, winning 2-3. We all decided to celebrate our first win with a dinner. When we got to the hotel we all went up to our rooms changing into nice clothes.

Zachs POV

Josh and I leave our room and the girls wait for us in front of their door. Maggie looks so beautiful. She curled her hair and was wearing a blue dress that stopped mid-thigh. Josh was staring at Leanna to. She was wearing a black strapless dress that stopped at her mid-thigh to.

"Come on guys we're going to be late." Maggie says blushing when she realizes I was staring at her.

"Yah you guys take longer than a girl to get ready." Leanna says. Leading the way to the elevator. Josh and I exchange looks when we see the stairs.

"Wana race?" He asks smirking like a little kid.

"Guys no someone's gonna get hurt." Maggie says with an unapproving look.

"Come on Maggie please!" I beg.

"Fine! But you better win." she says with a laugh. Leanna goes all the way to the bottom so she could see who wins.

"One. Two. Three. Go!" Maggie says. Josh and I both sprint down the first set of stairs. We were on different stairways but they were next to each other. I was on my last set and I could see the ground. All of a sudden my foot slipped backwards and I fell down the stairs slamming my wrist into the stairs. I scream in pain as I fall the rest of the way down head first. I could hear someone running down the stairs after me and I know it's Maggie. Leanna is the first to my side and she had a worried look. Tears fall from my cheeks even though I try to stop them but my wrist hurts so bad. Maggie comes beside me right after Josh. Maggie has never seen me cry and I really hate that she is seeing me now. Josh is on the phone now with a hospital in guessing. Maggie looks at me worried

"Zach I told you not to." She says to me. "I didn't want you to get hurt and here we are." she finishes. She's pissed and worried and I feel bad because it's my fault. The door flys open and a couple paramedics rush in with a stretcher. I've been worrying about my wrist so much that I forgot about the pain in my ankle. All the pain is coming all at once and I cry even harder. The people lift me up into the stretcher and take me out into the ambulance. Maggie, Josh, and Leanna come into the ambulance with me. In seconds we get to the hospital. The people rush me into the emergency room while Maggie holds my hand. Well my good one. After a little while in the waiting room a doctor finally takes me in to see him. The doctor rolls my wheel chair into the X-Ray room. The doctor scans my wrist and my ankle. When he comes back he begins to tell me what's wrong.

"Ok so you rolled your ankle it should definitely be fine. But you broke you wrist." I stare at my hand that I couldn't move.

"Will I still be able to play in my tournament?" I ask quickly.

"Yes you will but I do ask that you don't play any soccer for the next 4 days. And you also have to stay in the hospital for those 4 days." he explains. I sigh in relief. Even though I'm going to be missing one game.

"Until we can get you settled in a room we are going to wrap your ankle and put a soft cast on your wrist." he says. I nod and he wheels me into a different room. A nurse comes up to me kneeling next to my ankle with a wrap in her hand.

"Ok hold still while I wrap your ankle." I nod and she goes to work. I grit my teeth in pain. After she does that a different nurse comes in and starts on my wrist. This nurse is a lot more gentle than the last one.

"Ok sweetie your all set!" She says clapping her hands. She then wheels me into what looks like my new hospital room.

"Will my friends be able to see me?" I ask.

"Sure thing!" She smiles. She leaves the room only to come back with Maggie, Josh, and Leanna. Maggie runs to my bedside, hugging me when I sit up. When she sits up she punches me in the chest.

"Owwww! What was that for?" I ask.

"You didn't listen to me." She says in a plain tone. "And you scared me!" She says hitting my chest again.

"Maggie!" I screech.

"Sorry." she says and Leanna burst into laughter. I look at the clock and it's already 9:45.

"You guys can go back to the hotel I'm stuck here for 4 days." I yawn.

"You think I'm gona leave you here?" Maggie says with a surprised tone.

"Yah no, Zach we are all staying right here." Leanna says taking a seat across the room.

"Alright suit yourself." I say laying down in the uncomfortable hospital bed.

"I'm going to get some food. Want anything?" Josh says looking at Maggie and I.

"Sure but get me something that I won't want to throw up." I say and Maggie nods in agreement.

"Alright we'll be right back." Josh says leaving with Leanna. I yawn. I didn't realize how tired I was until I lied down.

"Didn't they give you some pills to help with the pain?" Maggie asks.

"Yah." I reply.

"Zach that's probably why your tired. Go to sleep." she says. I nod and I fall asleep as soon as I close my eyes.

I wake up to a nurse tapping my shoulder.

"Hi! I'm here to give you some ice for your ankle." She says placing some ice on my ankle.

"Thanks." I say looking down at Maggie who's head is in my lap. She must have fallen asleep to.

"Your girlfriend is very sweet. She didn't want to leave your side." the nurse says.

"Yah she's a keeper." I smile. The nurse smiles back and then leaves the room. I look over and see Leanna sleeping on Josh. It's only 7:00AM but then I realize that they have conditioning today.

"YOOOHOOO!!!! Guys get up!!!" I yell making Maggie jump up.

"What?" She snaps.

"You guys have conditioning at 9:15." I inform her.

"All of you shut up and go back to sleep I already talked to coach." Leanna snaps. I scooch over patting the spot next to me for Maggie. She lays down next to me putting her head on my shoulder. I interwine our hands and kiss the top of her head.