Chapter 14

Edited

On Friday night only 1 day away we leave for Florida. I am so excited I can barely sleep at night. Since Josh and I are the Captains we get to sit on the plain together. My bags are almost packed but I need to finish my soccer bag. We get to stay in Florida for 10 days. Not only is our hotel free but we also get free access to all the theme parks including Disney!!!!! My roommate is Maggie. Josh and Zach got paired together and I thought it was so funny considering Zach is dating Maggie and Josh is dating me. When I go to school this morning, the whole soccer team is going around to all their teachers collecting work they'll need for the next 10 days. My 5 teachers don't really give the crew and I much work since we are all in honors classes. We have to get up at like 5:00AM tomorrow because our flight leaves at 8:00 and we have to get tickets and everything. When I get home I finish packing my soccer bag then hang out with my family before I leave the next day for Florida. We watch the movie Finding Nemo one of my favorites. I sit in between my mom and Aaron, with Sophie on my lap. The movie goes on and on and Sophie tells me over and over that she doesn't want me to go. When the movie ends I put Sophie in her bed and we all go to sleep knowing that we all have to get up early if we wana say good bye. When my head hits the pillow I fall asleep.

----------next morning
My alarm goes off at 5:00AM exactly and I jump out of bed excited for the trip. I through on my baggy sweatpants and my Spain Messi jersey with my black Uggs. I through my hair up in a ponytail ready to go. My mom, Aaron, and Sophie wake up after me. Mom gives me 200$ to spend on the trip. I eat my eggs and bacon that my mom made when Josh texts me.
Josh: be there in 5 mins
Me: k
I say goodbye to my family and Josh's moms car beeps. Aaron helps bring my bags out and puts them in the truck I hop into the back seat and Josh is there waiting.
"What are you not aloud to sit in the front?" I laugh.
"No!" He says defensively " I wanted to sit in the back with my girlfriend." Josh smiles. I smile back and his mom starts to speak.
"Are you guys excited?" Josh and I both nod with smiles on our face.
"That's great! Then we better get to the airport so you can get on the plane!" The half an hour plane ride took so long since we were so anxious to get there.

 When we did get there Josh and I met up with the team and coach told us what to do to get ready. We had to get our bags checked, buy food and drinks and other things to keep us busy on the plane. I only get a couple of snacks and a drink. When we get back to the siting area the clock say 7:45 which means we have to board soon. The flight attendant lady announces our plane and we all get in line behind coach. Josh is in front of me. Josh hands the lady his ticket and when it's my turn I do the same. After we put our bags in the compartment above our seats I jump into the window seat. Josh sighs and sits in the outer seat next to me.

"Thanks for the window seat." I say  with a grin.

"Your lucky I love you." He says with a frown

The lady tells us to buckle up and checks all the peoples buckles too. Finally after they tell us all the emergency stuff we are ready to go. Josh squeezes my hand and my ears start to pop. When I feel the plane go into a steady drive I take off my seatbelt. A yawn escapes my mouth before a could close it. Josh looks at me and pats his shoulder. I lay on his shoulder, my eyes fluttering shut. A little while later it seems I only took a nap because we aren't even half way there yet. I see Josh watching the movie Oz the Great and Powerful on one of the channels and decide to plug in my headphones and watch it with him. The movie gets boring after awhile so I end up falling asleep again. When I wake up everyone is standing and grabbing their bags. Josh gives me a goofy smile.

"We're here!" He says. I smile standing up and taking my suitcase from Josh's hand. When we enter the airport from the plane it's really crowded with people. Josh holds my hand like he thinks I'm a child going to run off.

"Okay so I arranged taxis for each of you, you just need to find your names on the board the taxi man holds up. And your bags will be in your hotel room." Josh and I find a man with a card that has our names on it along with Maggie and Zachs. The other two come behind us. We all pile into the back seat ready to get to our hotel. When we finally get there, the four of us pile in an elevator. Coach gave us room keys on the way up. Thankfully Zach and Josh's room is right next door to Maggie's and mine. When we open our door we don't even think about exploring the new room but just collapse on the bed. Only one word can describe us, jet lagged. And when your jet lagged you fall right to sleep. Goodnight Florida!!