Chapter 2

Edited

I look around the parking lot and find Josh and one of our friends, Blake, leaning on my car talking

"Josh!!!" I yell. He turns and looks around confused. Then he finally sees me. I run and jump into his arms.

"Please tell me they said yes." He says raising an eyebrow. I nod my head happily. He grins and gives me another hug.

"Helloooo. I'm here to." Blake says. I laugh and give him a hug too.

"Hey, let's go get ice cream." Josh says. I nod. "But I'm driving." He says winking and getting into the drivers seat of MY car. Blake laughs behind me.

"Shut up Jacobs." I say before getting in the car. I glare at Josh and he gives me an innocent smile. Then he drives. I plug my phone into the aux cord and Josh groans.

"No one direction. Please." He begs. Payback for driving MY car. Steal My Girl blares through the speakers and Josh smiles.

"Your my girl and I'm going to make sure no one steals you from me." I laugh at his cheesiness. We finally get to the ice cream place 5 1D songs later.

"I'm proud of you Leanna." Josh says, once we've got our ice creams. I smile at him.

"I'm proud of you too." I say back. He looks at me curiously.

"For what?" He says laughing.

"When we first started dating you sure did suck at kissing. But you pretty okay now."

Once I made it home I parked my car then went inside. As soon as I opened the door I heard little feet pattering on the floor coming to me. I then was greeted by my 3 year old sister Sophie

"Leanna!!!" she cried, "I missed you soooo much!!"

"I missed you too!" I gave her a little hug then put her down. When I walked into the kitchen, my 21 year old brother Aaron was getting up and leaving.

"Leaving so soon? I just got here." I told him.

"Yup I'm going to work sorry." he gave me an apologetic smile. Before he left he gave Sophia, my mom, and I a kiss on the cheek. I sighed not wanting him to go.

"So Leanna?" my mom started.

"Yah?"

"Did the school say yes?" I smiled at the thought of possibly being on Josh's team. I nodded my head and my mom ean over to me giving me a hug.

"I knew they would!!! Want some dinner?"

"Ummmm let me shower first kay?" she nodded and I ran upstairs. I smiled happily when I realized I had no homework and decided to text Josh about earlier.

"Hey Josh, sorry bout today:(   -L" I threw my phone on my bed and decided to lay down. Waiting for Josh to text me back I realized I was slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Dad can I pleaaaaaase take one more shot?!?!" I asked my dad. We were at the fields just practicing.

"Fine but just one more." I smiled knowing this was going to be the best shot yet. I ran to my ball and kicked it perfectly. It went right into the top right corner.

"Great shot!! Now lets go or else mom is going to be mad." I nodded knowing how mom gets. My dad and I walk to the car. We both notice the older men who are walking in a way that makes me think they are drunk. I see two of them start to shove each other and eventually it escalates. I pull on my dads arm and he gives me a small smile and pushes me to the other side of him making him stand in-between me and the drunk fighting men. I look past my dad and my eyes go wide to see a a gun pointed at one of the guys. A shot is fired and I duck. My dad falls to the ground moments later and I see blood coming from his shirt. I didn't know that that day would be the last day I would ever talk to my dad again.

I wake up and realize it was a dream. Only the dream did happen in real life. The tears were streaming down my face and they wouldn't stop. I let out a shakey breath remembering the memory.

I woke up this morning feeling gross. Probably since I didn't shower last night, cried myself to sleep, and didn't eat dinner. Boy I have some problems. If Josh sees me he's gona know that I'm not feeling myself then that will cause me to have to tell him about my night- mares and all the crying. I really don't want him to worry. My mom doesn't even know about them. Only Aaron does really. After 17 minutes of being lost in my thoughts, I decided to take a shower. After washing myself and my hair I get out and quickly wrap the towel around me enjoying the warmth. While I'm still in my towel, I pick out my outfit for today. My outfit consisted of a white tank top that stopped right below my belly button. Also I wore black legging, red white and blue boat shoes that looked like the USA flag, and too top off my outfit I wore my red life guard sweatshirt that was a little big but, I liked it that way. Since I had tryouts today I only put mascara on and braided my hair into a fishtail. Once I was done, I grabbed my soccer bag and school bag and left my room. When I got to the kitchen there was a note on the table, it read:

Dear Leanna,

I just went out to drop off Sophia at daycare. I left a yellow gatorade on the table along with an apple for breakfast. Also, goodluck at tryouts!!!

Love Mom

After I read the note, I grabbed the stuff in the fridge that my mom packed and left for school. Once I got there, I parked in my usual spot next to Josh's car only to see Josh waiting for me.

"Hey." I mumbled.

"Ready for- Wait what's wrong?" oh he knows me too well.

"Bad night." I replied giving him a small smile.

"You always say that and I never know what happens during your "bad nights". Leanna you can tell me what's wrong." I sigh knowing he won't stop untill he knows.

"Fine but after soccer tryouts."

"Okay, Lets get this day over with." he says with a smile. I nod while Josh whispers into my ear,

"By the way you look absoulutly gorgeous today, don't even think otherwise." I smile at what he just said.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I smirk. That causes him to chuckle.

"Alright then. We should probably go to our spot the everyone's probably waiting."

I nod in agreement. "Everyone" consisted of Josh and I's closest friends. Only the ones that weren't jerky and that we all are friends with. Our closest friends consisted of Emily, Maggie, and I for the girls. And Josh, Zach, Adam, and Blake for the boys. Emmet is also a close friend of ours, but he doesn't play the same sport as us so it's hard to hang out sometimes.

"Who's ready for tryouts?!?" Maggie shouts. We all laugh at her and she laughs too.Before Josh and I go to math together, we both stop by our lockers, which conveniently were right beside each other, and put our soccer stuff in them. After we are done, we begin our day.