Friendventure

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Tara

We were on a yacht in the middle of gorgeous aqua waters.

I stood watching the horizon, wearing a long floral maxi dress and a light red shrug to cover my arms. My hair was flying in the breeze under the straw hat, and my eyes were covered by sunglasses. 

We were on our own in the yacht, apart from the staff, and I really appreciated the privacy.

"Enjoying yourself?" 

I turned and my breath caught in my throat as I saw Zain walk up the stairs wearing just a pair of long navy blue shorts. I quickly turned back around, leaning my hands on the railing. "I feel like we're on a different planet, away from all the usual day-to-day problems, away from the annoying routine." 

"See? Told you that you were freaking out for no reason." He lightly nudged his shoulder against mine, leaning down against the railing in order to do so.

"I mean, it would have been a frickin' awesome honeymoon, to be honest." I admitted. "But friendaventure is cool enough." 

We stood in silence for a while, watching the clash of the aqua water against the blue sky at the horizon. It was stunning. Nature was beautiful. Allah has created a perfect world, and sometimes we just needed to take a step back from our normal life to see that. It doesn't mean that we have to go on a holiday in an exotic location. Not at all. Natural beauty is everywhere around us. Like the work of art on the wings of a butterfly, or the variety of flowers, or a rainbow. Subhan Allah.

"So tell me, Tara. If we weren't married, what would you have been doing right now?" He looked at me with genuine interest. You know how some people just make small talk to extinguish the awkwardness? Well, I didn't get those vibes from him. I always felt like he genuinely cared about hearing the answer.

"Well, uni is over..." I began. "So, I'd probably be sleeping at like three, and waking up at twelve, and getting yelled at by Mama. I'd get up, have something to eat, and sit my lazy backside down in front of the sofa to watch TV until Mama's next rounding of telling me off began. I'd then be forced to help her out for a bit, or if she's at the bakery, she'd make me go in to help her, and the day would finish off like that." 

"What do you do when you stay up late?" 

"I watch Netflix, read books, and somewhere in between I order new books from Amazon, half of which end up remaining unread for months or even years." 

"That sounds like the dream life." He smiled, his own eyes hidden behind his sunglasses. But those dimples, Allah! Didn't I mention natural beauty just now? Here's a perfect example of that.

"It's a life." I shrugged. "Every parent's nightmare." 

"So, what would you like to do in your life? Writing?" 

"I would like that as a side thing, but no. I want to do something that I like doing, but that makes me financially independent as well." 

"How are you with social media?" 

"I'm a twenty-two-year-old in today's times. How do you think I am with social media?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We need someone for our social media promotion." He said. "Do you want to try and give it a go?" 

"You're offering me a job on our ho...friendventure?" 

"I'm offering you an internship as a trial." He said. "Bhai would give you a full, paid job, but I have a feeling that you won't accept that."