Beloved

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Zoha

When I first held Zara in my arms, I couldn't even see her clearly through the tears in my eyes. I was so overwhelmed by emotions and, most importantly, love for this precious little angel.

People were not wrong about the bond between a Khalla and her nephew/niece. 

And you know what I loved a lot about this situation? Talha and I loved her on an equal level, because she was also his brother's daughter. He understood my adoration for this gorgeous blessing of Allah very well.

"Assalam Alaikum." I softly spoke to Zara. "I'm your Khalla, sweetheart. Also your Tayi." I looked up at my husband as I said that, as he stood right by my side, smiling down at our niece.

"Ma Sha Allah." He blew a protection supplication over Zara. "She looks like Zain for now. Bechari."

We all laughed, with Tara laughing the hardest. 

"You are hilarious."  Zain Bhai said from where he sat beside my sister. 

"Aap in sab ko ignore karo, Zara. Aap to hum sab ki ladli ho, chahe aap jis ki tarhan dikhti ho." I began to quietly speak to my niece. 

*"Ignore them all, Zara. You are everyone's beloved, no matter who you resemble."

"Of course she is." Mama walked over and held out her arms. I carefully handed little Zara over to her. "Aap bohat pyari ho, Ma Sha Allah. Nano ke dil ka tukra, Nano ki jaan.

*"You're very lovely, Ma Sha Allah. A piece of Nano's heart, Nano's life."

I was so thankful to Allah that I was already pregnant, because I was getting a serious baby fever just by looking at my little niece. Now I just wanted to fast forward time and give birth to my own little one, In Sha Allah.

A nurse entered the room. "Guys, the doctors need to come and check up on the new mother and the baby, so if you can please return when the visitor hours officially start at nine? The baby's father can stay." 

"Of course." 

We all said goodbye to Zara, Tara and Zain Bhai, and made our way out.

"It's almost seven in the morning." Talha said. "Let's get you home, Zoha, you must be feeling tired." 

"Right now, I'm feeling nothing but excitement at Zara's arrival." I said, as he took my hand. "She's so beautiful, Ma Sha Allah. I just want to cuddle with her all day."

"I know!" Misha had overheard me. "I can't even believe I'm a Khalla now, Ma Sha Allah! And in a few months, I'll be a double-Khalla, In Sha Allah!" 

"A double Khalla?" I asked as everyone else laughed.

"A two-time Khalla." She shrugged, as if what she said was perfectly normal.

"I can't wait." I looked up at Talha. "Zara's little cousin."

"May Allah give you a safe delivery as well, Zoha. Ameen." Mama told me.

"Ameen." Mum added. "I feel so content, Alhumdulillah. Our kids are married off, and we have grandkids now."

"I still have one left to marry off." Mama nudged Misha, and we all laughed as my youngest sister blushed.

 "Don't worry, Aunty. You'll have all our help in finding your third Damad, In Sha Allah." Talha smiled in amusement. "Aur ghar ka sab se bada Damad hone ke natay, main taang bhi khoob khainchoon ga chote behnoyi sahab ki. Aur Zain ka to aap sab ko pata hai, use to kisi ko tang karne ka mouka hi chahiye."