Moving On

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

FLASHBACK

Zain

"Zain?"

I was at the gym when Sana turned up.

I looked up and my jaw clenched. 

Sana was walking towards me, wearing a sports bra and shorts. "I thought you might be here."

"Where you looking for me?"

She nodded and walked right up to me. I stood up from the bench, unable to look anywhere at her.

"You love her." She whispered.

I turned to look at her, surprised. She had tears in her eyes.

She smiled weakly. "I saw the way you were looking at her. You are in love with her."

I took a deep breath. "Sana..."

"If I won't be familiar with that look, who would be?" She shrugged, a tear running down her cheek. "For the sake of our past, answer me this honestly, Zain. Are you in love with Tara?"

"Yes, I am." I answered, mostly to myself. "I'm in love with Tara."

My answer made her wince. She had known this, but it still seemed to hurt her. 

At that point, I didn't even focus on Sana's pain. In the past, I would have dropped everything and comforted her, made her stop crying, brushed her tears away. But right now, I was focused on my own confession.

I loved Tara. I was in love with my Trouble. The thought made me feel awestruck and unbelievably happy.

"I was so convinced." She shook her head. "I was so convinced that you would leave her for me, t hat I tried to set her up with Tahir." 

I looked up sharply at those words.

"He clearly has a crush on her, and I thought that since you cared about her so much, I would make things easy for her so that she's okay when you leave her." She explained.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I had no idea what. I had no idea whether I should be furious at her, or surprised at her consideration. 

"I'm sorry, Zain. Now that you're in love with her, there is no room or scope for argument." She shrugged. "I wish you all the best. I am leaving London, because it's too hard for me to be here without thinking of you." 

"Look, Sana, I really didn't want to hurt you." 

"I know." She nodded, fresh tears slipping out of her eyes as she smiled. "That's why I love you, Zain. If you're strongly against something, you'll never support it, no matter how much the pressure. And I have a great deal of respect for you and your beliefs."

"I hope you find your true happiness in life, Sana." I whispered.

"Thanks, Zain. And I hope that you and Tara have a long and happy married life." She replied.

"Ameen. In Sha Allah." I said.

I'd spent hours kissing this girl, and now she walked off without us even hugging. How things change. I'm not complaining because this was how it should be.

And after a long, long time, watching Sana leave didn't hurt so much.

****