Stars

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

ZAIN

FLASHBACK

"I admit it, Bhai." I'd told my brother after we'd greeted each other. "I love Tara."

"That's brilliant!" He sounded genuinely happy for me. "Now go and tell her, bro! Tell me, what are you going to say to her?"

"She's the love of my life. She means everything to me. What else can I say?" I sighed.

"This is amazing. Alhumdulillah." He said. "You feel in love with her despite the unusual circumstances of your marriage. Subhan Allah! This is the power of Nikah."

"I know, Bhai, but after everything we've been through, I can't help but love her even more." He paused. "After the sacrifices she made... You know that Sana said that..." I was about to tell him that Sana had said that she had tried to set Tara up with a guy from work, but my wife had remained loyal. Tara had been nothing but a good wife to me.

That's when I'd heard her footsteps, and I had chased after her.

Tara hadn't heard the entire conversation, and she basically left me.

****

PRESENT

It was two in the morning, and I was still up, unable to sleep. I'd messaged her a while ago, but she still hadn't replied. I wasn't born yesterday; just because the message wasn't showing as read, didn't mean that she didn't read it. Messages can be easily read from the lock screen in the notification pop-up.

I should have told her when I had the chance, but then again, she should have stayed behind to listen to me. But she wasn't wrong either, considering my history with Sana.

Frustrated, I grabbed a pillow and punched it. Why was I turning my life into a bloody rom-com?!

"You know what?" I had no idea who I was talking to. "I'm going to make this a bloody rom-com!" I got up from my bed, tossing my duvet aside. Tara was too important to me. 

I put a shirt on, grabbed my car keys and wallet and headed out. 

We're going to fix this problem, Trouble. I'll make sure of that.

****

Tara

I couldn't sleep. I was repeatedly tossing and turning, and when Zain messaged me, my heart almost burst with happiness. I read the message from the lock-screen. He would think I'm asleep when he sees that the message wasn't read.

<Zain: Yaar, Trouble, talk to me. Please. I need to tell you something, but it can only be done in person. Just hear me out once, please.>

I had been petty and immature enough to change his name from 'Shohar Ji (Hubby)', back to 'Zain'. But the way he was messaging me, almost melted me.

Almost.

My parents were convinced that it was Zain's fault- well Papa was. Mama wasn't sure. But the fact is that his history had made him immediately seem guilty to them, which made me feel guilty. Especially when Misha pointed out to me that I should have heard him out before running away. 

I hadn't told anyone that I was here because of Zain's admittance of his love for Sana, I'd just said that we'd had a bit of an argument. Even though I was mad at him, I didn't want him to look bad in front of my family- well, worse than he already did.