Realisation

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Tara

"Sana."

She turned, smiling, but as soon as she saw me, her smile disappeared. Ugh, why are the exes always so pretty?! She wearing a knee-length floral dress and high heels that would have killed me if I'd even attempted to wear them. Her hair was in a high ponytail, and with a fringe she had the girl-next-door appearance. "Oh! Tara, is it?"

"Yep. Tara Zain." Ouch, even I felt the burn from that pettiness.

She rolled her eyes, but then forced a smile onto her face. "May I help you?"

"Why are you setting me up with a rando?" I nodded towards Tahir Khan, who was now talking to a cameraman.

"Because I'm not a cliché b***h, no matter how it comes off as." She shrugged. "Look, if Zain cares about you, I'm sure you're a great person. But he doesn't love you, he loves me. And I love him. And you don't love him, so isn't it better if you move on with your life?"

"Are you asking me to commit adultery?"

"I'm asking you to think about things, Tara." Her voice was surprisingly kind now. "Look, I'm sorry that you got caught in the middle of this, but Zain and I are soulmates, okay? We belong together, and I know that I should have fought harder for our love, but I've realised it now."*

*I apologise for the bottom of my heart for this lame joke. I couldn't resist it. Those of you who don't understand, check out the names of the books that I have written, and you'll understand. I was tempted to add 'We're written in the stars' as well, but I have my limits. Now you see why my characters are often so cheesy.

I was starting to feel bad again, but then I thought about how much Zain had convinced me that I was the one who he wanted to spend his life with, even if it was just out of respect for Nikah. I wasn't going to act like a martyr when I knew his wishes clearly. "Sana, I feel bad, okay? I don't like how this all worked out either. I never wanted you to get hurt in this. I'm just respecting Zain's wishes, okay? He wants this, and I want this because Nikah means a lot in Islam. He's my husband now, and I'm sorry that you're in pain, but that's a fact."

She looked almost taken aback by my words, and tears filled her eyes.

"Zain loved you...he loves you, so I'm sure you must be a good person." I said. "So, I'm sure you'll find someone else. Someone who you'll eventually learn to love. But Zain's my husband now, and frankly, I don't want to let him go."

"It's not easy to move on from someone we completely loved." A tear ran down her cheek. "You'll not end up happy with him, Tara. And no, I'm not cursing you. I'm just stating a fact."

"I'm going to leave that to Allah. He is the one who united us and He will place love in our hearts for each other." I pursed my lips briefly before continuing. "You're hurting him even more, Sana, by repeatedly coming back into his life. Let him move on, please. He's going through the same heartbreak as you are, so please don't make it worse for him."

She looked away, biting her lip to control her sobs.

"I have no resentment against you." I said. "You're his love, but he wants to move on. He wants to commit to our marriage. If you genuinely love him, let him respect his religion and now go down a sinful path. Don't tempt him."

"I've never loved anyone as much as I love him." She admitted.

"Until now." I shrugged. "One day, In Sha Allah, you'll meet someone who you love more, and then you're going to heal from this pain." My belief was to not be mean to someone until they really ask for it. This poor girl had been through heartbreak, so I was going to cut her some slack. "But Zain deserves to be happy as well. And it you really love him, you will let him live according to the way he wants to live."