look, little bird

pairing: stozier

a/n: tattoo soulmate au 

"richie, wake up!" beverly pushed richie, who grunted softly and reached his hands out. waving his hands at beverly's face, she shrieked, which made him drop them back onto his chest.

"why? shut up, it's my birthday," richie mumbled in response, rolling onto his stomach. mike, who richie wasn't aware was even in the room, kicked at him lightly with his foot.

"that's the whole point, rich! it's tattoo time!" beverly shouted, grabbing him by the shoulders and pulling him up off of his bed. 

it was at this point that richie was finally awake, and he was wondering if he had dreamed about how he had fallen asleep last night or if it had really happened. that went to number two in his brain though, with beverly shaking his shoulders. 

"bevvie, i really don't care about the tattoo. fuck soulmates, bitch." richie groaned, reaching out and taking mike's hand. he wondered where stanley was. no matter what, it didn't really matter, because it probably wasn't going to match with the person he really wanted it to.

"c'mon, please, i'll even beg stanley so you two can tell us what your guys' tattoos are, i'm begging you!" beverly watched as richie got up, pulling himself up on mike's hand. 

"yeah, rich, it'll be fun," mike mumbled, richie smacking his head into mike's chest with an, "oof!"

"yeah, force stan to do it, that'll work," richie said sarcastically. he got up, assuming the rest of them were in the kitchen eating breakfast. he let go of mike's hand and left the room, beverly taking it as a positive and cheering. 

it was richie's sixteenth birthday, and that was the fated year. all the losers had slept over for that very reason. the fated year was when people got their soulmate tattoos. soulmate tattoos connect soulmates because, well, they're identical tattoos. and richie? he wanted a certain tattoo, the only problem was that he didn't know what that tattoo was.

stanley had turned sixteen two months ago, and refused to show anyone his tattoo. why, no one really knew. his reasoning was that he "didn't really think it mattered." it frustrated almost everyone, but they knew that it wasn't really their business. 

richie stumbled into the kitchen and found the rest of the losers, them all celebrating and shouting cries of happy birthday. richie cheered sloppily with them, stretching and then sitting down. as he sat down, he caught stanley's eyes on him, scanning as if looking for a tattoo. richie wiggled his eyebrows at stanley, who rolled his eyes and looked back at his cereal.

"so? tattoo? are you anyone's you know?" eddie inquired, taking a bite into his toast. richie shook his head, pouring cereal into his bowl as he looked up to them all looking at him.

"nah, i haven't checked. i'm not sharing," richie paused, milk pouring into the bowl, "not unless stan shows me his." the rest of them sighed, knowing stanley most likely wouldn't show him it.

"alright," stanley took down a spoonful of cereal, "but only you, richie. nobody else."

richie's heart may have done a few backflips. it was fine. it was whatever! everything is fine.

stanley's face may have reddened a little.

"holy fuck! hell yeah!" beverly exclaimed, high-fiving mike. 

around 30 minutes later, when richie finished breakfast, he grabbed stan by the back of the shirt and pulled him up.

"hey-fuck!" stanley shouted in surprise, richie picking him up by his waist and carrying him off.