you were a child

pairing: kaspbrough

eddie's pov except its much more ooc bc ... prose!

i love you like it's forever. richie thinks i'm lying but he must not know what it feels like to love, because i think that it doesn't matter if richie thinks i'm lying. i love you like it's all i'll ever do.

i'm so sorry i was so little when we were young. i don't mean short, though, i guess that applies, right? but i mean i let beverly hold you. and i let richie hug you. and i did nothing. i'm sorry i wasn't there when we were little. i wish you would have let me ice your bruises and hold your bleeding nose. 

you were so quiet after that summer. like it silenced you. i thought we killed him and we'd showed him, but it felt like you knew better. you would just stay quiet. you were so brave, and you were so quiet, sometimes i forgot you were hurting. you just wanted it to pass. i'm so sorry.

i wish i had been tall enough to hold you in my arms like you deserved. you were a child, but you were too tall for your age, and everyone treated you like you knew everything. but you didn't know a thing, did you? you were guessing like we all were, we just trusted you. i'll always love you like this. 

say anything to me, bill. i promise i won't move a muscle. i'll keep you in my arms. undress your heart in front of me, and i swear i won't tell a soul.

if you'll let me, i promise i'll keep any devastation that you still carry in the palm of my hand like it's a salamander taking shelter in a log. please stay with me tonight. i love you now and i'll keep on doing it if you stay another night. 

my throat is closing up. i think you light me on fire. 

i think you can't help it, though, you've been on fire since you were little. i wish i could've iced your burns. i love you, now, today, tomorrow, and probably the day after that. please don't leave.