the fuzzy warmth of alcohol

pairing: stenbrough

tw: emetophobia

"no way, you're telling me, stanley uris wants to go to a party?" richie chuckled, poking stan right in the chest. bill smirked a little, too.

"yeah, is that so weird? i want one party experience in my high school diploma." stanley scoffed, rolling his eyes at all of his surprised friends. 

"yeah, that's weird. you've never touched an illegal substance of any kind and you're 17, and now you want to go to a party?" beverly nudged stan, who nodded. 

"hey, let him go if he wants to go! eddie is going too, and that's also pretty weird." ben chimed in, looking to the shorter boy. eddie's brows furrowed.

"i'm only going because you guys are." eddie huffed, stan glad to have the attention off of him. 

"baby, you're only going because i'm going," richie added, swinging an arm around eddie.

"call me baby again and i kill you, bitchard." eddie replied, taking richie's arm and shoving it back at richie. richie grinned nonetheless, and beverly made a face to richie.

"you love it eddie." richie simply responded, shoving his hands in his pockets. eddie sighed loudly and sat down on the floor of bill's basement.

"how many times d-duh-duh-how many times do i have-times do i have to say it? basically dating." bill said, looking to mike and pointing to richie and eddie. mike nodded, eddie groaning.

"absolutely not. and you know why not? because i do not like boys! how many times do i have to say this, god! i don't like boys, and especially not richie. if i was to be gay for anybody here, it would be mike. that's all i'm saying. it would not be richie. like for instance right now, richie reeks! he stinks! why would i date somebody who stinks? i wouldn't." eddie rambled, flustered and red. richie simply lifted his arm, sniffed his armpit, and shrugged.

"it's really not that bad, eds. maybe you're just smelling your own attitude, because wow is it shitty." richie leaned against the wall behind him as he spoke. "and anyway, that's not the point. the point here is we have to get stan as drunk as humanly possible tomorrow." richie finished, stan sighing as the attention was turned back towards him.

"i think d-duh-i think drunk st-tuh-tuh-drunk stan would be funny" bill said, watching stanley with intrigue. stan had been about to say 'absolutely not' to richie, but after hearing bill speak, turned to the group,

"i'll get a little drunk. but i'm not getting shitfaced at a trevor stevens party." stanley gave in, richie whooping and cheering. 

"is this a form of peer pressure?" mike asked, beverly shaking her head immediately. the rest of the group uttered little "no/not really/ask stan?/probably"'s and mike turned to stan.

"it's okay, i was planning on drinking a little anyway." stanley pursed his lips and shrugged, mike deciding that answer was fine. 

"who's going to be our sober sallie? little boy eddie doesn't count because he can't drive. so we need somebody who a) has a vehicle, b) has a license, c) is fine with overloading because it's really not that bad of a crime, and d) isn't stanley." richie asked, looking around the group and focusing on mike.

"we already know it's me, richie. stop staring at me so strangely," mike said, "how are we gonna fit seven people in a five person car, again?" he asked, richie pretending to think hard.

"by jove, i've got the solution! easy. ben sits in the front with you, bill and stan share a seat, i sit on bev, eddie sits by himself in the middle." richie sounded proud of himself, but beverly's face was scrunched.