dorms

pairing: stozier

"baby, don't even stress, i get along with everyone!" richie exclaimed as he burst open the door. he turned, looking into the room and he smirked. sitting on a perfectly made loft bed was a honey-haired boy, reading a book.

"richie, everyone at our high school hated you." richie's best friend, eddie, walked in as well, sighing at richie. the boy sitting atop the loft bed was unaffected, barely noticing the boys at all.

richie took a good look at the boy. he was skinny and quite lanky. he wore a green shirt with a yellow "B" across the front, of which richie didn't recognize. he wore khakis, cuffed slightly above his ankles. his shoes were on the ground, yellow converse, and his socks were ankle high, leaving a gap of his pale skin exposed. his dirty-blond curls separated right above his left eyebrow, and they fall to the tip of his ears. he had covered himself in a blanket separate from the bedspread.

"okay, don't answer me, i'll just go get your furniture." eddie rolled his eyes and left the room. richie barely heard him, he was infatuated with this boy sitting against the wall.

"a bit stereotypical, isn't it? do you have a twitter, too?" richie laughed at the boy. this caught his attention, and he looked up. richie stared into his eyes and he smiled wider.

"what?" it was more of a mumble and richie barely heard him.

"you're reading the goldfinch, you have a pulp fiction poster up, and there's a dead poets society poster? i will reiterate: do you have a film twitter?" richie hopped up a step on the bed's ladder. he was indeed correct, the boy had decorated the room with two posters, a drawing of himself titled stanley uris (autographed BD at the bottom) and a set of books along a shelf. he also had a couple unpacked boxes, ones of records, and a backpack with newly bought textbooks sitting on top perfectly kept.

"i do, for your information, have a film twitter. you look like you cut your own jeans open with scissors, play electric guitar, had a fucked up childhood, and only wear glasses because you're too afraid to wear contacts." it was this boy, whose name must have been stanley, who made richie blush for the first time in a long time. eddie noticed as he stood outside the door, only able to see richie and not the other boy. he saw richie's flushed cheeks, and so he waited behind the door, listening. he held richie's electric guitar in his hands, and had the amp rolling behind him.

"okay, i'm seeing your point stan the man. i'm richie, and you're gonna love me in like... ten seconds." richie waited a whole ten seconds, and then aggressively winked at stan. stan let out a blunt chuckle and winked back. richie flushed even more, and laughed as he got chills up his back.

eddie decided to bring in stuff at that moment, and richie almost jumped when stan decided to speak.

"so buddy, your boyfriend just winked at me. i don't know how to break it to you, but any boy who wears a 'the smiths' shirt is not the loyal kind." stanley shrugged and went back to his book.

"woah! richie here is not and could never even dream of being my boyfriend. i have my own boyfriend, thank you." eddie replied quickly, glad to clear up the fact that richie was not his boyfriend.

"eds here could never dream of me. you, however," richie turned to stan, "you can date me all you like." he bit his tongue. stan laughed in response and put his book down. he came down from the bed and put his blanket down (nicely folded) and walked over to eddie. on the way, he trailed his finger across richie's chest.

"so, eddie, let me help you bring in richie's stuff yeah? i don't think he's gonna do much. anyway, you seem nice. he seems..." stan took eddie out into the hallway and let eddie lead him, richie staying in the room. once he was sure he was out of earshot, he took a step closer to eddie.

"holy shit he's hot! are you sure he's single? my god, he's hot." stan gushed and eddie stopped walking to laugh his ass off.

"yeah... yeah he's single. he's not exactly hot, in my opinion, but that might be because i have a very gorgeous boyfriend named bill." eddie scoffed, and he continued on, grabbing richie's beanbag chair. stan picked up what he assumed was richie's bedspread was (a pacman duvet and matching pillow set) and they continued walking on. all of a sudden, stan had a realization.

"oh my god! you're bill's boyfriend! and richie is that! oh!" stan gasped aggressively.

eddie's eyebrow raised, "bill denbrough? so you're stanley uris! holy shit!" they laughed together.

they came back into the room laughing, and richie was confused.

"so you guys are buddy buddy huh? good thing, my best friend and my boyfriend getting along." it was stanley's turn to flush red, and eddie smirked at stan.

"i'm not your boyfriend yet, babe."

-

"so it's just us now, isn't it steamy?" richie joined stan on his bed.

stan leaned his head into richie's chest, and richie blushed again, for what must have been the fourteenth time that day. stan brought his blanket over the two of them and simply lied against him. richie couldn't believe he was lying next to this beautiful boy next to him on his first day of college.

"if you were a book, you'd be the crucible. you're good in debates aren't you? and you hum to pass the time, and i bet you bite your lips." richie's voice was a low hum itself in the quiet room. stan laughed to himself at the grit of this boy.

"stop trying to be so goddamn aesthetic and just kiss me." stanley rolled over as he spoke and faced richie.

richie smiled and took his left hand and held it up to stan's face. they leaned in and connected.

and it was just ethereal.