the headless rabbit

pairing: stenbrough

"georgie, it w-w-won't be so bad, c'mon," bill held him by the neck of his sweater, pulling him along. georgie, now eleven, wasn't so little anymore. he was growing, now standing at five foot two. bill, after he'd grown in grade nine, was used to reaching far lower for georgie's head.

now, he nearly hit the kid right in the forehead with his elbow when he went to push him forward.

"billy, you don't get it, i cannot stand costumes, please do not make me do this. i'm eleven! i don't need to do a stupid easter egg hunt!" georgie whined, bill rolling his eyes as he continued to walk forward. the two were on the sidewalk, approaching a park. 

"it's a guy in a bunny costume, what on earth c-cuh-could be scary? b-b-bunnies are cute! besides, michael will be there." bill turned around, looking at georgie frozen in place. he motioned for georgie to move along, and georgie, groaning wildly, continued. bill sighed, "you know mom will basically scream with j-juh-joy if she sees i took you. c'muh-mon!"

"it's a real thing, you know. masklophobia. i searched it up! okay, well, i didn't search it up, i asked ben and ben got back to me, but the point stands! and richie agrees! they're scary, bill! i don't want to take a photo with a fucking rabbit dude!" georgie complained, rubbing his eyes. bill laughed.

"remind muh-muh-muh-me to never let you talk to ben or richie uns-supervised again. look, we're already here, and i'll buy you something for going, okay?" bill was aware he was basically bribing his little brother, but this was the way things went. georgie finally nodded, defeated.

"can you also get some eggs? maybe wrestle some from a seven year old? i think i'd really enjoy watching that." georgie laughed to himself as the two of them crossed into the park line, seeing the crowd of people by the field. 

"god, you've been hanging out w-wuh-with richie too much." bill noted, lightly smacking georgie over the head. georgie giggled, and bill walked up to a random woman, asking if she'd take a photo of the two of them. she did, with bill's little olympus camera. he thanked her profusely, and the two got in the line.

"i'm not going to look at him. i'm not even gonna look at him until i get up there." georgie said, mostly to himself, standing in the opposite direction of the line. bill pushed him along as they moved along in the line. bill looked ahead, seeing the easter bunny.

it was a very mediocre costume, white fur with slight pink accents. the eyes were sort of haunting, and bill vaguely understood what georgie was getting at. the easter bunny was sitting in a chair, where the kids would sit on his leg. at least he didn't really seem to be talking all that much. 

"georgie, you're brave. you c-c-can do this." bill assured him as georgie neared the front of the line. georgie flipped him off, bill smacking his hand away. georgie had recently learned how to flip people off, and was very into it, it seemed.

"you should have to sit with the damn bunny too. asshat. i wish you weren't seven feet tall." georgie muttered, smacking bill in the stomach several times. bill, choosing to ignore that richie might have ruined his baby brother's vocabulary, said nothing.

"only three more people, sorry. the bunny man gets tired, you know," one of the workers announced to the crowd. georgie nearly cheered, before seeing that there were only two children in front of him. he decided to headbutt bill in response, bill laughing as the people behind them dissipated.

"some poor child is so so sad that they didn't get to meet the easter bunny because you're forcing me to do this, you know." georgie argued, now only one person away. bill shook his head. "they are! you've ruined a day. good job, bill, wo-ooow."