《 Chapter 32 》

"Peter, are you okay?" I questioned but he ignored me, placing the tumblers on the table before me and folding his arms.

"That's my seat." He blurted out, his eyes getting narrower with each passing minute as he glared at Clement.

"Really? I'm sorry." Clement stood up immediately and walked to my side to sit on the empty chair beside me.

"That's Iyanu's seat. She'll be back soon." Peter almost growled and I flinched at his harsh tone. The few people on the same table with us were now gaping and I didn't like this attention one bit.

"What about that?" Clement pointed at the next available seat and Peter raised a brow.

"Why don't you return to where you were sitting before? All the seats here are occupied. You should have known."

"Okay." Clement simply said, flashing me a small smile as he stood up. "I'll see you later, B.," He said softly before walking away, leaving me with nothing but guilt.

Peter scoffed as he watched him go, plopping on his seat and taking a sip from his drink. I glowered at him, angry with the way he had treated Clement. That was uncalled for.

"Why did you talk to him that way?" I asked quietly.

"Do you want to dance?" Peter asked instead.

"No. Why did you talk to clement that way?" I repeated.

"Is it because of clement you don't want to dance or you just don't feel like it?" Peter's eyes were still on the tumbler in his hand.

"Why are you ignoring my question?" I almost yelled.

"Because it is such an unimportant question. How did I speak to him? I simply told him the chair he was sitting on was occupied which is true." He finally looked at me, dark brown eyes staring at me intently. "Besides, since when did you two become friends? I notice he waves at you each time he sees you."

"Well," I looked away. "He's my friend. I don't know how we became friends but we are." I took a big drink from the content in the cup, trying to satisfy my craving for Clement's snacks.

If only I didn't know how they tasted, it would have much easier. I turned to glare at Peter once more because it was his fault I didn't get to have another bite, only to see him still staring at me intently.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I blurted out, making sure to twist my face in annoyance even when I wasn't that angry with him.

"Do you want to leave here? I noticed an open classroom on my way to get us drinks." He said out of the blues and I was speechless for a while.

"There we can talk without anyone troubling us." He added.

Being alone with Peter in an open classroom was a great idea but I wasn't ready to jump in on the idea quickly. I wanted to stay mad at him.

"Don't you want to come along?" He asked softly and I looked away, focusing my gaze on my drink.

"Come on, 'B'." He mimicked Clement's voice and I fought the urge to laugh. I wouldn't yield.

"Aw, come here." Peter pulled me up and started walking out of the hall, with me shuffling behind. I struggled between holding my tumbler so it wouldn't fall and keeping up with the pace Peter was moving at.

He released me when we got into the empty classroom and I frowned, making way to walk out only to be caught by the wrist.

"Leave me alone, Peter." I tried to free myself even when I didn't want to. I just didn't want him having his way every time.

"Why are you so angry?" He sounded frustrated and I was already losing appetite to keep my facade on.

"You were rude to Clement for no reason." I slowly stated and he groaned.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I was just. . ." He scratched his head. "I'm sorry, okay? Just don't leave." He pleaded softly and my heart fluttered with so much love; I wanted nothing but to envelope him in a big hug. What had I been thinking of making him feel this way for no reason?

"I'm not going anywhere, Peter." I looked up at him and he nodded slowly, gesturing for me to have a seat which I did.

The night was cold and I could see the dark sky from where we sat. The moon was at its best, posing on the sky with so much grace and the stars shone in uniformity on the sky like the diamond they were.

I shivered a bit the moment the night breeze hit my skin. Peter noticed this so he pulled his suit and placed it on my shoulder. I froze at this gesture as I turned to look at him.

He was staring deeply into my eyes like there was some hidden treasure in there. I could feel my skin heating up but I tried to maintain his gaze nevertheless.

His dark brown eyes held so much emotion, it made me weak to my feet. It was, for this reason, I was glad to be sitting down - I sure would have fallen if I wasn't.

Peter leaned in then and my heart began to thud in my chest. I could feel the warmth emitting from his body as he was just an inch close. His eyes never left mine as he angled his head and my eyes fluttered close involuntarily.

I could barely wait for his lips to touch mine, I had had numerous dreams about this moment and just couldn't believe it was finally happening.

My heart was swelling badly and I had a feeling it would burst soon. I felt Peter run his finger through my hair and I leaned closer but nothing happened after that.

My eyes flew open in shock only to see Peter leaning his back on the chair, eyes closed and the back of his palm on his forehead. His chest was rising and falling in quick succession and I was now alarmed.

"Are you okay, Peter?" I asked and he nodded immediately. A small smile gracing his lips as he dropped his arm and stared at me the same way he had done a few minutes ago.

"Let's head back to the hall." He said to my horror and I watched him get up. He turned to look at me when he noticed I was still seated so I got up slowly, trying to conceal the disappointment threatening to drown me.

I had hoped to have my first kiss at that moment. I had wanted to but it was clear Peter didn't. My head hung low as I followed him quietly to the hall. The rest of the event was a blur for me and I wanted nothing but to curl on my bed and cry.

It felt like my heart had been shattered to thousand pieces at that single disappointment. I felt heart-wrenching pain all through.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Oops!

What do you guy's think about Peter's action?

Could there be a reason or did he not like her enough to kiss her?

Let me hear your thoughts

😳😳