31. The End.

Before I start, yes I changed the cover and the name again😂 I like changes and I believe this is the one since this is the end of the book!
Ps. I highly recommend listening to this song🥰 Also! Picture above is Xao.

-——-
This felt wrong. Everything felt wrong. What was I thinking when I said yes. I'm not a villain...

I lay on my back facing the ceiling of the dark room. The smell of mold is so prominent it makes me want to gag. "You know you'll need a new name if you're gonna be a bad guy!"
"Shut up Xao..." I turn on my side facing away from the tall boy. "Aw come on y/n, you have to embrace it!" Xao is a spirit that manifested after I got here. He hasn't left my side since he found out I could see him. I feel the bed dip beside me and ahead of black hair come into view. "Xao-"
"y/n~" I push his head back and sit up making the old bed creak and groan. "Alright, I'll give!" He laughs putting his hands up defensively. "Why do you insist on sticking with me?" I get off the bed and walk over to the singular black table with a glass of water on it. Maybe the water will wash away the ugly taste in my mouth. "I just want to help you!" He twirls around my small room making his black tailcoat swirl around him. "Plus... I need to make you stronger, in a way Ena never could" He smirks as I unintentionally shatter the glass water in my hand, my eyes glued to the wall in front of me. "Keep her name out of your mouth Xao"
"Or what?" He leans down gracefully and picks up a piece of glass from the floor. He gives me a smug look and twirls the shard in between his fingers like a drum stick. "Gonna cry?" My eyes snap to his yellow ones and my fist connects to his jaw in one swift movement making him fall to the floor with a grunt. He sits on the floor holding his cheek for a moment before bursting into hysterical laughter. "Do it again!" he looks up at me with crazed eyes and a wide smile. "It felt good~" I roll my eyes and sit back down on the bed. "You're sick"

-——-
Todoroki's POV

This morning I woke up in my bed like normal, only I didn't have any memories from anything that happened yesterday. I was picked up y/n for the dance, we danced for a while before I got a drink. Then I woke up here. The night must have gone by fast? I put on my uniform as usual and headed out the door walking to the train station with my bag.

I sit in my normal seat and wait as the train moves forward. I place my bag in the seat beside me as usual and wait. Why can't I remember anything? The sounds of the train calm my head in the morning, but that peace was quickly disturbed when y/n did not get on the train. I set my bag back down in the seat next to me in confusion. She almost never misses the train.

I step into school and almost like a switch was flicked, I hear the whispers of other students around me. These were different whispers than usual though, it felt as though they were directed at me.  I pass through the halls with my eyes focused on the floor, almost feeling nervous about their gases.  The whispers stop when I walk into 1A and I was met with a stern gaze from almost everyone. I stand there frozen and confused. "What?" Uraraka stands up from her seat next to Deku and was the first to approach me. "Is there something wrong?" I question. Her face darkens and her hands bawl into fists connecting with my chest. It did not hurt but it was surprising to see her angry face. "She's missing because of you.... you... you idiot" She refused to meet my eyes as she finds the words to say. "What do you mean, who is missing?" My eyes wander over the class quickly and see the one empty desk... y/n.

-——-

"Let's be honest... Ghost really?" Xao rolls his eyes walking in circles in front of me. "Hey, I like it!"
"Oh come on, be more original. There's literally a guy named suneater" He stops and picks up a glass from the bar and swirls the dark liquid in it. "Well... I don't necessarily want to become a villain like them you know..." Xao rolls his golden eyes and sets the glass down. "Well, you should have thought of that before you joined hon" He slides the glass over to me and I stop it with my hand. I pick the glass up and examine the liquid myself. "I can't drink it, but I'd hate to waste it" he laughs turning around pacing in circles again. "Why can't you drink it?"
"I'm dead dipshit" I look at the glass again when suddenly a thought comes into my head. When Ena would appear for others... she could eat and drink like normal. So why can't Xao? I bring the glass to my lips and take a sip, the liquid tingling my tongue in a way I never felt before. "What is this? It's good" I take another sip, loving the way it made my heart race. "Just somethin special. So about that name-"
"Alright... what do you got Xao?" He sits on the stool next to me excitedly. "Ok, so I was thinking something badass like "Horror!"
"No-"
"Shadow walker~" I laugh.
"Absolutely not "
"Silhouette?"
"Eh"
"Gloom!"
"No"
"Darkness!" I roll my eyes and continue to drink my drink. "You're getting worse Xao"
"Maleficent!" I stay silent and give him a look. "You like it?"
"No."
"Aw come on. That was my mother's name"
"That's not creepy at all..." I down the last of my drink and begin to walk back to my room when I get a thought. "Hey, Xao... what about Necromancer?" I turn around to see Xao blink a few times before waving his hand dismissively. "Nah"
"What why?"
"I got it! Umbra. It's a Greek mythology word meaning shadow or shade. In literature and poetry, a shade is the spirit or ghost of a dead person, residing in the underworld. Plus I think it sounds badass!" Surprised by his sudden knowledge I didn't hear Dabi come up beside me. "What are you tw- you doing" Dabi corrects himself for some reason. "Oh... I was just thinking about a new name I guess. What do you think of Necromancer?" I look up at him. "Too long" He leans against the door frame with a smirk. "UMBRA!" Xao shouts behind me and I sigh. "What about... Umbra" Dabi takes a step towards me and puts his hand on my cheek. "Sounds great... Umbra"
Oh yea, that's what I was thinking when I said yes.