26. Permanence. 

Getting home that night, I was greeted at the door by an adult man crying. "OH GOD Y/N!" Hizashi was the first as always to embrace me in a hug. "I heard what happened... my baby I'm so so sorry..." he pulls away from me and looks me up and down. "Oh look at you..." He holds up my bloodied, wrapped hands up and examines them. "I'm so sorry.." He pulls me in for another much calmer hug in which I gratefully return. After a moment he brings me into the house where I see Aizawa standing in the hallway staring at the door. I had sent him a message earlier saying I was alright and I was coming home. His eyes were red, puffy and filled with tears. His face was stained with streaks of tears and dirt. His hair was slightly matted and looked more tangled than usual. In all, he looks awful. I run to him and he immediately opens his arms and embraces me, letting his tears fall. "I'm so sorry.. I couldn't.. I couldn't protect you.. I wasn't there.. I should have been there" He cradles me in his arms as he sinks to the floor rocking me back and forth. Like a waterfall, all of my emotions I was holding in flood out once aggain. "He killed her... my mom...Ena's gone" I hiccup taking deep raspy breaths. ".. b-because of me" Another pair of arms come from behind and hug the both of us tightly.

That night, no one slept, no one said another word, the house was filled with our sobs and cries of despair and regret.

——

Even though the entire AllMight fiasco was finished days ago.. no one was the same after that day.

——

I turn over in my bed to look at the red and white rose Todoroki had given me. It was wilted now but I still keep it in its vase next to my bed. Wiping off the crust of dried tears from under my eyes, I look to the open window and sigh. She didn't have to do that for me.. she shouldn't have.. Getting out of bed I walk to my desk and pull out the right drawer. Sliding my books to the side I take out the bottom compartment and see the blood covered parchment paper smudged in mud and dust. He left this for me... that traitor to society who assisted in the murder of my best friend. That asshole of a father who killed my mother and lied to me about it. Taking a shaky breath I close the compartment again, not ready to see what the paper had to say.

BZZT.

I pick my phone up off the nightstand and see my daily messages from Todoroki.

IcyHot💞: Good morning
IcyHot💞: How are you feeling?

Me: Good morning. I'm doing a bit better now. What about you?

Thinking back to a couple days ago I decide it's time for a contact name change.

My Hero💞: Id be lying if I said I wasn't worried about you.

Me: You're so sweet. I'm ok really. Thank you for worrying, it means a lot.

My Hero💞: Of course. Just making sure🦩

Me: Flamingo?

My Hero💞: Is that what that is?

I laugh and set down my phone letting out a sigh in content. I stroll back over to my bed and pet Shiro. "Hey Shiro boy.." Scratching under his chin, he starts purring and drooling on my bed. "You're so gross, but I love you" I kiss his head and head downstairs to get a snack. When I reach the bottom step I hear Hizashi gasp. "Oh you're up! Finally! C'mere honey we have something to show youuu" He pulls my hand over to the couch and sets me down on the one opposite Aizawa. "Um.. am I in trouble?" I ask getting comfortable on the soft grey couch. Hizashi sits in the spot next to Aizawa. "No, you're not in trouble. We just want to discuss some things with you" Aizawa takes a sip of his coffee and sets it on the table in front of us. "We know you've been having a hard time...with everything lately. Especially since Ena is gone... We just wanted you to know that you're not the only one... and we wanted to try and make something good and light out of all of this darkness" Looking in between the two of them, I can see the nerves basically radiating off of Hizashi. While Aizawa looked just as calm as ever. "Ok...?" They both share a look before Aizawa slides a small rectangular box out from under the couch. "Well.. since you've been living here for some time now. We would like to know...if you would consider letting us...become your legal guardians?" He sets the box down on the table and opens it revealing papers labeled Adoption with my name on them. At the bottom they're both signed by Hizashi Yamada and Shota Aizawa. Legal guardians? "You mean...you want t-to.." I look up at them with tears eyes. Aizawa smiles lightly and nods his head while Hizashi is full blown sobbing and smiling brightly. I smile along with them and nod my head. "Yes!!" They both walk around the coffee table and hug me tightly. "Welcome to the family..." Aizawa kisses the top of my head lightly and so does Hizashi. "You really are our little baby now" He leans back to look at me and Aizawa fully and a look of realization hits his face. "Oh my god... Sho... were dads!" His smile gets even brighter as he finally realizes what just happened. Chuckling, Aizawa nods his head and crosses his arms. "Yes we've established this already" Hizashi jumps up and down like a little kid fist pumping the air. "IM A DAD! Wait.. WERE DADS!"

____

So sorry for the short semi depressing chapter! 😅 I tend to write chapters based on my feelings in real life so I hope this wasn't too hard to read. 💞
Online AP classes are a bitch..