13. My new life

Many painful days went by and none of the teachers dared to say a word to me about what happened. I wish I had the option not to go to school at all, but sadly I have to. There are the few people at school who ask why I haven't been talking to Mic as much as I used to. Such as Deku, Uraraka and Iida but I just simply tell them that I wanted to focus on school more at the moment which I think they bought. Me and Todoroki have gotten a lot closer now which is one of the only bright sides to my life right now.
Sitting in class while Aizawa teaches is painful to say the least. He acts like he doesn't care about what happens but the way he keeps glancing at me screams otherwise. Everyone is talking about the sports festival that's coming up soon. Approximately two weeks now is what they are saying. I can't stop thinking about what will happen if I get paired up with someone from the other classes that's much stronger than me. The bell rang and it was time for our next class, everyone stands up but stops at the doorway. "Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Iida asks making his robotic hand gestures. Students? Does he mean the other classes are here? "They're scouting out the competition losers" Bakugo says annoyed as he walks to the door "Move it extras" As he tries to walk out, a boy with purple hair walks out of the crowd. "So this is the famous class 1A? I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass" I stifle laugh and Bakugo looks back angrily. "Shut it crazy!" He threatens me with his fist. "Well they don't seem too nice" Ena appears beside me and hugs my arm. I shrug my shoulders and wait until they're done talking. Out of the corner of my eye I see Todoroki come up to me. He doesn't say anything, he just grabs my hand and leads me through the crowd of people. "W-wait Todoroki-"
"Come on, there not moving any time soon" He continues to make his way through the crowd and all the way out of the school. "You know, you didn't have to do that. I could have-"
"I know. I just.. don't want you to miss the train. That's all" He turns his head away from me. "Oh alright, thank you" We both step onto the train and look around for empty seats. It's packed! All of the seats are taken. Even most of the standing bars are taken up. "Here's one" I maneuver to the middle of the isle through the thick crowd and Todoroki follows. We both grab hold right as the train moves. "Hey, do you mind if.. I pick the song today?"
"Oh sure! I didn't know you listened to music that often" He takes my phone and goes through my playlist. "I usually don't, but I liked this one song that you played on the bus a while ago on the way to the USJ. I would like to hear it again" He actually pays attention to my music? "That's so cute!" Ena squeals beside me tugging my sleeve. I lightly smile at her and bend Todoroki an earbud. I'm surprised when the song "Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea" by Fall Out Boy comes on. "I had no idea you liked this kind of music Todoroki" He looks away in embarrassment. "I just think the lyrics have truth to them that's all" I smile and put a hand on his arm. "I like this song too" He looks back at me, but this time there's a hint of red on his cheeks. Before I could ask anything the train comes to an unexpected stop. I'm thrown into Todoroki's chest with an exaggerated 'oof'. He clutches onto my waist and I fall onto his chest. My head goes into his chest from the height difference. "Hey, a-are you ok y/n?" I am in total shock from what just happened that I can even talk. "y/n?" He sets his head on my head which snaps me out of my phase. "Oh um, yea I'm alright sorry" My face is flushed a deep red, thank all might that he cant see my face. The people behind us are so close that If I backed up anymore I would end up squishing them. "I.. cant move back anymore"
"Me either" So, there we stood for the remainder of the bus ride. In an awkward position, listening to whatever music comes on the playlist next, and of course it had to be the song: "Cant Help Falling In Love" By Elvis. Is life trying to fuck with me? "Oh, y/n um- whaaattt is happening here?" Ena is slightly clipping through a person like a videogame. "Shut up Ena-" I whisper lowly. She just laughs. The woman she is clipping through pulls up her cardigan and shivers looking around for a draft. "What is she saying?" Todoroki questions. I feel his jaw move on the top of my head as he talks. "Um, she's just questioning this, um position"
"You can use this y/n! come on you know what would be super cute? you can snuggle your head closer, I'll tell you what he does alright?" I think about it for a moment. I do like him but, I don't want to make thins more uncomfortable than they already are for him. I'm sure he doesn't even like me like that. "I can see the look on your face, and yes he does. Trust me" You know what, fine, whatever. I turn my head to the side and get comfortable, pulling him in for more of a hug. I feel his body become stiff for a moment before he relaxes. "Omg it totally worked! Awwww he's so cute when he blushes" I smile and mouth a thank you to her. "Aw of course y/n, that's what I'm here for you know" She pats my head and I actually feel my hair move this time. "I'll let you walk home ok? Just send one out If you need me ok?" She winks and turns into mist, leaving before my eyes. She really is my wing ghost. Finally some people started getting off at the next stops, and then mine. "Um, thank you for that, ill see you tomorrow"
"Of course, goodbye y/n" He smiles that faint smile again. I smile back at him and make my way off of the train. Did all that mean he likes me? No, I doubt it. He doesn't seem like the type of person to like someone. He's probably too focused on becoming a hero to be in a relationship. I cant help but think, why would he like me anyway. My dad is a villain, I talk to ghosts, and I am an actual mess of a human being. Still, what if he did? Would I accept it if by the off chance he asks?
I make it to the front porch of my home. It still feels surreal to me. It seems like yesterday my dad was making me breakfast before he left for the hundredth time that month. He rarely even slept in his bed when he was here. To find out he's a villain.. its so wrong. Is he going to continue to pay for the house? How am I going to live? I take the key from the planter and unlock the door, to my surprise, it was already unlocked. I immediately go into panic mode and call for Ena. She doesn't come, there's just silence. I take a deep breath and feel my body change, sending shivers up my back. Walking though the door I am met with a plate of food on my counter. What criminal comes into a home and makes dinner for them? That's when I hear it, a loud noise followed by a string of curses. Oh, its him. I re appear and sit at the counter looking at what he made me. Is this a single raw potato with a side of cold corn? He knows me so well. At least the potato is pealed this time. I shouldn't eat this, I'm mad at him for a reason. Fuck it, I'm hungry. I take the potato and bite into it hearing his footsteps come down the staircase. He walks around the corner and stops when he sees me. "Hey kiddo.. haha" He scratches the back of his neck. "Why are you in my house Mic?" He gets a glass of water and takes a seat on the other side of the bar and starts to talk. "Look, I know what we did was wrong ok? We just wanted to protect you"
"No, you wanted to manipulate me because you didn't think I could be competent enough not to become a villain"
"Kid, I never thought you would become a villain. I know you to well to think that. I'm sorry you had to find out that way. We all are, we really just want what's best for you. All of us"
"You told Ena not to answer me didn't you? You could see her"
"Oh yea, she was tryin to turn on the tv when I walked in. Almost gave me a heart attack" He laughed and took a sip of his water. "She's something isn't she?" He looks off to the side smiling. "Yea, she really is" His posture changes and he gets closer to me, looking me seriously. "y/n, I want you to come live with me and Shota at my place" My mind stops working for a second as I take in the information. "you- wait" He quickly realizes what he said "Oh shit. Well you were going to find out anyway kid" He laughs. I don't know what to say, my father figure and my teacher are... living together. Cant say that I didn't see it coming but I'm just surprised they're already living together this fast. "Its about damn time Mic"
"Hey, language kid"
"But you just-"
"Shhh just cause I do it kid doesn't mean you have to" I scoff. "Whatever old man"
"Hey! I'm not that old!" I take another bite of my potato and laugh. "If you're old enough to be calling me 'kid' than you're pretty old" He just crosses his arms and pouts like a kid. "But hey, at least you're smiling again. Does this mean were good?"
"Yea, I guess this means were good"
"Oh thank All Might. I can't stand when you're mad at me like that" He comes around the table and brings me into a bone crushing hug. "Yea, yea. I guess I should get packing shouldn't I?" He lets go of me and nods. "Yea, I want to get you out of this house as soon as I can kid"

-----

Packing all of my stuff into bags I take a step back to take a look at my empty room. I have so many memories here, and I'm just leaving all those behind. The balcony that Ena loves, the mirror that we've danced in front of so many times, the drawings on my wall I made when I was a kid. I'm going to miss it. This just means that I'm starting a new chapter in my life. A better one, where I don't have constant reminders of my dad everywhere. A new one where I can be anything I want to be. I choose to be a hero, with Ena, Mic, Aizawa, Todoroki, and all of my friends. I hear Mic come up the stairs and stop in my door way. "You're going to miss it aren't you?"
"Yea, I am"
"Its gonna be ok kid, you've got us now! and sorry to say, you're kinda stuck with us" He comes up behind me and pulls me to his chest in a side hug, almost strangling me. "Oh joy" I sarcastically laugh along with him. I'm going to love my new life.