14. I AM HERE

I've been training a lot with Aizawa and Mic at home and at school. I finally think I'm ready for the sports festival. "WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD" My eyes shoot open and I'm thrown out of bed by none other than Ena and Mic. "Ah what the f-"
"LANGUAGE" I rub the sleep out of my eyes and look around the room. All of my stuff is unpacked. I haven't had much time to do it because of training and school. "Ena did you get bored last night?" She scratches the back of her head in embarrassment. "I might have gotten a little carried away"
"Come on kid, Sho made breakfast downstairs" I look at him shocked. "Aizawa makes breakfast? Wait scratch that, he's awake?" Mic laughs "I made him get up to make you something, plus todays your big day kid, you cant be late for the sports festival" I shoot up off the floor. "Oh crap I totally forgot that was today, I was so exhausted last night I didn't even think about it!" Ena laughs and throws me my uniform. "Get dressed, we leave in ten" Mic closes my door and I get changed. Its still pretty hard to believe that I'm here. Living with two pro heroes, and two of my teachers at my school. I saw them as father figures before, but now it just feels right. "Morning Aizawa" I smile and sit at the table packing my things into my bag. "Morning" He says in his normal monotone voice. Even tho he is still in his bandages from the USJ incident, he is still up and cooking like nothing happened "Eat up, you got five minutes before we leave you behind"
"Wait what?"
"You're going to be riding with us to school from now on. We want to make sure nothing happens to you" That means I wont get to ride with Todoroki anymore. "But, I actually prefer to ride the train to school if that's ok with you guys"
"What? you got something against riding to school with us?" Aizawa crosses his arms and Mic takes a piece of my bacon. "Yea kid what's up with that?"
"I just think it would look a little weird if I went up to school with two teachers, what would people think if they saw us?"
"Don't worry kid we already cleared it with the principle, he knows" This is bad. Think quick... "I'm not talking about him. I'm talking about the students. I..I used to get bullied and I'm afraid of what they will think if they see me... there in the car with you guys.." I look down at my lap. "Sho, she's got a point you know" Aizawa sighs. "Alright, good thinking. You can ride the train, just please call us if anything happens alright? You have our numbers as your emergency contact" I smile up at him "Yea I know, thank you guys, you're the best" I bring both of them into a hug which they return. "I'll get going so I don't miss it, buy guys!" I grab my bag and head out the door. On my way out I hear Mic talking to Aizawa. "I love her Sho, I think we should do it" I hear Aizawa walk away. "I think so to"

----

The walk to the train station was short. Ena wouldn't shut up about how she went through my stuff and found my old diary. "Now If you say anything about me I got some juicy stuff for you!" She laughs. "Uh-huh I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself ghosty" Sitting In our normal spot Todoroki puts his bag down and allows me to sit next to him. "So, are you excited?"
"This is just a dumb contest to see who can fight the best. Of course I'm not" He seems more irritable than usual. "Well yea, but we can still have fun doing it though" I take out my phone but immediately put it away when Todoroki speaks again. "Nothing can be good if my father is going to be there"
"Oh" I play with my hands nervously. I don't really know what to say after that to be honest. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make things awkward" 
"No, its alright. Do you want to talk about it or anything?" He sighs and looks out the window. "Not now, maybe someday" I nod my head understanding that now is not the best time to talk about things. "Alright, I'm here whenever you're ready ok?" He looks back at me with an expression I couldn't quite read. "y/n.. I.. I wan to ask..no I want to tell you something.."
"Oh? What is it Todoroki?"
"Shoto.. please call me Shoto" My heart skips a beat. "Oh, alright.. Shoto. Is that all you wanted to tell me?" His face flashes red and he fidgets with his fingers as well. "Well.. no I-"
"Y/N this is your stop get up!" We both turn out heads to Ena whos already off the train waiting for us. "Oh, come on To-Shoto, you can tell me on the way to school" I pull him up and follow Ena off of the train. "So guys, whos excited? I know I am!" Ena walks backwards in front of us. "Ena please be careful, you're going to run into a pole or a person"
"Chill I'm good!" She laughs and turns around running ahead of us. "So um Shoto, what did you want to tell me earlier?" I question "Oh, it was nothing" He looks away shyly. By then we had come up to the school. There are dozens of people outside of the school taking pictures and trying to get in "Oh no, not this again" We make our way through the crowd with tons of people yelling at me and Todoroki. "Its the son of Endeavor with some girl!"
"Hey what's it like training with All Might?"  We speed walk past them but walking to the arena was even more of a nightmare. There were a ton of booths set up outside that we had to walk past. The one person that sticks out to me the most was that kid we had met before, the insane one that called Todoroki stuck up. "Oh look what the cat dragged in!" Oh god not him. Anyone but this guy. "Its the entitled 1A kids"
"Please not now, were just trying to get to the arena in time" He laughs. He leans in really close to me and whispers. "Word in the halls here is, your dad is a villain" My eyes widen and my body stiffens. How the hell did he know that. He leans back and laughs again, but louder. Todoroki steps in front of me protectively. "Oh, got yourself a bodyguard do you?" My attention goes to him, his body radiating cold steam as he gets more provoked. "Its ok Shoto.." I grab onto his jacket sleeve and lightly pull him back. He looks back at me and I give him pleading eyes. He sighs and looks back at the 1B kid. "You aren't worth our time" Todoroki pulls me away from the crowd that was forming. "I don't like that guy" Were at the entrance to the 1A waiting room. "Neither do I but... we cant have a war between classes already" He sighs in defeat. "Doesn't mean I cant start one with our class.."
"Wait Shoto what does that mean?" He says nothing as he walks into the room where all of the class was already waiting.

----

Time goes by and were all doing out own thing waiting for the signal for us to go out. "Omg y/n, y/n, y/n its Tokoyami. This is the perfect time to do something don't you think?" Ena yells excitedly. "Oh, well why don't you go over and say hello" I laugh going back to playing games on my phone. "But I helped you!"
"But he cant see you ghosty, there's a difference" She gives me a puppy dog face. "Ena.. I don't know what they will think. Shouldn't we keep this a secret till after the festival?" She looks down in sadness. "Oh.. I guess so" god damn it. "Fine whatever come on, appear"
"Ahh yes you're the best!" She appears and we make our way over to Tokoyami, He's sitting with Sato and Soji at a separate table. "Hello guys! So, as you know my quirk Is ghost. Um well this is my friend Ena, she's a ghost, and she's also my best friend" The boys looked shocked but say hello none the less. She immediately hits it off with them so I go back and sit at my chair. I'm still thinking about what that 1B kid said. Was he just testing me or does he actually know about my father. It seems to spot on no to be true. That's when I see Uraraka come up to me. "y/n! are you ready? I'm so nervous!" Uraraka says clasping her hands together smiling. "Yea, I think I'm going to do really good, I've been training extra hard"
"Oh I just know you'll do great! All of the girls are cheering for you. We think you'll be the one to make it the farthest" I'm shocked. "Oh thank you, but um why me?" She laughs "Why not you?  You're amazing! We see you during training and we think you might be able to win this" I look up at her smiling, I really do have good friends. Iida comes bursting into the room. "EVERYONE GET YOUR GAME FACES ON, WERE ENTERING THE ARENA SOON" I stand up with Uraraka to go to the door when I see Shoto call for Deku. "Midoriya" His voice is low and scary, unlike when he's talking to me. He seems like a completely different person. "Oh hey Todoroki, what's up?"
"I think it's fairly clear that I am stronger than you" Wait what? "Uh.. yea" Deku looks down disappointed. "However, you have All Might in your corner helping you out. Just know that I will beat you"
"Oh what's with all the declarations of war lately?" I can't listen to this anymore. I walk out and Ena follows me saying a quick goodbye to Tokoyami. I hear Mic screaming through and actual microphone wondering how he hadn't broken it yet. I wait for the class, and we all make a dramatic entrance. Today is the day that I say to this world, I AM HERE.