28. The Stairwell

{Slight language warning towards the end}
Started off a good week then slowly went downhill so that kinda shows in this chapter😅 enjoy!

   Every morning I woke up like normal. Sweat drenching my cloths, claw marks on my body, my eyes felt dry from crying, and my throat raspy from heavy breathing and screaming. My dad kneels over my bed with one hand on my forehead and another holding my own shaking one. "Shhhh it's ok sweetheart, you're ok. You're safe, nothing can hurt you now" My eyes blink rapidly blinking away my tears and trying to adjust to the lights in my room. My breathing slows ever so slightly as I feel the grip on my hand tighten. "Hizashi's gone but I'm here ok, can you sit up for me?" I sit up in my bed and he hands me a glass of water. "Small sips ok? Take your time" I try and hold the glass up to my face but end up shaking some of the water out of the glass. I let out a small sigh of frustration. Aizawa places his hands over mine to steady my shakes and I finally take a sip. His face was calm but I could tell he was hiding a great sadness behind his tired looking eyes. "Was it Ena again?" He asks carefully setting the glass on my nightstand. I shake my head no wiping my eyes with my shaking hands, feeling my previously healed scars on my knuckles. "Was it him..." He asks in less of a questioning voice.

"So you're old Twice's kid?...You look just like your mother" My breath catches in my throat as he mentions her. "Shut the hell up and let me out of here" He laughs. "You know, he wanted nothing more than to keep you out of all this, and so did your mother"
"SHUT UP" I bang my fist once again on the wall. "Its too bad your old mans head went to shit and he killed her" Tears fall down my cheeks and my chest tightens. "Boss always did have a way of convincing people"

I let a loud sob escape my mouth. Aizawa wastes no time in pulling me into his embrace, rocking me slowly as he pets my knotted hair down. "I'm so sorry..."
——
Soon enough everyone was back in school and the word about the dance got out pretty quickly. "Quiet down everyone. Yes, we are having a dance and yes I am going to chaperone along with Present Mic" The class cheers and a smile finds a way onto my face when I see Deku look over at Uraraka. Adorable. The images from Todoroki's house play over and over in my head. How Endeavor crashed to the ground, how the shadow of a person never moved, how... I know for a fact I saw him at the league of villains hide out... He was the man with the scars. He was the one that threw me into the book case. Looking up from my desk I see Bakugo staring at me with the same look, it's almost like he knew what I was thinking about. We lock eyes for a moment before he turns around again to watch my dad teach. I still find myself looking around the room at times expecting to see Ena scribbling nonsense on people's papers to mess with them. I take a deep breath and look back to the front of the room and try to focus on school for once in an attempt to take my mind off of the world.

----

"Y/N!" Closing my locker I turn around and see Mina, Uraraka, Jiro and Momo come up to me. "Hey guys, what's up?"
"You should come dress shopping with us for the dance!" Mina exclaims jumping up and down. Putting the last of my things in my bag I sling it behind me and shrug my shoulders. "Sure why not"
"Yes! girls day!" Momo claps her hands together excitedly. "Yea, let me just ask my dads- dad" My eyes widen slightly and I turn away to walk down the hall. Hopefully they didn't hear that... I take out my phone to make my 'phone call' and walk back into 1A. Aizawa looks up at me from his computer questionably. "y/n? What is it?" Looking back at the door for a brief moment I lean down and whisper. "Can I go dress shopping with the girls today?" He sighs. "You know Mic wanted to take you. He's sentimental like that" He rests his head on his hand. "Pleeaseee? I haven't had a change to go out with the girls... I want to make some real friends" He sighs and looks around the room. Finally he looks back at me and rolls his eyes. "Fine, but you know we have to take pictures"
"Oh yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I go around the desk and hug him tight. "Yea... whatever kid. Keep it down" I pick my bag up and head out the door. "Oh and y/n-" Aizawa stands up from his desk and pulls something out from his pocket. "Take this, just incase" He hands me a black rectangle with a button on the side. "What the... Is this a taser?!"
"Yes. I don't want what happened last time to happen again..." I look up at him and see his face is serious. "Fine... thank you" He ruffles my hair in return. "Alright. Have fun ok?" He walks back to his desk. "I'll try" I smile and head out of the door to find Bakugo leaning against the wall. "So, crazy" his head hangs low making his bangs cover his right eye. I stop in my tracks and quickly hide the taser in my bag. "A-ah hey Bakugo" What is he doing here? "We need to talk"
"W- hey!" He suddenly grabs my wrist and pulls me to the stairs aggressively. "Hold on!" I try to pull my hand out of his but he just won't budge. I get a flashback from the mall incident and decide that this was far enough. Halfway up the stair well I faze out of his grasp and he stops. "What the hell Bakugo!?" He stands with his back to me, his shoulders seem to be shaking lightly. "What is your problem?" I ask gripping my wrist where he was pulling me. He turns his body ever so slightly towards me and gives me a glare. "My problem?" Everyone has gone home by now, no one would know we were here, that means no one could hear us. "MY PROBLEM?!" He shouts. "MY PROBLEM IS THAT EVERYONE KEEPS LYING TO ME" He turns around fully so I could see his face that was angry, yet on the verge of tears. "WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME HUH? WHEN!" I take a few steps back and press myself up against the cold stairwell wall. "YOU ONLY GOT INTO THIS CLASS BECAUSE YOU'RE HIS DAUGHTER. YOU WILL NEVER BE A TRUE HERO YOU GOT THAT?! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE DAUGHTER OF A VILLAIN" He punches the wall beside my head and I drop to the floor, tears filling my eyes for what felt like the tenth time today. "You're seriously that weak huh?" He doesn't even look at me. The anger in my stomach feels too much to bear, my hands make fists at my sides slowly turning white from the force. "Don't think-" Before he got to finish his sentence he was on the floor holding his cheek. "You...you punched me-"
"Now who's the weak one asshole. You feel the need to bring me down because of your own insecurities, it's sad really. You think this is the worst shit I've gone through this week? REALLY?!. I lost my best friend since childhood, I lost my father, I had to watch my mother die in front of my eyes, I have constant night mares from my father and the league, and you have the AUDACITY TO TELL ME THAT THE ONLY REASON THAT I AM IN THIS FUCKING CLASS IS BECAUSE OF THE MAN WHO IS DOING HIS DAMN BEST TO PROTECT ME?!" I stand over his body, my chest heaving in anger. "Not today asshole. I'm going to have a good time at this mall with my friends if it kills me, because I fucking deserve it"
——
He couldn't do it. He couldn't find the words to come back from that. Long after she was gone, he picked himself up and stood there in the stairwell staring at the blank wall, his anger long dissipated. No one had ever stood up to him like that, and it kind of impressed him. Was he loosing his touch? Had he gone soft? No. The words of the girl he once thought as weak rung through his head like a siren. He had no idea what she had gone through and little did he know, that this was just the beginning of a world of pain that was soon to come.
——