16. Sports Festival pt.2

If looks could kill, I'd be dead from Endeavors stare right now. "y/n? are you alright?" My eyes snap back to Shoto once again. "Oh yea sorry I just.. yea haha sorry. What were you saying?" His eyes meet with the one person he didn't want to see today. He growls and clenches his fists. "Nothing. Forget I said anything"
"Shinso is out of bounds, Midoriya advances to the next round!" Midnight announces. Damn, go Deku.

----

The rest of the games went by pretty smoothly. Todoroki still hasn't said a word to me since he saw Endeavor. I cant say that I don't understand how he's feeling though, if I saw my father here I would feel pretty angry also. I decide to make the old move and grab his hand that was sitting on the arm of the chair. We don't make eye contact, we just keep facing forward. I feel him squeeze my hand in return like he's letting me know that he is ok. Before long, it was my turn to go down and fight. I silently get up an head towards the doors when I feel someone grab the bottom of my gym uniform. I look back to see Todoroki. "Good luck" Is all he says before looking down at the arena again. My walk to the waiting room was uneventful, just quiet, and very eerie. However, as soon as I step out of the room I am met with a flaming chest. My breath gets caught in my chest and my hair stands up on, my arms and legs giving me goosebumps. Ena stands beside me not visible to him but she's just as shocked as I am. "So, you're the girl my son has been spending so much time with at school" My brain is in a fog, how did he know that? "I saw you walking into UA with my son Shoto on tv. He seems to trust you, that's very rare for him" Those damn reporters. "NEXT UP, FUMAKAGE TOKOYAMI AND Y/N L/N" He keeps staring at me intimidatingly. "y/n we gotta go.." I briefly look at Ena for help and she just shrugs her shoulders. "Excuse me, I have to go now" I lower my head in apology and rush past him and down the hall. I feel his fiery glare on the back of my head as I walk. "Damn he's so scary! Ena shivers beside me in fear. "Yea, he really is" I look down the long tunnel and see Tokoyami on the other side in his tunnel. Ena appears for a second to wave and I wave also. Dark shadow comes out and waves rapidly as Tokoyami looks away and pinches the top of his beak embarrassed. "You really think you can beat him y/n?"
"Sure we can, I got you after all" I smile and she nods. Midnight gives us the signal and we both make out way to the cement battle ground. Going over the line means you're out, our best bet is to get him out. That's going to be hard with dark shadow blocking his every move. I have to re appear to get a hit on him, so dodging him shouldn't be an issue. I look up into the stands and see Shoto, he gives me a thumbs up. I smile as the horn goes off, I immediately feel the familiar cold sensation travel through me. Before I could think I'm hit back by dark shadow and hit the ground hard. I wasn't fast enough shifting, but I'm not out yet. "OHHHH AND Y/N GOES DOWN WITH A SIGLE BLOW BY DARK SHADOW. SHES NOT DONE YET THOUGH" I regain my breath and get up fully turning this time. He can still see me, but I can go through him. "HER BODY FLICKERS LIKE A HOLOGRAM AS SHE IS ABLE TO WALK THROUGH OBJECTS. PEOPLE CALL HER THE GHOST" Really Hazashi, could you be anymore obvious? I sprint towards Tokoyami and he instantly backs up careful to keep his distance. My eyes turn completely white as I call forth others to help me gain speed. "Ena, little help here" She smirks and she turns herself visible. I hear the gasps of the crowd and some of my classmates. I grab her hand and spin her around towards him, she kicks him straight in the beak. "OHH A FORCEFULL KICK TO THE HEAD BY Y/S GHOST PARTNER ENA!" I smile as Tokoyami staggers back. Dark shadow lunges towards me in retaliation, swiping at my face with his talons. Jumping back I dodge his attack and use a speed boost to run back to Ena. "12!" I shout to her. We have codes for our moves, since we haven't mastered them yet I have to shout out numbers. Tokoyami throw's a punch at her but it goes straight through her. As he brings his hand back I jump through Ena's flickering body and punch him in the chest. He's so close to being out, I just need more strength, so I call more strength to my body then normal. Something doesn't feel right though, there's something powerful here, but it doesn't feel like a bad spirit. I have to finish this quickly. I sprint at an inhuman speed towards Tokoyami and make my hand normal to punch him, but he grabs my hand just in time and throws me to the ground. My breath is knocked out of my body and I struggle to move. My body twitches in reaction and I feel a sensation I can only explain as tv static wash over me. "WHATS THIS? IS THIS A NEW ABILITY HER EYES ARE COMPLETELY BLACK AND SHE LOOKS MAAAAAD" I stand up and feel my feet being lifted up off the ground. "y/n, this isn't me! you need to get out of there now! there's something happening!" I can hear Ena yell at me but my body wont allow me to stop. In an instant I am standing over Tokoyami, he has no time to react before I punch him in the stomach with as much force as I can. He goes flying towards the edge of the arena with a groan. Dark shadow tried to defend I'm but I simply go through him. Tokoyami throws a last attempt punch, but as he did before, I grab his hand and throw him to the ground outside the arena and the crowd cheers. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Y/N IS THE WINNER" Come on, just say thank you... COME ON. I feel my feel touch the ground again and I finally gain the strength to say it. "T-thank you.. please goodbye" Just like that, all of the energy is gone from my body and I collapse onto the ground. 'Y/N!" I hear Mic and Aizawa say from the speaker and Ena rushes over to me. Unable to change, her hands go right through me. "y/n I'm so sorry, I couldn't help. Whatever that thing was, it was insanely powerful" My eyes are blurry and my head is pounding. I want to smile and tell her its ok, but I cant. Its like my entire body is numb. I close my eyes and hear the sounds of people yelling and feel my body being lifted up by someone.

----

My head is pounding. I roll over in my bed and pull she sheets closer to my body for warmth. I hear Ena talking next to me, she's talking to someone whos voice I don't recognize. "S-she's going to be ok right? Please tell me she is oh god please. She's the only one I have" I smile feeling my strength come back to me little by little. I turn over in the bed and she looks at me shocked. "I'm not going anywhere ghosty" She smiles and grabs my hand crying again. "Oh god y/n you're such an ass! scaring me like that" I laugh along with her and see a figure at the end of my bed. "Aizawa?"
"Hey kid, I'm glad to see you're awake" He sighs. "What the hell happened out there?" I look down at my lap and take a deep breath. "The drawback of my quirk... possession. There was something else In my body, but it strangely didn't feel bad. It was just so...powerful. Thankfully I was able to get it out in time before my body reacted badly" He nods in understanding so I change the subject. "Aren't you supposed to be out there with Hizashi?"
"I told him to take over, we wanted to make sure you were ok" They really do care about me. "Is it over? Who won?" He shakes his head "No its not over yet, we still have to give the awards. Bakugo was in first place, Todoroki came in second, and you came in third"
"I.. I got third place?" I smile squeezing Ena's hand. "Yes, congratulations. If you're feeling up to it let's go get your medal"
"I'd love that"

----

Standing up on that podium felt amazing. I feel like everything I've worked so hard for is finally starting to pay off. Bakugo was chained to a post and muzzled which I thought was a little strange, he was also yelling profanities at Todoroki which made me even more confused. Looking at Todoroki, he looked mad enough to kill someone. Not as bad as Bakugo but, the silent rage sort of thing. What the hell happened while I was gone?