18. Best Day of my Life

Me and Todoroki walked home instead of taking the train, just so we could have more time together. We both laughed at my stupid jokes, an impersonations of kids in 1A. Just having a good time together when we realized how dark it had gotten. "Its only 8:30 why is it so dark?" I look up to the sky and see big grey clouds blocking out the sun. "Well, it looks like its going to rain soon, we should probably catch the train if we don't want to be caught in the rain" Todoroki starts walking, but I stay in place. "What's the fun in that?" The rain starts drizzling down and I set my backpack and the flower under an awning. "What do you mean?" Todoroki looks back at me. "You've never danced in the rain?" Walking out from the awning I stretch my arms out and sigh. "Hey, you're going to get a cold" He grabs my arm and turns me around. "I'm not going to get a cold silly, here" I take his backpack off and set it with mine. Taking my phone out I play some soft music. A little Disney cant hurt. The song "Le Festin" from Ratatouille on piano starts playing. "I've never heard this song before" I take his hands in mine and start swaying slightly. "You've never seen the movie Ratatouille?" He shakes his head no. "It sounds like a weird movie" I laugh spinning around. "Yea, it kinda is" getting lost in my own world, I start twirling in the rain, not caring my uniform gets soaked. Humming along to the song, I grab onto a lamp post and swing myself around it laughing.

Todoroki's point of view.

Watching her dance in the rain to this song gives me this unimaginable since of joy. That child like since of wonder in her eyes makes me want to join her, and protect her against the world. So, that's what I did. Grabbing onto her hand, we twirled around in the rain together, not caring about the others on the path watching. The smallest of smiles etched its way onto my face as we laugh and dance together. Never before have I felt this feeling with anyone. This feeling of pure happiness, I wasn't even sure what that word meant before I met her. Just watching her smile makes me want to smile. I want to make sure she's always smiling, I want to make sure she is happy, because she deserves the world and more. All too soon the song had ended and was replaced with another more up beat one. We both stop and laugh at the sudden change in mood. She goes to her phone and turns the music off, that beautiful smile never leaving her face. "Thank you for staying with me for that Shoto. I know many people who would just leave" She laughs putting her phone in her bag once again. "Of course, that was... amazing. Like you"

y/n point of view.

Looking at the ground, my face turns pink again from his compliment. I don't care if I get yelled at when I get home. "Thank you Shoto"

----

We soon arrive at my home to see most of the lights still on. "Thank you again for coming with me" I grab the straps of my bag once again as we stand under the porch. "No, thank you. You have showed me there is more to life than being number one. I am forever grateful to you y/n" He leans closer to me and I feel my heart beat faster in my chest. We are mere inches away, closing my eyes I move in to close the gap. Suddenly the front door opens with lightning speed and I am pulled into a bone crushing hug from behind. "Y/N WE WERE SO WORRIED" My eyes snap open feeling my ear drums being blown out. Shoto looks disappointed for a moment before returning back to his expressionless face. "WHAT TOOOK YOU SO LONG YOUNG LADY?!" I flinch and wiggle out of the blond mans grasp. "I was just out for a walk with Todoroki and we got caught in the rain. That's all, I'm fine Hizashi" Aizawa appears in the doorway next. "I'm assuming he knows y/n?" Gesturing to him and Hizashi. "Yes, he's the only one who knows" He sighs. "Well if it had to be anyone, I'm glad It's him" Aizawa steps aside and so does Hizashi. "Come on, its late and you're soaked. Go get a warm shower and head to bed" Stepping into the house I turn around and wave goodbye to Todoroki and run up the stairs before I could hear them scold Todoroki. This had to have been the best day of my life.

----

Laying down on my bed Ena flops next to me and laughs. "I know you didn't hear it but Hizashi scolding poor Todoroki was the funniest thing I've ever seen" She laughs holding her stomach. "Like Todoroki was so calm explaining things and Mic was all like 'KEEPING A YOUNG LADY OUT THIS LATE SHOULD BE A CRIME' It was the best" She falls off the bed and onto the carpet floor with an 'oof' I start to laugh as she cry laughs hysterically. "I bet that was funny" Smiling, I look over to see the red and white rose in its glass on my night stand. I start thinking about us dancing in the rain again. We probably looked like total lunatics but I loved it. Then my phone goes off.

IcyHot💞: Goodnight Beautiful. I'll see you in a couple weeks.

My face goes red again.

Y/N: Goodnight. Can't wait to see you again.

I put my phone back on my nightstand and shut my eyes. Ena is back at the window again looking up at the stars. I lowly start falling asleep, the song 'Le Festin' playing over in my head over and over again.