24. Why me?

I slowly turn around and see the man with the insanely long teeth again. "Oh come on" Bakugo growls and his palms light up with explosions. "Hey, don't. They're after you Bakugo"
"I don't give a damn about what you say crazy. I'm going to kick some villain ass!" He smirks and runs up to the villain blasting at his teeth. I let out a sigh and run to join him but a hand stops me from doing so. "They're after you too. If he is here, there's no doubt they're going to try something" Todoroki looks at me with worried eyes. "I don't know what I would do with myself if you got hurt by the hands of one of them" My heart flutters at his words. "Shoto, I can fight perfectly fine. I appreciate it but I'm ok" I give him a smile, he looks hesitant but nods his head none the less. I reach up and lightly kiss him on the cheek before I go to join Bakugo in fighting the teeth villain. Bakugo's explosions are aimed towards his main body more than the teeth. We knock out the host, we take out the weapons. Ice walls are created around the teeth villain attempting to keep him in one spot. He breaks out of them with ease charging at Todoroki. Bakugo's explosions go off at his side making him turn and swat at him. My body shivers as I call strength into my legs. I want to attempt to run to the side of him and catch him off guard, but I'm suddenly unable to move. I hear a dark yet high pitched laugh and my body feels like its being pulled into something. My vision goes dark without me closing my eyes as I struggle to move. I hear the yelling of Todoroki and the cursing of Bakugo before it all goes quiet. I search around for something but only feel the small walls of the unknown place. "They're aren't any edges, am I in a ball?" Suddenly everything becomes bright and I shield my eyes with a hiss. "Well aren't you a smart one!" The man laughs. "Who the hell are you?" I bang my hand on the side of the ball as hard as I can. The giant face of a man in a mask appears outside of the ball. I gasp and step back. "So you're old Twice's kid?...You look just like your mother" My breath catches in my throat as he mentions her. "Shut the hell up and let me out of here" He laughs. "You know, he wanted nothing more than to keep you out of all this, and so did your mother"
"SHUT UP" I bang my fist once again on the wall. "Its too bad your old mans head went to shit and he killed her" Tears fall down my cheeks and my chest tightens. "Boss always did have a way of convincing people" He laughs once again. I fall to the ground clutching my chest. Is this a panic attack? "You know, with those powers, we would have loved to have you on the team. We have other plans for you though" Catching my breath for a moment I manage to speak. "That's why you want Bakugo... then why me.." I wipe my eyes and look back at the masked face. "Oh we have a different use for you don't worry" The walls turn black once again and I'm left alone in darkness. I lay my head on the ground and let a few tears escape. My mind flashes to Todoroki and how worried he must be right now. I told him I could handle myself... and look at me now.

----

Nothing happened for a few minutes but then in a flash the brightness returns and I could see outside the ball. Some of my classmates were standing around looking horrified. Midoriya looked in the worst condition but Todoroki looked the worst mentally. He was clenching his hands at his side, his left side was smoking like crazy. His eyes were wide and on the verge of crying, I could tell he was holding it all in. I was transported out of the ball and in an instant a hand goes around the back of my neck. I lock eyes with Todoroki and he runs forward reaching his hand out to me. I felt so useless, my body was frozen and I was unable to reach out to him. All I could muster to say was was "I'm sorry"

——

I'm pulled through a portal and my body was hit with cold air and the smell of mildew and alcohol. Before I can process what's happened I'm thrown into a hard chair and strapped in. I hear a grunt from beside me and my eyes travel to another chair beside mine with... Bakugo in it. "Weellcomeee children to the league of villains" A man with blue hair walked over to the bar table and sat on one of the stools, He's the one from the USJ. My eyes scan the room cautiously, I see a small girl with blonde hair in two buns holding a knife, a man with black hair and what looks to be purple burn marks or scars all over his body, behind the bar there is a... man that has purple mist all around him. He's also from the USJ. Then there's the one with the mask who brought me here, taking a closer look at him, he kinda looks like a creepy magician. Behind him I see the last person I wanted to see. "y/n.."
"Fuck off" I hiss at him. "Now now doll, that's no way to talk to your father now is it?" The one with blue hair speaks up. "Your.. what?" Bakugo finally speaks from his chair. "You lied to me..." He laughs and I feel the anger inside me bubble up. "Don't take it personally n/n, I lie to everyone" He still has that stupid black and white mask on. Without thinking I faze through the straps of the chair and lunge at my so called father. "KUROGIRI" Channeling power into my legs I jump over the portal and latch my legs around Twice's neck and use my body weight to throw him to the ground. He lets out a loud grunt as his head hits the concrete floor. Screaming I throw several punches to his head. One landing directly on his nose, breaking it. I'm pulled off of him by the man with the purple scars and thrown into one of the bookshelves roughly. The man with blue hair quickly pulls something out of his coat that looks like a gun and points it at me. "Don't move. You know what this is?" He tilts the gun to the side showing the bright liquid inside the bullet. "This will take your quirk forever. We were planning to use you but if this is how you're going to be... its honestly not worth the trouble" My heavy breathing is the only thing that could be heard in the small room. I can feel my wrapped knuckles throbbing through the bandages. I probably re opened one of my cuts. "Sit down dumbass..." Bakugo speaks in a low voice. My eyes travel to him sitting in the seat, but he refuses to look at me, hid eyes hidden by his hair. "You better listen to your friend..." I slowly make my way to my seat when he makes another comment. "Be a good doll and obey" My eyes snap to him and in two short movements my hands shoot up to the gun in his hands. He gasps and out of instinct shoots the gun. I close my eyes from the loud sound but feel someone push me out of the way. My arms shoot out to the ground to hold me up. I open my eyes to see Ena laying on the floor with the bullet in her shoulder. "ENA" I run to her fading body on the ground. "WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT" She puts on a smile and grabs my sleeve. "I finally had the chance to be your hero like you were to me" My vision blurs as I feel the words get stuck in my throat. Her grip on my sleeve leaves as her body fades into nothing. Tears like a waterfall flow from my eyes as I place my bloodied hand where her body was moments before. "I'm so sorry ghosty" I choke out. My body trembles violently. I lost her. The blue haired male yells and throws the gun. "That was the only one he gave me and I just wasted it!"

Bakugo's eyes were wide as he stared at the grieving girl just feet away from him. He had done nothing to stop it, but what could he have done?

----

I don't know how long I've been laying on the floor, it felt like minutes but the pain on my legs made it feel like hours. The villains continue talking to Bakugo about I don't even know what. "Dabi, take her to the other room"

He watched as she was approached by the man with many scars. He knew if that man put a hand on her she would snap, and they would probably kill her on the spot.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on her, hot topic" Bakugo's voice was deep. "I'm the one you want, just... don't do anything to her" Dabi stops in his tracks. "Shigaraki?" His voice comes out rough as gravel. My nails scrape at the ground where her body had been, puddles of my tears washing away the dirt and blood. "Well, well look who's come around to us!" Shigaraki snaps out of his rage fit and claps his hands together almost like a child would. "We should trust our newest member shouldn't we? Dabi" I look up at them and Shigaraki is pointing to the straps on Bakugo's chair. "Can we really trust him?" Dabi asks undoing the straps. Bakugo gets up from the chair and his hands light up with explosions. Before he could do anything, someone knocks on the door. "Pizza delivery!"