30. Lets Dance

I'm alive... sorta😅. Here's a an extra long chapter before I take a "Christmas break" 😙✌️

After an agonizing day of people gushing about the dance, it was finally here. Which brings me to the current situation of me standing in front of my mirror deciding which shoes to wear with my dress. I can hear my dads arguing in the background, their voices muffled by the walls of my room. "Gold... white... or black?" I say to myself switching them in front of me a couple of times. I sigh and throw the shoes onto the floor next to my bed and sit down with my head in my hands. Ena was always here to help me with this. "I say black," A voice says from my left. I slowly turn my head to see Aizawa standing in my doorway with his arms crossed. His black hair was pulled back into a bun with his bangs hanging from the sides, complementing his black suit. "Black goes with everything" I give him a quick smile before putting on the shoes and giving him a hug. "Thanks, dad" He seems stiff at first but quickly hugs me back, resting his chin on my head. "Sure thing kiddo, that's what I'm here for" We both walk down the stairs and hear the doorbell ring. "I'll get it," I say running to the door. I open the door to see Todoroki standing there with a little plastic box in his hands. His white coat complimented the light blue shirt and red tie he wore. How color coordinated. Even his hair was styled to the side, making the two colors collide on his right side. "Wow... you look gorgeous," He says taking a breath. "You don't look too bad yourself," I say with a smile. "I figured your other one was a little wilted so I got you this" He opens the box and pulls out a white rose corsage. He takes it out of the box and holds out his hand "May I?" I smile and put my hand In his. He slips the corsage on my wrist and kisses my hand. "How romantic!" I hear Hizashi say from behind us and a snapping of a camera. "Ok guys, can we go already?" I ask turning around with my arms crossed. "Alright, alright let's go"

----

Walking into the school felt different from all of the other days. The halls were bright and decorated with the themed colors of black, white, and gold, streamers and balloons hung from the ceiling swaying as we walked under them. "Wow, they really went all out with this one"
"Yea, they did" Me and Todoroki both look up in wonder at the scene as our hands find our way into each others. "You guys go ahead, we have to sign in" Hazishi puts a hand on my shoulder giving me a smile. We go our separate way, us heading into the crowd and them going to the office. We walk through the gold streamers hanging from the door and  are immediately hit with a wave of heat and the sound of blasting music. "Woh-" we take slow steps into the room and look over the sea of students dancing and laughing to the blaring music. Me and Todoroki share a look. "Oh no-" I give him a smile and pull him into the crowd laughing. I grab onto both of his hands and swing them as our bodies move to the music. "I've decided I will follow my heart- promise yours will always be right near me!" I basically yell the lyrics. Todoroki laughs with me as he closes his eyes and lets me move him to the beat. "Say good bye! I don't have the strength to let it all end- I would give all and everything if we could mend!"
"All I want was you to stay and not disappear-" He joins in. "I've decided I will follow my heart-
"Promise yours will always be right near me"
"Even in the darkest night-"
"I feel your heart-"
"It lights my way!" By the time the song ends, we're both out of breath, but we both have a smile on our faces. "Thank you Nate for that personalized song! Next up is The Mystery Skulls!" I gasp and look at the stage when the song comes on. "Oh I love this song!" Todoroki looks up as well. "Of course you do, it's called ghost" I laugh spinning once mouthing the lyrics. Todoroki looks at me with soft eyes before looking around. "I'm going to get a drink, would you like anything?" He tries to say over the music. "No, I'm good thank you!" He nods and makes his way over to the concession tables. I sway more to the music before spotting Uraraka sitting at a table in the far corner alone. She has a small water in her hands occasionally taking small sips from it. I push through the crowd and sit in the seat next to hers. "Hey, are you ok?" She looks up at me suprised. "Oh! y/n I didn't see you walk over. Yea I'm... I'm ok" She straightens the sleeves on her light pink dress nervously. "The girls didn't make you dance?" I point at the circle of class 1A and 1B girls dancing and laughing together. "Oh they tried" she laughs and puts a hand on her neck. "Where's deku?"
"Oh hell be back, he had to take care of something" I nod my head. "I'd just rather be here for a while. I'm not feeling too good at the moment" she gives me a smile. "I can stay with you if you want" She looks up and gives me a smile. "No that's ok y/n, I wouldn't want to keep you from Todoroki. Go have fun!" She lightly pushes my shoulder. I turn to get out of my chair when my dad comes into the room and quickly marches over to me. "Oh hey dad-"
"Outside. Now" He grabs my arm and pulls me to the doors. "Wait what?" He pulls me through the streamers and up the stairs to the roof. He finally lets go of my arm and starts pacing. "What the hell?" I rub my arm where he pulled me. "You lied to me" His voice is low and scary, completely different than an hour ago. "What do you-" He pulls out the letter from his jacket pocket and I go silent. "Remember this?" I stay silent looking at the note in his hand. "You didn't check in, you went home and went through my stuff"
"No? What about these?" He pulls out another thing from his other jacket pocket. It was a plastic bag with my hand wraps in it. "This isn't just your blood is it?" I look down at the ground refusing to say a word. "ANSWER ME" He yells and I flinch. I take a shaky breath and answer "No..." A sudden and uncomfortable silence falls over us. I raise my eyes and see his jaw clenched so hard he might crack a tooth. "You kept this from me! This is evidence!" I know he's talking about twice. "I didn't want to get him in trouble.."
"He is an evil man y/n!"
"He has no choice!"
"HES A VILLAIN"
"HES MY FATHER!"
"WHAT KIND OF A FATHER WOULD KILL HIS WIFE AND TORMENT HIS CHILD. TELL ME"
"HE NEVER TORMENTED ME! HE LOVED ME"
"TELL THAT TO ENA" I'm taken aback by his words as tears prick my eyes. "That wasn't his fault..." It was my turn for the voice crack now. "He was the one who got you in that mess in the first place. If he was even half a man he wouldn't have gotten you involved" He shoves the envelope and bag back into his pockets and takes a deep breath. "I'm taking this to the police station for analysis" Tears fall from my eyes like a waterfall as I speak. "Will you atleast let me read it first?" His head snaps in my direction and his face contorts into more than just anger. "LIKE HELL I WILL Y/N" He slams his hand down on the hand rail with such force that it bends in half. "After this dance. We're going home, and you will be under 24 hour surveillance until I see that you are fit to act your age"
"That's not fair!"
"I should have you arrested for this y/n" He walks past me and down the stairs leaving me alone on the roof. I stand there frozen looking at the bent railing. "TELL THAT TO ENA"
——
I make my way down from the roof after a while and go back to my spot with Uraraka. I didn't feel like dancing after what happened. "Hey-" She smiles and waves as I sit down in my original chair. The smile suddenly disappears from her face as she takes a look behind me. "What is it?" I turn my body to look but she holds my shoulders in place. "Um nothing!" Her voice cracks. "I just um..." I give her a confused look. "I saw... a fly. Yea it landed on your shoulder but I got it!" She laughs nervously and tightens her grip on my shoulders. "Uraraka..." I put my hands on hers and remove them from my shoulders. "y/n don't-" I turn my body to see Todoroki at the punch bowl with his hands all over another girl who I didn't recognize. I was gone for 10 minutes. He takes her by the hips and kisses her passionately. I feel this weight on my chest pulling me down. "I'm so sorry" Uraraka shrinks in her seat. The one person I thought I could trust. I stand up from my chair and walk over to him and the girl. I tap him on the shoulder and they both turn to me. "Welcome back y/n" Todoroki gives me a strange smirk. I tilt my head to the side and give him a right hook to the jaw making him fall over into the punch bowl, spilling it on his white suit. The music suddenly comes to a stop and all that can be heard is gasps and mummers from fellow classmates. I stand over him with a blank expression on my face. "Cęst la vi" He leans up on his elbow wiping blood from his mouth. I can feel the energy flowing through my body giving an unusually strong tingly sensation. I turn to the girl to see her horrified face. "Your- your eyes" It wasn't I till then that I realized I was using my quirk and my eyes turned white. Looking around at all of my classmates faces I realized what I had done. I look back down to Todoroki and almost see a flash of yellow in his eyes. So I turned transparent so they wouldn't see me break down and I ran.
——
I ran from the doors of the school and Into the empty street. I transfer energy into my legs and run a right from the convent store and onto the hiking trail. I run and run realizing I'm no longer transparent, feeling the leaves hit my face as I duck under branches. My legs ached with every step I took, them begging me to stop. Suddenly my legs give out from under me and I collapse on the dirt path trying to catch my breath. My eyes burn with more tears falling freely down my face. My knees ache as I push myself against a tree brushing the dirt off of my dress. Red blood drips down my legs from my knees as well as my hands. I look down at the corsage Todoroki gave me and rip it off my wrist. I stare down at the blood covered white rose and throw it as far as I could. "Still running from your problems?" My eyes snap up to a figure leaning against a tree across the path from me. I wipe my face with my arm and take a breath. "You're one to talk coward... hiding in the shadows" I push back trying to sound more confident than I actually was. The mysterious person laughs a deep raspy laugh. "Well touché" They step out from the trees shadow and onto the path, it was only then could I see the purple scars more clearly. Their tattered black jacket flew behind them in the wind as the moon cast light on their black hair. "It's you..."
"Please baby, call me Dabi" He dramatically bows. "You were one that helped capture Bakugo" I stand up from the ground and take a step closer. "You remember me, how sweet"
"You also threw me like a rag doll into a book case"
"You tried to kill your dad"
"He deserved it" He laughs once again. "That's not very heroic" I roll my eyes. He takes a step closer to me and puts a finger under my chin making me look at him. "You're too pretty to have this much pain" He tilts his head, his eyes scanning my face. "I wouldn't let this happen to you" What the hell does that mean? "You have to see it sweetheart. They don't care about you, they really don't" I force my chin out of his grasp and cross my arms. "How the hell do you know?"
"I've seen it, at the mall-" I look at him in shock. "Just now at the dance-"
"That-"
"He never cared about you, he was using you, they all take pity on you. Mic couldn't even confront you let alone look you in the eyes. You're a disgrace to them now. They don't want you. You scare them y/n. That girl at the dance was horrified" My breathing becomes harder as I recall the events from today. "That's... that's not true..."
"I'm sorry to tell you this, but you knew it from the start didn't you. You've always had these doubts and now that I'm confirming them, you refuse them"
"I- no..." My hands clutch my pounding head in attempt to make the voice stop. "I can make the pain stop, they won't be able to lie to you anymore. You will be safe with us"
"NO. You're a villain! You killed Ena!" I scream throwing a punch at his chest. Dabi catches my arm and spins me around so that my back is against his chest. "That wasn't our intention" His hot breath whispers in my ear. I struggle in his grip. "Doesn't mean it didn't happen"
"She died because of you. You couldn't listen and she paid the price" My head hangs, my body unable to fight back anymore. I didn't even have the energy to cry. "You can make it right, you can help fix the wrongs they have caused" Dabi turns me around to face him. His hand pulls my face up to meet his again and I can finally see into his blue eyes clearly. "You know who I am don't you" His hand glides to my cheek caressing it. His rough hand oddly felt nice against my skin and I felt myself unintentionally lean into it. "Touya" He slowly nods. "My father did this to me. The heroes did this to me" His blue eyes reflected so much pain, anger and sorrow. "My dad-"
"He loves you y/n. He never stops talking about you. He didn't kill your mother"
"He didn't?" He shakes his head running his fingers through my hair. "That was a lie your mother told you so that you would stay away from him. He only became a villain because he didn't have the money to give you the life you deserved" she lied to me. "Heroes lie y/n, but I would never" He pulls my head down to rest on his chest. "Come with me y/n, I can take all of your pain away. You would be with your dad again" My head is overflowing with thoughts of pain, rage, sadness. "I can be with my dad?" I pick my head up to look in his eyes. "You can be a family again" I felt a glimmer of hope rise in my chest. "I... ok...just please... make it stop" Dabi gives me a smirk as he leans down and places his lips on mine. I'm shocked at first but eventually close my eyes and accept it.

This is the beginning of a new chapter.