27: the perfect team

What'd you guys think of WandaVision for those who have watched it? ;) No spoilers please though. For me, I thought the setup and details of it were so impressive and properly placed. I just want more!!! T^T

• • •

Turns out the situation is worse than expected. The body Ultron is building holds something more powerful than anything we've ever seen. A gem, Dr. Cho said. One if mishandled can annihilate a whole city, no, the world. It was a recipe for human extinction. We had to bring it to Tony and Bruce.

Clint follows after the truck Ultron and his minions escaped in with the cradle holding the gem. From above, I see Steve and Bucky land on top of it, struggling to get inside as Ultron tries to blast them off.

"I've got a window gals," Clint says through the earpiece. Nat and I hop on individual bikes, waiting for Clint to open the hatch. Nat and I make contact, sending each other signals. "Two... one... go get 'em."

The exit opens wide and the two of us twist the handle, allowing us to accelerate out of the jet as we land on the road. My wheels slightly skid on the concrete ground compared to Nat who was clearly an expert. I regain balance and tailed behind, adjusting to the speed the Black Widow herself was going at.

The vehicle shows a tracker of Steve and Bucky so we use that to guide us to the truck. Smoothly swerving from car to car, Nat picks up Steve's shield in the middle of the road. "I'm always picking up after you boys."

"They're heading towards the overpass. Hard right." Clint guides.

"On it," I respond.

As Nat and I take a hard right, we squeeze through pedestrians all over the place. It was like running through a field of grass, it's almost impossible to avoid running over them. Fortunately, we managed to get past them clean, catching up to the blue truck from the lab. Steve and Bucky are fighting on the roof of the vehicle, surrounded by robots. Nat gives herself a boost, attempting to get inside but those damn robots blew up cars and threw explosives at us everywhere. She manages to dodge them anyway, swerving from left to right as I help her get through by shooting shards of ice at any robots coming after her. She gets in.

I follow in after her, going full speed into the truck and running straight towards the machine with glowing red eyes. I hit him, making him fall back from its impact. I took this chance to throw a hard punch at him. Bad idea. I had forgotten that the dude was literally made from metal. I wince in pain but had to recover immediately before Ultron could stand back up. But he's faster than me, he holds out his arm as his solid fingers start to glow bright orange. 

My eyes widen as I turn to Nat from the other side of the crate and shout, "Duck!"

Nat darts her head around, seeing Ultron about to shoot lasers out of his fingers. We both duck, feeling the strong heat right above our heads as Ultron only made it last for a few seconds before flying out of the truck and onto the roof. 

I hold on to my earpiece, "Steve, we have visual on the crate. But Ultron's coming to you."

I hear a thud from above as Steve's line clicks, barely able to give a few words out, "Get the cradle to Clint!" he says in a rush. 

At the same time, two more dummies enter the truck with us as they start to carry the crate out of the car. I blast out another long shard right into one of their chest, making it malfunction. But it continued to carry it as it staggered outside. By that time, the crate was already out of our hands. Nat grabs a hold of it as she flew outside the truck with them, her body dangling above the air.

"Nat, what are you doing?!" I call out to her. She ignores me, continuing to endanger herself. I curse under my breath, touching the tiny device tucked in my ear, "Clint, the cradle's gone airborne with Nat. Do you have eyes?"