28: faults, questions, and love

"I'm gonna say this once," Steve announces. "Shut it down."

Tony responds stubbornly, "How about no?"

"Tony you don't know what you're doing."

Bruce joins, interrogating Steve, "And you do? Are you sure she's not in your head?" He glares at the brunette-haired girl.

She defends herself, "I know you're angry, but we can't let you do this. We don't know what's in there."

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Banner, after everything... we're supposed to save people. Bringing this to life is just going against that. We're going against something we don't know." Steve says.

Tony reasons, "That's nothing compared to what's coming!"

Everyone seemed to join in the bickering, except Bucky and me. My eyes were only on him as he stood next to Steve but his mind was somewhere else. I tried to get his attention, hoping he would see my pleading gaze in the corner of his eyes, but he kept his eye locked on his feet. I knew he was trying not to look at me.

Just as they kept arguing as a blue flash sped around the cradle, and then all the monitors and machines shut down. Dumbfounded, we all turned to the person responsible for it. The girl's twin drops the wires from his hands, "No no, go on. You were saying?" All of a sudden, a loud bang fired, and the boy comes crashing down through the glass floor.

Clint walks over to where he fell, looking at him with a smirk from above as he held a gun by his side, "What? You didn't see that coming?"

As if nothing happened, Tony goes back to his monitors, "I'm rerouting the upload."

Steve had to stop him, so he throws his shield around each computer, wrecking them completely as it bounces on every one of them. In anger, Tony suits up his hands, fighting fire with fire. He blasts out lasers from his palm, hitting Steve directly on his chest as he flies back and lands painfully on his back. Bucky picks up Steve's shield and aims it at Tony as hard as he could.

In the next second, everything falls apart. Everyone fell apart, throwing punches and sending each other through windows. It was like I was watching children fight. This is exactly what Ultron wants.

Nat tries to stop them, slapping Clint's built arms as he comes after the kid, "Clint, snap out of it! He's just a kid! You guys are acting like children!"

I ran up to Steve before he could charge at Tony once again. Out of everyone, those two are the most capable of ruining each other. They are opposites after all. "Steve, stop it!" I grab his arm, "This is exactly what Ultron wants, for us to ruin each other!" He ignores me, pushing my arm off of him, and charging at Tony.

I hear a thud from behind, and I see Thor appear out of nowhere. Everyone stops at their places and watch Thor as he jumps on top of the cradle, summoning shards of lightning from his hammer, charging it as he passes it onto whatever was inside of the box.

Silence falls once Thor completed his task. He stands and waits above the cradle, only to be met by the burst of it, sending him flying back across the room and onto the hard ground. We all flinch back when a red-figure floats from the cradle as it kneels above its cage. No one could believe their eyes as Ultron's creation comes to life. Fear sinks in amongst all of us.

The AI slowly stands up, observing his new surroundings and his newborn self. "I'm sorry, that was... odd." He turns to Thor, "Thank you."

"I've had a vision." Thor begins to answer our curiosities, "A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that gem. It's the Mind stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." He points at the yellow stone placed at the center of the newborn's forehead.