Chapter 8: Quirk Training & Personal Royal Guards

3rd Pov:

It has been only a week so far but Izuku was starting to get used to the Royal Palace. He would though sometimes sneak into the kitchen and cook his own meals without anyone knowing about it. He did get caught a few times and the staff gave him a 'why are you taking our jobs?' look. Izuku hated getting those looks! He was so used to cooking and doing everything on his own that he was having trouble relying on all of these people now. His parents did set him up with a therapist that works for the Royal Family. They normally work with the Royal Guards since the family doesn't exactly see combat or fighting much since the family does all of the political work and foreign diplomacy. 

However, due to Izuku's past, the therapist for the Royal Guards was assigned to Izuku to help him handle his mental health issues. They knew Izuku had at least some due to the panic attack he had on the first day. As such, they hope he would be able to make some progress as his life goes on in a better home situation. Izuku did like to watch the Royal Guards train. They were interesting, to say the least since they did not rely on quirks to fight. To them, the quirks can be a hindrance to their job since the Royal Guards of the palace are near the family and can't use their quirks all of the time. Instead, they rely on swords, guns, and quirkless combat. 

Izuku though wanted to get his quirk under control so he could understand how to use it. He still wished to save people and he still had some of the desire to do so physically. As such, he had talked to his parents and they reluctantly agreed to train him with that idea in mind so if he ever found someone in danger while out he could help. They made him promise to let his guards or other people handle it first before he stepped in. The reason Izuku could step is wasn't the fact that he was a prince but due to the empire laws. 

The empire embraced quirks in their daily lives for the most part. If you used it for crimes then you were arrested like anything else. However, you could apply for a quirk usage permit that would allow an individual to use their quirks in their individual life outdoors. As such, if you had a wing quirk that allowed you to fly then you didn't have to be in law enforcement to fly. You just had to pay the annual fee for the quirk permit and stay within the rules and regulations. For someone that could fly, they were not permitted to fly into other people's homes, balconies, or fly too far into the sky where planes would be or fly near airports. Otherwise, they could fly anywhere else they wanted to. If you had a speed quirk then you could use it to get to work faster than public transport if you had a permit. You were also allowed to step in and help people that were attacked. You could not go out and purposely search for crimes but if you walked past an alleyway then you could stop a mugger if you felt comfortable doing so. If you purposely went looking for crimes then you would be arrested as a vigilante. 

Overall, the empire was far more relaxed on their quirk-use laws. Izuku being a prince didn't require him to have a permit since he was apart of the Royal Family and most laws exclude them expect things like murder, rape, robbery. Otherwise, Izuku could go or do about anything as long as it didn't cause problems for other people. Then his parents and the council would crack down on him. 

Izuku decided to leave the Royal Guards training and go talk to his parents. His parents told him that he would start quirk training soon but he would also be assigned personal Royal Guards that would be with him for almost all things he needed. These men would come from the Palace guards since they are the strongest and most of the time longest serving guards they have. As such, they would be able to protect Izuku the best. After about a five-minute walk, Izuku arrived at his mother's office where she spends most of her day if she doesn't need to go leave for any events. He knocked on the door and was called in. "Ah, Sweetite. Perfect timing. We were about to have someone bring you to us. We've picked out the fireteam of Royal Guards that will be assigned to you." Izuku's mother Mary stated. Izuku walked in and saw his father and four other individuals standing there in Royal Guard outfits.