Chapter 25: Royal Audience Pt 2

3rd POV:

All Might sat there in the throne room. He didn't know what to think as he had just heard that the prince... his former protege had struck a compromise to not fight Shiga... Tenko anymore. 'Does he not plan to uphold his duty as the bearer of One For All and stop All For One?' All Might thought a bit displeased but that was an issue. He was seeing Tenko as the second coming of All For One when the empire and the Paranormal Liberation Front understood he wasn't. All Might glance over to the prince and tried to get a read on him after hearing that entire speech from the other side but no emotions were being displayed on any of the royal family members' faces. 'He surely has gotten better at hiding his emotions unlike in the past.' thought All Might. As All Might was in his own thoughts, the other members of his delegation were in their thoughts as well as they had recovered from that speech that Tenko Shimura had just given. Nezu himself was calculating the odds of them winning this and it was slightly out of their favor right now. They need to be able to win in the question segment. However, Nezu hoped there weren't any unplanned surprises that they don't know about that get revealed. 

The students themselves were wondering about the story of One For All and All For One. The fact that there were quirks that could be passed on and have been fighting for two centuries was a shocking fact that they had to adjust their minds around. Bakugo himself was surprised that Izuku had reached a compromise with Tenko and was trying to figure it out. The problem was he was still viewing everything as a hero versus villain and that the villains need to be stopped but that viewpoint would come under attack soon. There was also one thing that stuck out to everyone and that was the fact that the empire didn't have a hero system? They have seen people going around and saving people and stopping others so how isn't there a hero system when they saw it themselves. The government officials from Japan explained it to the heroes and hero students. The empire used the empire guards in the place of the heroes more or less and they didn't get incentivized as heroes do in Japan or other nations. As such, they are just law enforcement that is a branch of the police that under good more training than normal police officers. 

The Royal Family had given them 5 minutes to prepare some questions before the questioning side of this debate would start. It would start with a question from the Royal Family and both sides would be able to answer, then the Japans delegation would ask a question of the Paranormal Liberation Front or the Royal family is they so dare to, and then it would be the Paranormal Liberation Front turn to ask a question and it would keep going around in a circle like this until the Royal Family felt they had enough information to deliberate for a decision. The five minutes passed quickly with everyone in their own thoughts and it was time to start.

The Royal Family had the first question and it seemed the Prince was going to ask it. "Delegations, each side stands here claiming and denouncing the other side. My question is what will happen to the other opposing party once either side wins this war?" Izuku asked. Everyone was confused about this question but the Royal Family had a hidden motive behind this. The empire sees everyone like family and is to be protected. Life shouldn't' be so easily lost or overly punished if they are still redeemable. As such, they want to see where the two sides stand in regards to punishing the opposing party at the end of this war and anyone that supported it. Will they execute the leaders of the opposition? Throw them in jail? Exile them? or will they just have them return to normal life as normal humans? That was the hidden motive behind this question to see where each side stood in their morals regarding this situation though the Royal Family had an idea of where Japan was standing at. 

The Japan delegation sent the ambassador up and he started to talk. "They would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of our laws. They are a villain organization that is threatening the entirety of Japan and will be dealt with under our laws as such. Even the lower members will be charged to the fullest penalty under the law. There is no other route except to do it this way. We cannot allow or entertain them walking away free from any of this." Stated the ambassador and it was the response everyone had believed he would say.