Chapter 14: Orphanage Case & Events in Japan

3rd Pov:

It was time for the next semester to start and it would be the last semester of Izuku's second year. This also meant that Leon would graduate this semester and enter the Empire Guards. It was decided though that he would split a portion of his time working in the royal palace to get him adjusted to the daily life of the palace and the work he would be undertaking in the future due to the fact that when Izuku's becomes 18 at the end of his final high school year, they would get married and Leon would transition into the Royal Palace full time. This means that Leon would start undertaking all of his duties as a prince since he would be married into the Royal Family and be called Prince Leon Westwin at that point in time and he would become the supporting ruler with Izuku as the main ruler and they both would be called Emperor in the future.

Leon easily agreed to this and was thanking the fact that his family had taught him a lot of basic administrative work as apart of his education when growing up so it would be easier to adjust to the transition. He was a bit sad that he wouldn't be an Empire Guard for a long time but planned to keep training to ensure he could protect himself and Izuku if he ever needed to in the future. Also, since his quirk relies on how strong and skilled he is as an individual. Izuku apologized for more or less ripping him away from his desire to be an empire's guard and Leon just told Izuku it didn't matter much. "I was going into that to save and help people. As the future ruler with you in the future, I can make a large impact far greater than I could as an empire's guard. As such, you don't need to feel like you ripped something away from me." Stated Leon as he placed a kiss on Izuku's cheek.

They were also informed of when Izuku's first public appearance would be. It was decided that it would be held during the summer break. This way Izuku could focus solely on the event and not school. Leon's engagement to Izuku would also be announced at the event as well so no one would try setting him up with anyone.

In other news, the case regarding the orphanage and old nobles is moving forward. They were able to track down those that were really adopted and confirmed those that weren't. They had royal guards search any city that the kids were in if they weren't confirmed to have been actually adopted as claimed. They did end up finding most of the kids but sadly some did die on the streets. This meant those individuals who were involved were now responsible for murder charges. This news made the case all that more important.

So far they have gathered a lot of evidence against around half of the none knighted old nobles. They were wanting to get some more before they arrested everyone but at this point, they had enough to arrest them all for a list of crimes. Such crimes currently are murder, misuse of public funds, embezzlement, corruption of public office, child neglect, child endangerment.

All of these crimes could lead them all to life imprisonment and revoking of their old noble status. The family not involved would keep any assets that were left after recovering the stolen funds since they know how much was stolen by each old noble house. The family knew there would be public outrage and they were glad they had found it first. This allows them to control the flow of information and maintain law and order.

After a few more weeks passed, the Royal Guards made their move. A handful of the criminals were apart of the government agencies in charge of monitoring the orphanage. This was how they hid their crimes for the past two years since they started. Others owned businesses and their offices were stormed. All of these arrests caught public attention and questions were being asked. The Royal family put out a statement that shocked everyone. The statement read the following, "As of roughly one month ago, his highness the Prince was alerted to the fact that children were living on the streets. This prompted him to take action and bring it to the attention of the empress and emperor who brought the old noble house Blakewell to the Royal Palace. The Blakewell family was investigating unofficially already since they were the ones that alerted the prince who escalated the issue and provided the Royal Guards involvement to speed the investigation up and find all criminals involved. It became clear that a large number of the none knighted old nobles were involved in running a criminal enterprise in their orphanages by falsely their records by claiming children were adopted when they were in truth thrown into the streets. A list of charges will be submitted which does include the charge of multiple murders due to some children's deaths in the streets." Stated the statement from the Palace. People were disgusted by the crimes but pleased by how the Royal family acted in handling the situation. They were also happy that the Prince was taking charge of the situation that he was involved in.