Chapter 30: Awake & Recovery

3RD Pov:

Izuku was already out of surgery and it has been 5 hours since he was shot. The medicine that they used to put him under should be wearing off of him now and he should hopefully wake up on his own. That is the key part of his recovery is his waking up. The doctors expressed their concerns due to the stress that the bullet wound caused his body. The stress put extra force on his lungs and heart which ended up making him flatline once. As such, they could only wait for him to wake up on his own.

Another two hours passed and it was now night time. A large vigil had been gathered outside the royal palace. Everyone around the empire was awaiting the news of the prince and his fate. The palace did release the fact that they know that it was the Hero Commission of Japan that was directly responsible for the attempt on the prince's life and they have all been detained by the old government of japan and they have surrendered to the Paranormal Liberation Front. It was declared that once everyone who had a part in the matter from the commission and/or the old government officials, then they would be transferred back to the empire to be executed. The Empire refused to negotiate on this matter and the citizens of the empire agreed. It was either hand over the responsible parties to be executed or the empire would invade to gather all old government officials and be ruthless in their methods. The empire citizens didn't care that the old government had already surrendered to the Paranormal Liberation Front, they wanted those responsible for this and they wanted them dead.  After another hour of waiting they received the news. The public was in joy as the prince had awakened from his sleep and was deemed in no longer critical condition.

Now, it was time to deal with the Japan Delegation. That is how Leon found himself standing in the holding cell area with the emperor. "Your attempt to kill my son has failed." Emperor Francis said with a smirk. The commission's officials paled since they had done this all for nothing now. The question is now why did they do it. The answer was a disappointing one. The officials blamed the prince for not helping Japan even though he had lived in Japan for so long. The idiots thought that he had some good life in Japan and had turned his back on them. However, Leon told them what Izuku's life was like and they paled. "So, please tell me why would he ever outright help the old government out of the goodness of his heart without the empire gaining something from it?" Leon asked. They were silent. Soon the emperor had enough. "The old japan government is no more. The Paranormal Liberation Front now controls all of Japan as their military force has spread across the remaining land of the old government and is stabilizing the country as we speak. The commission officials back in Japan have been turned over to the Paranormal Liberation Front and the old government officials have surrendered as well. The moment everything is cleared up and all guilty parties are found you will be executed. Those not involved will be allowed to return to Japan under the leadership of the Paranormal Liberation Front. The Empire has officially recognized the Paranormal Liberation Front as Japan's sole government authority and has turned the Japanese embassy over to them officially. Do any of you have any questions?" Emperor Francis asked. All Might, Mirio, and all of the others asked if they would be released to the custody of the Paranormal Liberation Front soon since they were not involved in the attempt. 

The emperor was silent for a moment and that scared them. "We've requested the assistant of Shinso from the Paranormal Liberation Front delegation. You will all willingly go under his quirk and answer questions. If it's determined you indeed have no part in this attempt you will be handed over to your embassy. The Paranormal Liberation Front delegation is waiting upstairs and guards will be down here soon to take you into questioning rooms to start the process." Emperor Francis stated before he and Leon walked away. 

Soon they found themselves in a medical room for recovery. The room had a bed and other medical devices but it also had a bathtub looking thing that had medical liquid in it. This liquid helps speed up the body's recovery. For a description of the liquid abilities, it's more or less like recovery girls quirk in that it speeds up someone's recovery but unlike hers, it doesn't consume their stamina since the liquid is infused with all the needed nutrients and energy that the body will use when the liquid covers the body. The doctors have Izuku placed in the liquid to help his body recover from the wound and expect him to be 100% healed with only a lot of soreness and stiffness remaining for several days. Leon walked up to the tub and saw his lover floating in the liquid. "Hello, my sneaky little rabbit.... we need to cut down on the number of times you get shot since one is far too many." Leon joked. Izuku just laughed lightly since he was still tired from the surgery.