Chapter Thirty-Nine

~~~

When I woke up, I shot up and screamed. A nightmare playing over in my head. My skin was baking in the heat, and tears seemed to flow with no stop. Sitting in my bed to see my rundown cabin. " It was just a dream. Your fine. Everyone is fine."

I lay back, trying to control my breathing. After a few minutes of wiping tears away I sat up and grabbed my duffle bag. Since I went to sleep as soon as I hit the pillow, I didn't change so I decided to wear the clothes I had on yesterday. I put my hair up in a bun since I was becoming a sweaty mess since the insolation was coming apart and the sun and the heat waves rolled in with little to no stopper, it was a million degrees in here.

I got outside to which it was a bit cooler and got into the water. Making sure I didn't get wet I put the handle of my duffle bag around my shoulders so it was hugging my back vertically. I dove into the water and then I swam and drifted my way to camp. I needed to train so that I can protect myself and my family. But one thought was drifting through my head, and I wasn't totally against it.

We lost. Because you wouldn't give yourself up.

That wouldn't be such a bad idea. I would just have to spend the rest of my life in Tartarus while they lived freely and could get over me. Sure they would be sad for a bit, but they would be alive. But living in hell on Earth.

I hopped out of the water and landed on the sand on the beach. I scared two people that were in a canoe next to where I shot up at. Laughing slightly as the fell into the water.

Putting my bag in my cabin after a short walk, then I changed into a camp shirt then left. A few of the campers waved at me, seeing they all know me now. The main person of three shitty prophecies.

I trekked my way to the training arena, pulling out a dummy and putting it in the corner of the room. I started to attack it. Slashing, stabbing and slicing. Every time I would get tired, I stopped slashing my sword then I would push myself to use a dagger and do more of a close up fight. I felt people leave and come, watching me or ignoring me. At one point Jason and Piper came in and stood there and haven't left.

Jason came up to me, careful of the blade I was wielding, " Percy."

I didn't want to stop, I needed to get stronger. But I glanced at him, making eye contact then looking away, so he knew I heard him.

" Percy you need to stop." Jason said.

Jason sighed, the looked at Piper. I blocked out any noise and focused on my breathing. I tuned her voice out as much as I could, just hearing her voice mumble. I felt my hits slow down, which meant my body was listening to her. I growled, then took note of where she was standing. I slowly made in arch in her direction, " Shut up!"

Piper back up, but didn't look super scared. Jason still pushed her back more and put himself between me and her.

" I don't want to stop. I don't need to stop! I need to protect you!" I growled. I was about to swing at the dummy again, but a strong gust of wind pushed me back. My sword clattered to the ground behind me as my back hit the wall. Exhaustion hit me so I could barely get up. But I did. I limped over to my sword and picked it up.

Jason stood there with his arms crossed, " Let's go eat, dinner just started."

" I need to practice." I mumbled, trying to walk around him but he had me in his grip.

" Piper." He said.

Piper nodded, " Percy, put away your sword."

My weak mind, listened to the charm speak, as I put the cap back on Riptide, " I hate you."

Piper smiled, as well as Jason. We all started to walk to the dinner hall when my legs gave out. Jason sighed but then gave me a piggy back ride. He sat me down at a table with the seven besides Andrew. After Andrew broke up with me, he never talked to them and never even looked at me. I pushed the plate, which filled up with pizza, to the side and laid my head down in my arms.

" Hey, Perc," Three people chorused together.

I simply nodded my head, not having the ability to do anything else. Jason once again sighed, " Percy, you need to eat."

" Fight me." I murmured.

" I don't want to fight you. Just eat the pizza." Jason almost rolled his eyes, even though I couldn't see him. He was still too stuck up to do that.

" Percy, eat your pizza." Piper convinced.

I picked my head up, then grabbed my pizza and took a bite, " I feel like this is becoming an abuse of power."

" How else are we supposed to get you to eat, water girl?" Leo grinned, finished with his tacos now tinkering with pipe cleaners.

Nico sat down on the other side of me. Hazel frowned, " You haven't been eating? That's not good for you."

I rolled my eyes, took another bite and put the pizza down, " Can I go back now?"

Jason shook his head, " You need to finish your pizza."

I groaned and put my head back in my arms. Can't they see I just wanted to save them? If the first hour of fighting doesn't go well, I'm going to give myself up. That's a promise I intend to keep.

" Where does she want to go?" Nico asked.

" Train." Piper and Jason answer together.

" She's been there all day. No breaks. No nothing." Frank shook his head.

" She's going to work herself to the bone." Hazel looked down sadly."

" She's also right here." I mumbled.

" So, let her. You can put her to bed when she's passed out." Nico shrugged. I picked my head up, then gestured to him, see?

Jason lightly glared at Nico, " No. Percy, finish you pizza."

" Okay, Dad." I rolled my eyes then took another bite. Then another. After I finished my pizza I was about to get up when Chiron came up to me.

" Percy, you have a phone call."

" From who?" I asked.

" Your family." He frowned," They seemed worried."

" Tell them I call them back." I walked away before he could say anything else. I went back to training and ignoring anyone came up to talk to me.

1140 word

1/6/20

Yeah, I was bored last chapter and I honestly had no idea where to take it so I was mean lol. But this is definitely going to be the last part, not chapter but part.

Pieces angels and stay safe.