Chapter Thirty-One

~~~

It had been a week since I had left the team, and my phone attracted so many monsters before I turned it off that I've had to kill thirty monsters. The week consisted of making weapons, training the new kids and trying to warn the gods, but not much sleeping or eating. Not that I could keep anything down.

I was in the med bay helping the Apollo kids stalk up and take stock. I had an armful of gauze when Jason ran in, " Percy, it's Rachel! She's giving a prophecy!"

Panic ran through my veins. I didn't want to be apart of another prophecy. I wanted to go live with Wally and make a difference is a person's life that doesn't live forever. I ran outside to see Rachel sitting on a stool, green smoke coming from her mouth and her eyes glowing green. She opened her mouth, and a cold, raspy, old voice said,

The bridge between worlds can defeat the foe
Good or bad, one must fall very low
To be trapped in fire for all eternity
And sacrifice their 'undying' loyalty
Only then will they break the shackles
And be free of the endless tackles

Rachel slumped forward, but Jason caught her. Voices broke out and the noise grew, as the noise grew I dug my nails deeper into my arms. I knew the second verse, ' To be trapped in fire for all eternity.' It meant Tartarus, and I didn't want to go back. I felt arms pull me away from the crowd, then set me on a seat inside the big house. Jason and Piper pried my fingers off my now bloody arms and called Will in.

" Do you know what any of it means?" Jason asked, looking at me like he would a wild animal.

" Yeah, the second verse. That's referring to Tartarus. Who ever loses goes down there for eternity. But I have no idea, the bridge between worlds? What worlds?" I try to take my mind off the second verse. And undying loyalty that's broken, what if that means I'm so afraid of Tartarus that I'm willing to let someone else fall down there. I shutter at the thought making Will look up at me from splashing water on my arms. After he was done, Will left.

" Maybe Chiron knows?" Piper said, she shrugged and sat down on the couch next to me.

" He's at Olympus right now, so how knows." Jason said, sitting in the chair next to the couch, holding Pipers hand.

" I think I should head back to Wayne's. They're probably worried sick." I sigh. I didn't want to go home and explain but I didn't want to stay here with reminders of the upcoming war and the prophecy, " I don't know what I'm going to tell them, it's like two completely different worlds."

I froze, and so did everything else. Jason looked like he was solving a math equations in the sky behind his glasses. " Do you think...?"

" No, it's not that easy. It's never that easy." I lied. I didn't want Wally and my family to know about camp and what I had done. Where most of the scars actually came from and the people I let die.

" Sometimes it is that easy. It was easy to pick seven half-bloods." Piper shrugged again.

" I think it is that easy." Jason almost whispers. He knew I didn't want to hear it, but I needed to hear it.

" I know." I look down, wanting to cry. I didn't want to be in this war, I didn't want to go to Tartarus, I didn't want to have to talk my family and Wally where I'm from. I just want to live a normal life with Wally and my family. Well, as normal as it can be.

" Hey," Jason said, standing up and pulling me into a hug, " We'll be alright. I won't let you go down there again. I promise."

" We promise." Piper said and hounded the hug. I kept thinking about the promises that can be broken.

" Thanks." I said, clearing my throat, " I should go there and warm them, then."

" Maybe wait, for Chiron to get to discuss it and see if they are apart before you tell them."

" Tell who what?" Chiron asks, now in the door way.

~~~

I got off of Black Jack, not wanting to do this. I gave Black Jack the last donut, and watched as he flew into the sky. He had flew me to the Manor, so I was standing outside the door. Sighing, I pulled all the courage I had, then walked up to the door.

We had decided that they were a part of the prophecy and, once again, I was the main character in a horrible, horror book called my life. I didn't want to involve them, because the more they know the more danger they are in. I couldn't have more blood on my hands. Especially my brothers and Bruce's. I'm pretty sure Alfred would be fine since he's a minor god. I dragged my feet up the steps and knocked on the door. I had some extra clothes in a duffle bag on my shoulder that I fiddled with the strap. After a few second I wanted to turn around and run. I was gone for a week, it would be better if they never know what's going on. But then the door opened.

Bruce stood in the doorway, looking horrible. He had bags under his eyes, his hair was greasy and he was still in his robes. Bruce is never in his robes after nine in the morning, and it was one. He stared at my blue converse, blinking the at light, then his eyes found my face, " Percy?"

" Hey, Bruce." I shrug and look down and try to avoid his eye contact.

His whole face lit up, most of the tiredness went away and a lot of life was brought back into his eyes. He ran into hug me held me tight as if I would disappear if he didn't hold onto me. When I hugged him back, the dam broke. The stress and exhaustion of the week took over and I started crying into his shoulder. We fell to the ground, as she shushed and cooed me as I broken down. " I don't want to go back."

" Your alright, you don't have to go back." Bruce was obviously confused but hid it well. He rubbed my back until I calmed down. Then we went inside.

Where I got tackled by Dick and Tim, hugged by Alfred, punched lightly and hugged by Jason. I got a nod from Damian but he seemed to smile slightly. Wally, after I asked Dick to call him, almost cried when he saw me. He hugged me tight and I hugged him back, I missed his hugs.

After we all got calmed down, I stood up and went to the center of the living room, " I have something to tell you."

1172 words

9/21/20

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! It's been a long time hasn't it? Does anyone think they know what's gonna happen?

Also I was going to update Friday but I went camping and didn't have service but tubing was fun.

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe