Chapter Thirty

~~~

I was blown back by Hunter, but flipped and landed in the superhero pose, ironic really. Pushing myself back up and running to roundhouse kick the man. His head snapped to me, smiling, crinkling his eyes that flashed gold. His gold eyes were overthrown with hatred, " Perseus. You and I both know you can't stop me this time."

I stopped dead in my tracks. I knew those eyes anywhere. Fear flooded my veins, then anger. Pulling out Riptide I stabbed him in the chest, he only laughed. He knocked me away with the force of the ten foot gods he had. The cut healed almost instantly.

" Hunter, you know he'll kill you! No matter how much power he gives you, he'll always end up killing you!" I landed on my side after skidding to a stop.

I noticed all the punches and hits stopped. Looking around I saw everyone frozen, while Wally was moving slowly. I turned around looking at my friends, " What are you doing to them."

" I'm not doing anything to them. I slowly time all together. So we can have this little chat." He smiled at me.

He is a lot more powerful then he was last time. I turned around to look at him, " What do you want this time?"

" I want the same thing as last time; to see Olympus fall. So I can rule." He said, then around looking north.

" You can rule Olympus when no one is there to rule over. You'll kill everyone, the world would be gone." Fear runs through me, as a slight pain in my sides begins.

" I know. That's the plan." He sneered at me, then a car flew my way. Slashing through the metal with Riptide, it landed in two parts beside me.

" Who will you rule?" My breathe was getting heavy from dodging cars. Then I was frozen while a car was thrown at me. I couldn't move away from the car. Then the car stopped two feet from my face, breaking the social distancing rules.

" That's a good question. But with me as King of Olympus, I will have control of the Doors of Death and the underworld. I will let the dead roam free, but only if they abide to me hand. If not they will leave in constant fear like this. See if you move a muscle the car will speed up and you will," he paused, " well?"

" We will defeat you, we've done it before and we'll do it again." I growled out.

" How are you supposed to plan my defeat when you'll be with my good friend Tartarus?"

" No." I gasp.

He smiled at me, the car dropped straight down. Then he disappeared. Two cars, a bird-a-rand, a blur and an arrow hit an empty spot. I fell my knees, my hands shaking. I needed to tell someone. I put two fingers in my mouth and let out a taxi whistle. The other were confused on where he went while Wally rushed over to me.

" Orca, are you okay?" Wally asked.

I nodded, " I have to go."

" What?" He asked. Black jack landed next to me, offering to get donuts.

" Tell Wonder Woman to go to camp. Tell her Percy sent her." I climb on and tell him to fly.

~~~

As soon as Black Jack landed, I hopped off. Ripping my mask and hood off. A few camper ran over to me, I ignored them, " Where's Chiron?"

" In the big house." I turn around go thank him, it was Andrew. Then it wasn't. It was just his brother. I nodded my head in thanks.

Running to the big house I slam the doors open. Jason looked at me, then did a double take. " What the heck are you wearing."

I ignored him and his question and ran through the house. " Chiron?!"

Muttering under my breathe, " Where the hell is he?"

" Child, what do you need?" Chiron asked.

I turned around, my stomach turned at thought of saying these words, " He's back."

Chiron stumbled back. Putting his hand on the wall for support. Jason and Piper appeared around the doorway, " Wait, who's back. Who's he?"

I wanted to puke, the thought of going back to Tartarus. " Kronos. He's coming back."

~~~

Wonder Woman landed and walked calmly to us, completely ignoring the chaos around us. They were all training while the Apollo kids and Hephaestus made arrows and swords. " So, it's true? He's back?"

" Yes." I nod, I crossed my arms to hide the shaking.

Wonder Woman looking at me, eyeing me. Her eyes watched me for a little longer before she moved on to the camp chaos around us. I had changed out of my suit and into a camp tee and a pair of jeans. The pain in my side was back again and my mind was going a mile a minute. I heard Chiron and Dinah keep talking but I wasn't listening.

I didn't want to go back to Tartarus, I didn't want to have another war. Yeah, I still fight crime, but it's different. All wars I partake in, are for the good of the gods. The crime is for the good of the people.

" Percy. May I speak with you a minute?" Dinah said, pulling me aside as Chiron excused himself to go check on weapon making. We walked away from the middle of camp and to the back of the big house.

I sat down in the grass and started picking at it. Dinah sat next to me, just siting in silence for a little bit. After a little bit, Dinah spoke up. " Do you want to talk about it?"

" He..." I trailed off after my voice broke, " He said he was going to torture everyone and he said he was going to send me back to T-"

I broke down in sobs, my vision blurring so much the strawberry fields and the sky mixed together. Dinah pulled me into hug and just rubbed my back. " He will never send you back there. I promise you. We'll fight him and win."

She pulled my face up to met her eyes, wiped my tears away with her jacket sleeve, " I promise you."

1036 words

9/04/20

Dude I'm officially a freshman. Yay. School sucks. Sorry I didn't update sooner, but ooh I have so much so say but I don't want to waste y'alls time so y'all have a good day.

Also the pain in the side is just stress and nothing lethal, I promise.

Pieces Angels and stay safe