Chapter Fourty-Two

~~~

The ride home was stressful. I rode back in Black Jack, while they took the jet. My stress was starting to go up, while a light pain in my chest arose. I grabbed Black Jack's mane tightly, without pulling on it, with one hand, while rubbing my chest with the other. It wasn't super painful, but it was uncomfortable.

When I landed I gave Black Jack a spare sugar cube I had deep in my backpack. Walking in into the house, I felt my tension get thick. Something drew me away from the four boys in the living room and into the bat cave. Bruce sat at the computer, typing away at his computer. My throat got tight, " Hey, Bruce."

He turned around in his swivel chair, " Percy, we need to talk."

I nodded, " I figured as much."

I walked forward and took the other swivel chair that was tucked under the desk. He waited patiently, as I stared at him, " I want to be civil about this, and I want to speak before you say anything. Alright?"

I nodded, " Alright."

Bruce took a deep breath in, " I wanted to start off with saying... sorry. You don't owe me anything and I shouldn't have pushed you. You were obviously upset and you needed time to yourself. But we do have to set up some rules. You can't come and go as you please. You need to talk to me about this stuff, please. I'm not asking you to spill your whole life story again, I'm just saying you need to be more clear about your plans.

" I know you haven't had a good guardian since your mom, and I'm sorry. I know earning your trust is hard, I get that. But I need a bet more. And now that I've learned that you have over worked yourself, starved yourself and wound up with a dream injury, that just sit right with me." Bruce took another breath, then looked into my eyes, " I'm not trying to be controlling. I just want to make sure your okay."

It took a full minute, maybe two, for me to take it all in, " Can I talk now?"

He seemed a bit hesitant and scared of my response, but nodded. I nodded as well, " I'm sorry. I'm just not used to people caring about me. I know you know my story so I'm going to save the sob story. I still find it weird that care enough to notice I've been gone a week, or a day."

I was at a loss of words. I had no idea what to say. Bruce didn't seem like the guy to do this often. Probably never. He seems like the guy to let you do whatever you want until your close to death or messing up his plans. " I know, and I hope that I'm not being controlling, I just don't want to see you hurt."

" I know." I sighed, then decided to do something that was risky, hug him, " I'm sorry I'm always running away. It's not fair to you."

" It's okay, just leave a note maybe?" He offers to lighten the mood.

" Okay," I laughed, " And for the record, the injury is not my fault."

~~~

I would honestly, rather be at camp. I wasn't allowed to leave the couch other than to go to the bathroom or eat at the table since Alfred wouldn't let me eat on the couch. Dick was probably the worst, he would pick me up and take me there, then take me back. I wasn't allowed to do anything by myself and it was starting to piss me off.

When Dick left the room, leaving me and Jason. I let out a sigh of relief, " Finally."

I got up and stretched, then started walking to my room. Jason spoke up from behind me on the couch, " What are you doing?"

" Going to my room?" I continue walking but Jason stopped me then flipped me over his shoulder. He let out a soft grunt from my weight, but continued the path to my room, " Are you f-"

I cut myself off, knowing it wasn't going to do anything for me, " How much is Dick paying you for this?"

" Dildo?" Jason laughed, " He's not paying me anything. As much as this family annoys me, I don't want them to get hurt."

" Aww, goes w'ittle Jason care about me?" I joke.

" That's it," He growled, but with a joking under tone, " Your not being put down."

" What!?" I blurted, " Please! It's been living hell with me being watched and carried. I can't even fidget without someone ready to do something for me. I wasn't even vapor mist for that long, gods!"

" What?"

" What?" I asked back.

" Vapor mist. What is that?"

" Nothing, it's kind of when you vapor travel a lot or do it when your exhausted and you turn into vapor mist. Same thing happens when you shadow travel, but with shadows." I explained.

" Are you kidding me?" Jason asked, then shook his head. He was acting out of character to be lugging me around and then supper worried me, " Your an idiot, Jackson."

I nodded while I got jostled around since he was going up the stairs, " Why don't I have a nickname?"

" What do you mean?" He huffed.

" Dick is Dildo, Damian is Demon, and Tim is replacement."

" You want one? How about Jackass?" He offered.

" I'll stick to Percy, thanks."

" Nope, it's Jackass." Jason said.

" You're a jackass." I muttered.

" No, I'm Jason."

I rolled my eyes, " That was the worst dad joke ever."

" This is your stop." Jason said, kicking the door open. He set me down in the middle of the room, " Get what you want before Dildo comes back and throws a hissy fit."

" Why?" I asked, as I went to my book shelf and grabbed a coloring book. Then to my desk to get markers.

" Because I wasn't supposed to let you leave, but I did. So your welcome." Jason picked up the watch Tyson made for me, examining it.

" Thanks. Now put that down before you break it. I still have to take it back to my brother so he can fix it." I start walking out of my room, but Jason went in front of me and crouched down. Sighing, I jumped on his back.

" Brother?" Jason asked.

" Yeah, he's my half brother, a cyclops. You wouldn't like him, he's a hugger."

He nods, " Sounds like Dildo and Replacement."

" Can I ask you something?" I ask.

" Sure." He grunts.

" Why are you being so kind to me?" I ask.

" I have no idea, just don't get used to it, Jackass."

1116 words

1/31/21

Hey, sorry I was supposed to update earlier, but I hate online school and I had no motivation, and now I think I'm gonna do jiu jitsu so.

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe