Chapter Twenty-One

Murder and almost self harm
~W.W~

" There is an armed robbery in progress. I want you to make sure that no one gets hurt."

I nod, forcing down fear. I knew who was the robber, even with so little details. It made me sick to think that Percy is getting taken advantage of. " Nightwing, Kid Flash, may I have a word."

The rest of the team filed out, leaving us with stone cold Batman. Once Conner was out of earshot, the stone broke away. He sighed heavily and stumbled to the couch. He pulled back his cowl and a saw a tear slip down his face. " She's changed. But she's not in control. I don't know what you'll find, so just be prepared."

I nodded and hurried to the ship. The ship was flying at speeds that it never reached before. When we got to the bank, there was water frozen in a cylinder from the floor to the ceiling. Kaldur looked at it, " I have got this. Kid Flash and Nightwing go check the vault. The others stay here and help with the people."

Dick and I nodded before running to the back. We got there just in time to see Percy taking her sword out of a women's stomach. A flash of horror and disgust ran across Percy's face. Her nose scrunched up and her mouth was open like she was about to puke. Then the stone cold face was back on. Percy said something, but I didn't hear it over the pounding in my ears. Dick and I we both frozen with shock. Then anger flooded through me, what kind of monster makes someone murder another person?

I clenched my jaw and ran forward to see Percy disappear. Punching a wall, I almost screamed in anger. She has been through too much already, now she has to deal with killing someone. No one could ever get that off their conscience.

And most times it just leads them down a dark path. 

~~~

Weeks had passed. More bodies. More death on an unwilling conscience.

I was sitting on my bed in my mountain room, holding a razor. Looking at the old scars made me feel compelled, and the anger inside didn't help. I put the razor to my rear, but before I started to swipe, I stopped.

Cutting didn't help then. Why would it help now. Cutting won't help me find Percy and get the monster out of her head. In blind anger I threw the razor against the wall, breaking it in half from the force. I wanted to scream, to get some pain out, without being destructive towards myself. Percy wouldn't want that. But screaming would mean Conner or the team would hear.

Suddenly, I heard a knock. Standing up I opened the door to find Dick with his sunglasses on. " We have a mission, we need to be in the debriefing room."

I nodded and walked down the hallway, " Do you think it's her?"

Dick swallowed hard, " I don't know. I don't know anything anymore."

" You do miss her?" I knew that was a stupid question to ask. Of course he missed her, they were best friends and siblings. How could be not miss her. Everyone in the bat family was going mad without her. Even Damian was being more moody and shut off from the world than usual.

Dick looked at me, took his sunglasses off, showing his red and watery eyes, " I don't think I could miss her anymore."

Batman stood in front of the screen, " There is a hurricane going through town. Someone might be controlling it, I want you to keep civilians away and take down the controller."

~~~

The outside was a rush of water and wind, competing for dominance. Each fighting to take over. Or maybe each fighting to be free of the control. I knew this was Percy, but his wasn't her.

I looked far down the street to see a women floating in inside the hurricane. Trees seems to bend down to her, kneeling and asking for forgiveness when they have done nothing wrong. Even I found it hard to stand up straightens not move. It was absolutely terrifying, to see Percy's eyes glowing, her hair spinning and whipping around. She seemed to be scared of herself.

" Kid, I want you to run the opposite direction of the wind. I will draw out the water, Nightwing and Artemis, get civilians to safety. Super Boy and M'gann, I want you do take out Orca. Knock her out, try not to harm her, but do what you must." We all nodded and went to do our jobs.

My legs were pumping and burning, but the winds we not stopping. Kaldur tried to draw the water out, but it did nothing since the water was replaced and doubled. Kaldur kept trying, while M'gann tried to get into her head. Conner tried throwing stuff at her but it only got caught in the wind, he tried to brace through the winds. Percy laughed a deep and cruel laugh, then sent a wave of water to wash him out. Conner blacked out from lack of oxygen.

Kaldur was next. He was just sent flying into a wall. Since running around wasn't working, I stopped. " Percy!"

Her head snapped towards me. " Foolish boy, I could have sparred you."

Percy sent a stream of water at me, but I easily ran out of the way. Percy glared as I walked forwards, yelling over the storm, " Percy! Please! You have to remember! You have to come back. To Bruce, to Dick, to your family! You have to come back to me!"

Percy sent another spray of water at me, this time hitting me somehow. I slammed into a wall, groaning, " Oww..."

But just as quickly as I was shot down, I got up. My mind raced for an answer. When I figured out a half out together plan, " This will be the death of me."

I ran straight up to the edge of the storm. Then started walking in. Percy was focused on trying to take out Miss Martian but failing she would deflect or fly away. Forcing my way through the storm, I grabbed Percy's hand. Her head snapped to me, " Whag are y-Wally?"

A weight lifted off my shoulders as the storm slowed to a stop. Percy broke down in front of me. I pulled her into a hug, as she cried because of the things she was made to do. Things that would never go away. " Wally, I'm so so-"

My eyebrows knit together, " Perc-"

A blast of water was sent out from her. I flew into a building, landing on the second story. My eyes felt so heavy, everything screaming in pain. I wanted to pass out, to get rid of the pain. But I crawled my way to the newly installed window. To find Perch standing there in triumph. The horror flashed across her face, " No! Wally!"

Then triumph, then pain. Her hands flew to her head, as her mind fought for control, " I-No- Foolish girl- Wally-Bow dow-please!"

Percy stumbled around, making my heart shatter and twist. Dick was a hundred feet away, watching this but slowly getting closer. I wanted to go down and help, but every time I moved pain shot through my ribs and head. Finally Percy screamed, back arched, head clamped between two hands. Then feel to her knees. Dick ran as fast as he could to her.

She offered both wrist, not looking from the ground, " I'm sorry."

1265 words

5/27/20

So... that was a nice chapter. It got bad near the end middle, I was tired and I'm tired now, so I'm going to go to bed. Two or three more chapters until part two is done.

Pieces angels and stay safe!