Chapter Nine

~~~

I watched Tim spit out his coffee, Dick started choking on a piece of beef, and Damian calming turned to Bruce, " See, Father, I told you Grayson and Todd would make a mistake."

" I don't know what your talking about." Bruce said.

" Wow, okay." I take a sip of my water, " I get that it's a big deal, and it you didn't know if you could trust me. But you didn't have to lie to my face after I already knew."

I stand up and push in my chair. I start walking off when Alfred said, " Miss Percy, I must request that you finish your dinner."

" I'll take a to-go box." I said and walked out of the room. I felt like I was overreacting, but I didn't see why he didn't just tell me. I mean, he's seen me bruised and bloody, and still put up a fight. I want to be on the team so I can put the people that hurt and abused Hunter in jail. And all the other kids like my family in Crazy Crackhead Karen's house.

I sit on my bed wondering if I should go apologize to Bruce. maybe I went over board. My hands were shaking and itching to do something, even when after doing gymnastics all day, I still had this pent up energy. I took my dagger out and started sharpening it. It was both productive and fidgeting. You'll never know when a monster could attack.

A knock scared me, making my muscles take over. A soft thud echoed through the empty room, as the dagger embedded itself in the door, " Come in."

The door opens and Bruce walks in. He pulled the door closed behind him, looking at the handle of the dagger. " Look, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you."

" It's not that you didn't tell me, it's that you denied it. But I overreacted, so its fine. I got up and opened the door." The was three inches of a blade sticking out, " Sorry about the door, you scared me."

" Percy, if you want to join us, you can. Dick is part of a little team, and you can join. Tim is part of a group called Teen Titans, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you joining. Or you could work with me and Damian. I'm sorry, Percy, I should have told you. You can obviously take care of yourself."

I nodded, already knowing my option. " I'll think about it." I opened the door more, " I'm going to go for a swim."

He nodded and went to ok his way, " I'm sorry about the door."

" It's fine, we'll get you a new one." He said, and started to walk off. I shut my door, and gripped the handle, then deciding that being lazy is key, I left it.

I went into the bathroom, after getting my swimsuit. I took my shirt off examining the scars and burns. There were also a few scabs, for my time with joker. They all covered my torso, and I felt disgusted. Why did this have to happen to me?

" Hey, Perc, you ok?" Dick walked through the door and into the open bathroom.

Slapping my arms to my stomach, trying to cover as much torso as I could. Dick spun around and walked back to bedroom after closing the door. I slipped on my suit, pulling over my rash guard, and walked out.

" I'm so sorry, I saw the knife and I was worried and I-"

" Dick, it's fine. I should have locked the door. My fault." I watched as he turns around slowly, " I'm dressed...how much did you see?"

His eyes held pain and pity, and tears almost pooled over, " What did she do to you?"

I swallow, and twist my hands together, " They aren't all from Karen." 

" Even I don't have that many scars." Dick stepped to me, so we were only a few inches apart. 

" I guess I was just at the wrong place, at the wrong time." I whisper, stepping away from him, " I'll be in the pool if you want to join me."

I walk out of the bare room and follow the hallways to the pool. Jumping in the pool I float in the water, and trying to calm down. Dick seeing my scars and asking about them sent me into a panic. I have no idea why, but something squeezed my gut, making tears prick my eyes. After staying in the pool without anyone coming in, I figure that it's safe for me to sit at the bottom. 

" Why me?" I ask myself. 

I pull the grey streak from my hair, wondering why I lived long enough to get this streak or long enough now. But I felt like the fates let-made me lived this long to protect the abused children of the world. I still felt so lost, like I was floating though the ocean with no coordinates floating in my brain. Feeling bile rising up my throat, I shoot to the top, and rush to my room. I run into the bathroom, and emptying my stomach into the toilet bowl, " Huh, I've never thrown up like that..."

I lean against the wall, wiping my mouth with the sleeve of my rash guard. Panic still coursed through my veins as I threw up again. Cursing I stood up, and walked to the door next to mine. I knocked on the door and waited for a voice to grant me entree. I stumbled in and I looked up at Dick, " Are you okay?"

I swallowed hard, " I'm fine, I just need a glass of water and a hug."

He nodded, and pulled me into a hug guiding me to the bed. " Stay here and I'll get you a glass of water."

After a few minutes, he came back and handed me the cup. I took a few big gulps and handed the glass back to him. After he put the water on the table he laid back on the bed, a little bit away from me. We sat in silence for a little bit until he broke it, " Is what I said, about the scars?"

I bit my lip, and looked anywhere but him. " I'm sorry."

" It's not your fault, we all need an awakening. And I felt like I needed this." I said turning to him, and pulling him into a hug and holding back tears.

" Do you want to talk about it?"

" I..."

" Do you need to talk about it."

" Pr-" I was cut off by the door swinging open.

" Grayson, Jackson, Father needs you down stairs."

I start walking off when Dick takes my arm, " We'll finish this later."

I nod and follow the demon to the grandfather clock. After walking down the stairs, Bruce walked in from a platform, " I have your suit ready, and I assume you have your decision?"

Looking at the suit, it was most black. There were sea-green blue on both arms like Pocahontas arm bands, and calf bands, with a wave design around the waist. From the arm bands and the waist the black faded to white with lines and grey. There was a hood, with the same green and blue inside. There was a mask on the dummies face, with black fading  to white on the edge. There was a trident strapped to the back, that could be retracted into a few inches of gold. 

" I'll join the Young Justice."

1269 words

69...

Anyway, who should Percy date, I feel like I should go with Wally, but I like Dick, or do you ya'll have others?

Also, my school is out for the rest of the year, so...

4/6/20

Pieces Angels