Chapter Twenty-Eight

~~~

" I'm sorry, Jay." I didn't know if I should stay with him or walk off. But I did the latter, wanting to give him space. I closed the door and went back to the common room. I slumped down on the couch next to Wally, " I'm tired of this..." I trailed off, knowing about the ears all around us.

" Yeah, I'm tired of...Sponge Bob, too." Wally sighed, as a famous laugh echoed through the room. But my brothers and Wally all knew what we were talking about. We were tired of being younger, being babysat. And forgetting the past five years.

Conner didn't pick up on what was happening from the couch, so he picked up the remote and changed the channel. Damian slowly turned to him, glaring at him. Megan stepped in, " You know what? Let's to go outside, maybe go to a park?"

" I want to go to a roller coaster!" I jumped up from my spot on the couch.

" Me, too!" Dick said. Getting up from his spot on the floor.

" I think a six flags is close." Artemis said, getting kind of excited.

" Are you guys up for a car ride?" Megan asked, almost levitating two inches off the ground for a split second. She looked around quickly, making sure the kids weren't paying attention.

" Does anyone actually here know how to drive?" I asked Wally. To which he snorted and shrugged and went back to Victorious. I could see Conner smile but he couldn't give away that he heard me from across the room.

" Please? Please? Can we go?" I begged Megan and Wally, my childish antics kicking in.

" Go see if Jason wants to go." Megan said.

I jumped up then ran out of the room, then started pounding on Jason's door. Jason ya Jed open the door, glaring at me, " What?"

" You wanna go to six flags?" I ask, almost jumping up and down.

" Sure." A smile tugged at his lips but he was still upset for bugging him.

" Sweet!" I said, then grabbed his hand and started pulling him down the hall.

" Let go!" Jason dragged out the go.

" We got to go!" I whined, not wanting to slow down. Titus heard the commotion and started running to us, then circled our heels as Jason pulled me to a stop.

" Maybe act more your age?" Jason growled, " Maybe it will slow down you being overtaken by stupid."

" Maybe, but your acting more like a jerk, so, I don't think so." I rolled my eyes and started dragging him behind me.

" You guys ready?" Megan asked. I nodded and jumped up and down, I couldn't tell if I hated being this immature or loved it.

Since I usually acted a little bit more mature than this, I couldn't tell if this was me changing or me giving up about trying to hide it. Maybe turning ten again will be good for me? Maybe relieve the stress of the last five years. But it was also very scary. I would forget my family and the best part of my life was in the last five years. But also the worst.

~~~

After we spend at least eight hours at six flags, had ten throw ups from weak stomached and ate so much junk food that we might as well throw up from that alone. My legs hurt from walking and my stomach felt like it had been turned upside down and inside out. I clung to Wally's neck as he gave me a piggy back ride to the car, " Tired?"

The corner of my lips pulled up, too tired from screaming, then I whispered, " Shut up."

" See, I'm perfectly fine, and you ran more then I did. So how are you so tired."

" 'Cause I'm ten, and I'm tired."

Wally laughed. Then put me in the back seat, buckling me in, then sat next to me after going around the car. I closed my eyes and must have fell asleep because the next time I opened then I was on the couch halfway through finding Nemo. " Hey, I love this movie."

" Look who's awake." Wally said, smiling at me.

After the movie and thirty minutes into finding Dory Bruce walked in. The team got up and walked to the door, making sure we were okay. " Thank you for watching the boys and Percy." Bruce said, his hands behind his back, gripping onto his wrist. He had little to no emotion and to his voice, but it was rushed.

" You could just say the kids. I'm not that special." I roll my eyes. Bruce turned slightly and glared at me. I put my hands up and backed up. Rolling my eyes again while eyeing Wally who made me go on every ride at least ten times even though I wanted a break. He just smirked and walked out the door.

Bruce left the door open then walked away, " Come on, I found a cure."

" Good, I'm tired of being te- did you get a new haircut?" I asked Bruce.

" Five years ago, yes." Bruce sounded annoyed, which I got. He probably just stayed up today on end because he needed to find a cure before this was permanent, and my ADHD, ten year old self was not helping him relax.

I was about to say something about how his hair should have grown more hair in five years but Dick elbowed me in the side. I gave him a confused look with a hint of anger. Why would he do that?

Bruce gestured to the five cots half of social distance length apart from the last one. I hop up, and the others followed my lead. Bruce and Alfred stood facing a table while Wally zoomed in. Bruce didn't even turn around, " Did you close the door?"

Wally ran away and came back, making me think of ' Incredibles 2'. Bruce and Alfred turned around and held five shots. Panic ran through my, I wanted to run away but Wally held my arms. " You'll be alright."

I felt a prick in my arm, then nothing. Suddenly, everything started hurting, like it was stretching so far it's about to break. Then it stopped, I heard the others screams since they got it after I did. " Ugh, I can't tell if I should puke or through up."

1059 words

8/2/20

Y'all, I can't believe it's already August and I want to quit band, but my mom won't let me till the season is over. Sorry it took so long to update.

Pieces Angels and stay safe