Chapter Sixteen

~~~

After Wally walked around and talked to me, I felt pretty calm. I could focus for more than a minute, without thinking of the nightmare. I've tried to sleep the three days since of the nightmare, but every time I close my eyes I see the dead, bleeding faces of everyone I've ever loved.

So that's how I ended up in the couch, in the fourth season of the office at four in the morning. Under my sleeve I traced the new lines caused by stress and fear. I didn't want to do it, but I needed to. To release some of the pain. After a episode, Tim sat down next to me with a cup of coffee, while Stanley had an outburst, " Did I stutter."

I took Tim's cup of coffee, and he tried to take it back but I pushed him down. Throwing the blanket that I had on him, I took a sip of the coffee, " You need sleep."

" Have you gotten sleep?" He asked, sitting back up.

I pushed him back down, and did the reasonable thing, and lied. " Yes."

" No, you haven't, I can also tell that you've been doing something else in your free time."

" If you shut up now and go to sleep, I'll buy you more coffee and say you went to be at a reasonable time."

Tim didn't say anything but lay his head on my shoulder. He stayed awake for the rest of the episode but fell asleep during the intro of the next. And that's how I spent the next four hours, watching Tv and trying not to fidget Tim awake. Suddenly Jason walked in the room, looking at Tim.

" Aww, did the replacement get tired?" He asked in a baby voice, taking a drag from his joint. He started to move to push Tim off the couch, but I stopped him.

" You wake him up, I'll kill you again. With not pit to revive you this time." I almost growl out. For some reason, I became really protective of Tim. I know Tom never sleeps, and if I can help him for the first time I came into his life, I'm going to make sure I do.

" Oof, someone's mad, you didn't get the sex you wanted?" He asked, throwing himself on the couch next to me, " Need a puff?"

" What-" Then I though about it. Could this make me like Gabe? Or could it ease the pain. I need the pain to stop, but what if I put the pain on other people. No, I'll only endanger myself.

I promised myself that I would only endanger me, as I reached for the blunt. " Sure."

He looked surprised but let me take it from his hand. Taking a quick puff, then breathing it out. I could already feel the toll it was taking on my mind. Since I never tried it, I was easily tipped into the euphoric state it gives everyone. I did another puff then handed it back to Jason, " Thanks."

He stared in shock, before taking a puff himself. " I was joking, I didn't think you smoked."

" I don't."

~~~

I dodge the car, as it was thrown at me. Watching as it sailed for a small boy out of his mind, I race forward. Grabbing the boy in my arms and turned my back to the ground. As my back collided with the sidewalk, a loud groan was heard from me. " Oof."

The boy hung onto me even as I stood up. Trying to see a safe place to put the young boy, I have no option but to put him five blocks away. Looking into his brown eyes, I let out a soft, light-hearted scoff. How did I go from smoking drugs, to saving a boy from a flying car in a couple hours. " Better start running."

After running five blocks away, I set him down, " Go find your parents."

That kid could not have ran faster.

After getting back to the fight, I saw that M'gann was having a mental fight with the villain. And seeing that he was still sending cars and anything he could throw at the non telepathies, says that he is so much stronger mentally than M'gann. I'm scared she's fighting a losing battle. But nonetheless, I take my trident and charge.

Surprisingly, I was unnoticed by the villain, or so I thought. I gripped my trident, ready to wack him in the head, of if worse comes to worse, I'd pin him to the wall with more damage. Suddenly, I was pulled forward and a hand wrapped around my neck.

" Orca!" I heard people scream.

Images flashed through my mind. Some of them memories. Some of them something else.

A doctor standing over me, with a scalpel.

Gabe punching me.

Being locked in a cage.

A long katakana being run through me.

So much more flashed through my mind.

I felt a scream escape my lips.

It was too much.

Colors were switching.

My head was pounding.

It was so overwhelming.

I was drowning.

Then I was back at St. Helen, lava burning my skin.

It seemed to carry on forever.

Never ending.

Then suddenly.

It stopped.

I dropped to the ground. And I puked. My world was still spinning and colors swirled and switched. There were three of everything and my head pounded like it was getting ten of Tyson's hugs every second. I couldn't focus my eyes on one thing. But it didn't matter since black was sprinkling into my vision.

" Or-" a voice said.

"-Ca"

" Ta...o...me." It sounded like a radio going in and out of static.

Then I blacked out.

~~~

When I woke up, everything was too loud. The drip of the IV, the hushed voices outside my door not doing a good job of being quiet.

Then the door opened and Dick came in, Wally trailing him. Dick gasped at me being awake, and Wally rushed to my side. " Are you okay?"

He started asking a few more questions, but I put a finger to his lips, " Shh. Your being to loud."

" But I'm going to be fine."

But even I knew that was a lie.

Something had changed.

1039 words

5/19/20

I still can't believe we have more than six months till 2020 is over. What if 2021 is worse? *knocks on wood*

Pieces Angels