Chapter Two

~~~

After locking myself in my cabin for a few days, Chiron said it would be a good idea if I went home for a few days. To freshen up. I didn't deny it, I wanted my mom. I hadn't seen her in almost two years for me, and almost a year for her. Tartarus was certainly something, and it couldn't forget it, for every night it plagued my dreams.

So as I walk up to the door, my hand trembles. Rapping my hand on the door, I squeezed the bag that laid on my shoulder. With no answer, I knocked again. After ten minutes of no reply, I start to get worried. It was a Saturday, so everyone would be home, because Mom only went shopping on the third Saturday of every month. I get out my flip phone ( for emergencies only)
and called 9-1-1.

" 9-1-1, what's your emergency?" A lady asked.

" Hi, I think something might be wrong with my mom. Her name is Sally Blofis. I just got home from a year-round camp, but I lost my key."

" Sally Blofis?" The lady asked, " Is this Persephone Jackson?"

" Yes? How did you know?" Scared it was a monster that was going to eat me alive.

" Could you please come down to the station, we have some matters to discuss."

~~~

After finding out my mom, Stepdad and unborn sister died in a car crash I was sent to a foster home, an abusive foster home I might add. Which I was kind of use to with Gabe and the pit. And I tried to put the demigod stuff behind me. I had few attacks, so for the last year, I've been trying to live a normal life, as much as I could with an abusive foster mom.

But one day after a bad beating, I was sent to go get eggs, to which my drunk foster mom forgot at the store. I pulled my hood down as far as it would go.

Walking back from the store I see a family of all boys walk down the street. Wanting to avoid them, I slow and almost stop at the side of the sidewalk. But at the last moment, one boy pushed his brother, and he slammed into me. " Jason!"

I was about to land in the road when a hand caught me by the hood of my sweatshirt and stopped me from becoming roadkill, " Great job, Grayson."

" Oh you just love killing people don't you?" Was that Dick?

I look up at the boy who just saved me, he had pieces of white hair in the front of his head, while the rest was jet black. In fact, the whole family had a full head of jet black hair. But they all had something off about they like they didn't exactly look alone, but then again, look at my family.

" Thanks," I said and was about to rush off when they kept asking questions.

" Percy?" A voice asks.

I look up, to spot Dick, he's in my science class and ever since then we've been kinda close friends. His dad is pretty nice, and started to become a father figure, " Hi."

" What happened? Are you ok?" Obviously asking about my face.

" I almost got ran over by a car..." I pointed behind me, " But yeah, I'm fine. Thanks again but I have to go." I start to run back to the big house, full of abused, malnourished kids who are being used for the money.

" What took you so long brat?! You should be grateful I don't send you back!" The foster woman yelled at me. She was hideous, to say the least. You could tell she was on crack and had horribly dead hair from bleaching it over and over again. With a manicured hand, she slapped me across the face, " Go to your room."

" Yes, ma'am." Usually, I would backtalk to someone, but I've had enough of this treatment to know that she had the upper hand. First I went to the bathroom to clean up my face, healing everything.