Chapter Eighteen

~P.J.~

It had been a few hours since Hazel, Leo, Nico and Andrew left, and I had stayed in the room that I used when I was too tired to go back to the batcave. I've been laying in my bed, trying to figure out what I did to make Andrew hate me so much, when there was a knock on my door. Opening the door, after slipping on my sunglasses, Kaldur stood there.

" I came to inform you, that dinner is ready. But I would like to ask you more on the matter of what happened with Andrew. But if you would not like to talk, I shall respect your wishes."

I raised an eyebrow at him, under my sunglasses. " You don't know any slang at all, do you?"

He offered a small smile, " I suppose I do not."

I nodded, " But Andrew is my ex-boyfriend. Things ended roughly, saying that I wanted attention and only did the things I did to get attention."

I offered a small smile before walking away to kitchen, when Kaldur stopped me, " What did you do?"

I turned my head to look at him, " Protect my family."

After grabbing a plate, and sitting on the ground leaning against the couch, M'gann asked me, " Orca, what do you want to do with you life?"

I let out a little laugh, pushing up my glasses while taking a bite of shells and cheese, " I don't know, I guess I never really thought about it that much. Everyone I know has been telling me I was going to die at fourteen, but I would like to be a marine biologist."

" Why were you going to die at fourteen?" Artemis asked.

My eyes grew slightly before returning to their normal size, hopefully it goes unnoticed, " Oh, um, my grandpa wanted me dead."

" Where is your grandpa now?" Kaldur asked.

I looked off, trying to remember, and what to tell them, " I think he's in jail."

Then Nightwing scoffed, " You think?"

I shrugged, " Look, I don't try to remember what happened."

A kitchen timer went off, " Hello, Megan! My cookies!"

Megan flew out of the room, trying to turn off the timer and get the semi-burnt cookies from the oven. She set them on the counter, then Wally rushes over. " Wally, can you grab me one?"

" Anything for you, sugar!" He said with a mouthful of cookies.

I rolled my eyes, " Thanks."

" But I meant what are you going to do after you age up out of the team?"

" I might go to college, but I'll definitely go to the town where the college is at." I take a bite of a cookie, " I think that's the only school that will take me."

" Why is that the only school?" Artemis asked.

I let out a short laugh, " I've blown up schools, failed, I've beat up a teacher because they wanted to kill me. I've...had a bad rep when it comes to schools."

Dick laughed, " Yeah, no kidding."

" Shut up." I laugh as well.

" If I ever quit the superhero thing, " Megan said with a dreamy look in her eyes, " I would just want to be a stay at home mom. Have little kids running around."

" You would make a good mom." Artemis said.

" The best." I said.

" Do you want kids?" Megan asked no one in particular.

" I mean, sure." Artemis shrugged.

" I wish to had a kid or two." Kaldur said, leaning back in the chair.

" Not my main goal." Dick said.

" I want a big family, lots of kids. A whole bunch of grandkids." Wally said, kinda rambling on.

I laughed until they all looked at me, wanting my answer. No one asked Conner for a reply, since he wasn't the talkative type. He reminds me of Damian, but less deadly, even though he's indestructible. " Oh, with the right guy, maybe. But I would need to make sure my family wouldn't get a hold of them. But, I don't know for sure, I don't want to turn out to be some of my guardians."

There was a moment of awkward silence, before Megan spoke up, " I think you would make a good mom."

Kaldur nodded, " I agree. You are very caring."

" Thanks." I say, and we settled into a comfortable silence before Wally got tired of it and turned on Cars 3. Halfway through the movie, Nightwing decided that it was time to go. I nodded and stood up.

" I think I should head out, too." Wally said.

~~~

After watching an episode of friends, Dick got up, " I'm going to take a shower."

I nodded and went back to the show. After a few minutes of Dick being gone, Wally speaks up. " You know, I get scared of being like my dad, too. But you could never. You are going to be a great mom, no matter what you say yourself."

I smile, letting out a scoff of pleasure, " I hope your right. Sure I want kids, but...I don't want to hurt them. It would kill me inside."

Wally paused the show, " I know what you mean. I'm always so scared that I will hurt someone. Or show them how much pain I've gotten from my past."

" So you hide it with jokes." My mind went to Leo. " With sarcasm."

" Do you ever accidentally forget to wear you mask?" Wally asks.

I wipe the stray tear that went down my cheek. It felt good to open up, without feeling like a burden to someone. It felt good to connect to someone who the...pain. " Yeah, then your just like, did I make that face out loud?"

Wally laughed, " It's nice to have someone who understands."

I looked into Wally's green eyes, they felt like they were pulling me to them. I saw Wally leaning in and I'm not going to lie, I kind of wanted to kiss him. He's always been cute and funny, but the fact that he knows my pain. That was what drew me to him the most. 

I put my hand on his knee to get closer to him and become stable. Wally stared at me, with wonder and fascination in his eyes. I melted inside. My heart beat was in my ears. His eyes fluttered closed, mine followed. I could feel the heat off him.

" I think Bruce would find this highly, unprofessional, Jackson." Damian said.

I shot back, falling off the couch, " Demon!"

Wally laughed, despite the red on his face. Jason spoke up from the shadows, " Oh, come on! Little Demon, I was rooting for her!"

" Me, too," Tim said, with a bleary face, " Do you know where the coffee is?"

I put my hand on my face and pinched the bridge of my nose, " Oh, my gods."

1133 words

5/24/20

So, get ready, because it's going to get bad, unless there's something y'all want to see. Because I'm at a spot where I can add stuff, so now's the chance.

Pieces Angels, stay safe