five

~They don't know how special you are
They don't know what you've done to my heart
They can say anything they want
'Cause they don't know about us~

you.

"Are you okay?" I hear Malfoy's voice before I can even fully make it out the door of the hospital wing. He grabs me and pulls me from Harry's hands. "Are you okay? Answer me please," He repeats himself and I nod, slightly taken aback by the concern laced in his voice.

"I'm fine. Have you been here all night?" I change the subject because honestly, I still felt pretty terrible and I know if I continued trying to explain I was okay, he would be able to see right through the lie. Both of them would. Harry clears his throat, obviously trying to make his presence known and I turn my attention to him. "I'm fine, Harry. I'll catch up to you, yeah?" I smile and place a hand on his arm. He places his hand on top of my own and pulls me in for a quick embrace, pressing a chaste kiss to the top of my head.

He releases and places his hand on my face, rubbing his thumb across my cheekbone quickly and I smile into his touch. "Be careful, okay?" He whispers and I nod, allowing a full smile onto my face. Why does he insist on making himself so irresistible?

I turn my attention back to Malfoy once Harry begins walking away from us. His face says everything and nothing at the same time. He walks towards me quickly, closing the gap between us. "I'm fine," I mutter into the hug, which I appreciate, knowing this is a rare occasion. The hug is a bit awkward and I can tell he isn't used to showing this kind of affection with anyone but I'm thankful for the gesture, nonetheless.

"I wish I was there. I wish I didn't leave you alone. I'm the only with a brain and you insist on hanging around them instead. I don't know why," He begins rambling and strokes my hair slowly. I notice it is still down from when Harry took it out the night before. He pulls back and tuck a piece behind my ear, a habit he has done since we have gotten close. He knows that I don't like my hair in my face and I feel like that's really where it started.

It is things like that that I wish they could experience. The other side of him. The warmth and comfort and love that he is willing to give despite the lack of love he has received in his own life. His hand freezes behind my ear and he looks over my entire face. His thumb swiped my cheek bone, just beneath my eye and his eyebrows drop to a frown.

"Why are you crying?" He suddenly speaks up and I quickly bring my hands to my face, feeling the dampness on my cheeks. I open my mouth to speak but close it again. I don't really have an answer as to why I'm crying but I could be honest and just accept him making fun of me.

"You." I whisper out quietly and laugh lightly and his brows drop immediately into a look of confusion. It seems the truth is even worse than if I had just made something up.

"What have I done?" He says back quietly and drops his hand back to his side. I shake my head and let out a humorless laugh, looking away from him. No matter how hard I would try to explain it to him, he would never be able to understand why it is that I want everyone to see the real him. Honestly, I could barely understand it.

I just don't want people to see him as the bully with a cold complex that he comes off as. He can definitely be terrible, I understand that, but how will he ever learn if he is never taught? I wish they would allow him to show himself for just a moment and help him to understand that his father isn't the best person to be influenced by.

"Nothing. You've done nothing," I smile and look at him again but he just looks worried for me, "Come on," I grab his arm and hook my own around it, "Walk me to my dorm, then we can go eat," I say and he smiles slightly and laughs lightly. I think I successfully distracted him from the topic for now.